Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Now I remember why I don't go into gun stores.

I went to Anthony Arms today while my fiance was at a job interview. I was listening to the employee tell an old man that open carry is illegal that's why they have a concealed carry permit, and a while bunch of stuff that sounded very amatuer IMHO. He didn't even know that there were kydex IWB holsters. It was honestly one of the most annoying gunshops I've ever been in. I'm going to call their manager and tell him that his employees need to brush up on their gun laws.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Now I remember why I don't go into gun stores.

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    I went to Anthony Arms today while my fiance was at a job interview. I was listening to the employee tell an old man that open carry is illegal that's why they have a concealed carry permit, and a while bunch of stuff that sounded very amatuer IMHO. He didn't even know that there were kydex IWB holsters. It was honestly one of the most annoying gunshops I've ever been in. I'm going to call their manager and tell him that his employees need to brush up on their gun laws.
    It will all be better once you open your shop. Imagine, a gun shop with real advice instead of some guy telling you about his Navy Seal days back in 'nam, how even a poorly placed hit with a .45 will leave a pair of smoldering boots where a man once stood and 40 year old information on how horrendously unreliable M16's are.

(Allegheny County)

It will all be better once you open your shop
    What? like...
    Glocks 'N 'At
    Located on da Sowside?

jmateer, I'm just bustin' your chops!
    It WOULD be refreshing to hear the FACTS in a gun shop on a consistent basis.
    That's the problem with hiring SALESpeople. They are there to SELL, not INFORM. I've had mixed feelings on Anthony Arms. We WERE treated well when I was teaching my wife to shoot there and that was why we picked up our G19 from them. It cost more, but the person helping us went above and beyond.

Ever ask a car salesman something you already know the answer to?
    It's freakin' AMAZING how little THEY know about the product they sell.
    Last edited by Emptymag; March 13th, 2007 at 02:36 PM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    I surprised by this, I got my XD40 at Anthony Arm's and they were very helpful and professional.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    I surprised by this, I got my XD40 at Anthony Arm's and they were very helpful and professional.
    a lot of people are just very misinformed about gun laws. they aren't bad people and might really know their stuff when it comes to guns themselves, but, for whatever reason, many, many people just don't really know the law.

when i find myself in such a situation, i often politely interject..."i'm sorry, but i couldn't help overhearing your conversation, and, actually open carry is legal in PA with or without a permit except in philly where you need a permit." and then explain what the law really is...i also have a copy of the PA UFA and court cases confirming open carry is legal in my truck if they want some documentation. the people may or may not believe me, but at least it will raise questions in their minds.

(Bedford County)

GLOCK'S N' AT ???

Maye he can hire Donnie Iris?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    GLOCK'S N' AT ???

Maye he can hire Donnie Iris?

"No...I'm LONNIE Iris, the gunsmith."

I've stopped in anthony arms a few times. Once with my wife for her to look at handguns for her first. On that trip the guy asked where she was going to learn to shoot. Told him I was going to teach her, he gave the typical "what makes you think you know so much." after going through the laundry list of gun stuff, I ended with and I'm an NRA certified instructor.

Last time I went in was mid-day. Walked through the entire store, more staff than customers in the store. Didn't even get a hello or acknowledgement from any of them! Guess they don't need the business.

As for the guy giving bad info, "the truly wise man knows how little he knows."

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

(Allegheny County)

"the truly wise man knows how little he knows."
    In that case, I'm a freakin' GENIUS!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Many gun shops also try to sell the products that provide the most profit margin.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    when i find myself in such a situation, i often politely interject..."i'm sorry, but i couldn't help overhearing your conversation, and, actually open carry is legal in PA with or without a permit except in philly where you need a permit." and then explain what the law really is...i also have a copy of the PA UFA and court cases confirming open carry is legal in my truck if they want some documentation. the people may or may not believe me, but at least it will raise questions in their minds.
    Last time i tried to correct a guy in a gun shop about the law i got an earful about how how i'd be going to prison and then listed off his background as a retired federal agent or some shit. It's not worth opening your mouth. Just hand the customer a slip of paper with www.pafoa.org written on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast