Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Protecting our officers from these deadly weapons

Amazing.

Browsing youtube and found this gem

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hcWo-7wGt5s

(Centre County)

Default Re: Protecting our officers from these deadly weapons

A few months ago, just for kicks i asked to hold a 50cal, single shot bolt action barret. That s.o.b. is so heavy and so expensive i doubt our typical gang-bangers can afford one let alone the ammunition lol.

As for the "cop" (note the blacked out patch and lack of badge) explaining how it can go through car doors and still kill... Uh, hello! a 30 cal FMJ can do the same thing... Hell a SS109 round from a AR probably could do it too... Oh well thats the type of crap they love to spout in the "Peoples Republic of Kalifornia"

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ronin View Post

As for the "cop" (note the blacked out patch and lack of badge) explaining how it can go through car doors and still kill... Uh, hello! a 30 cal FMJ can do the same thing... Hell a SS109 round from a AR probably could do it too... Oh well thats the type of crap they love to spout in the "Peoples Republic of Kalifornia"
    Just about any serious caliber, be it rifle or handgun could go through car doors and still be deadly. Sheet metal doesn't do much to slow a bullet. Cars don't make good cover, unlike what they like to portray in the movies.

(Erie County)

You know that makes me wonder. What different rifle calibers would penetrate multiple layers of sheet metal. o'truth needs to expand his tests. I wouldn't be surprised if a .308 would punch through at least 2 doors.

I do remember seeing this fake hunting organization talking about 50 caliber rifles and how they should be outlawed.

Barretts weigh something like 25lbs I believe, or there abouts. Too expensive and too heavy for gangs or even terrorists.

(Montgomery County)

while his video is base sensationalism, hes not entirely wrong, i own a 50, it can do some damage for sure.

5.56 greentip will punch thru both sides of a early 70s GTO....door to door and out, as below

308 does it, most centerfire rifles will do it with FMJ, some pistol calibers are able to do one door.

below is the result of 223, 50cal, and 308 hits on a 70s AMC Javelin, the large holes are from Tannerite binary explosive targets.

this is a private invitation MG shoot i attend each year, yes, we shoot cars, propane tanks, explosives, and set crap on fire with lots of tracers

my Serbu BFG50 is 27lbs with optics, and can be shoulder fired, it's not really that big to carry, its just too big to HIDE, and gang memebers cant just walk around with one without being spotted.

same weight as an m60 GPMG!
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Thumbs up Re: Protecting our officers from these deadly weapons

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    while his video is base sensationalism, hes not entirely wrong, i own a 50, it can do some damage for sure.

5.56 greentip will punch thru both sides of a early 70s GTO....door to door and out, as below

308 does it, most centerfire rifles will do it with FMJ, some pistol calibers are able to do one door.

below is the result of 223, 50cal, and 308 hits on a 70s AMC Javelin, the large holes are from Tannerite binary explosive targets.

this is a private invitation MG shoot i attend each year, yes, we shoot cars, propane tanks, explosives, and set crap on fire with lots of tracers

my Serbu BFG50 is 27lbs with optics, and can be shoulder fired, it's not really that big to carry, its just too big to HIDE, and gang memebers cant just walk around with one without being spotted.

same weight as an m60 GPMG!

OMG, I GOTTA START HANGING OUT WITH JAYBELL!!!
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Allegheny County)

holy shit is that video stupid. i'd like to know how many people in this country, let alone just cops are actually killed with a .50 each year. i' venture to guess no more than 3, but wouldnt be surprised if there werent any at all.

and he talks about killing machines not being banned......a hell of a lot more people are killed by cars every year. ban them you ignorant moron.

stuff like this get me way too fired up.

(Berks County)

Poor car...

See here for test of bullets vs. car
    http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/thebuickotruth.htm
    Don't need 50 caliber to destroy Buick.

1FingrCHan

(Westmoreland County)

More people are killed by police tasers every year than police by .50 cal weapons. I have no sources but considering I can't find a single instance of an officers death by .50BMG I'm willing to make the statement. In fact, I can't find a story about anyone's death by .50BMG.

Another funny site www.50caliberterror.com

"We can wait for the first time mayhem occurs in our country before we ban civilian sale of these weapons," said Bryan Miller, Ceasefire NJ executive director,
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast