Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default so a constable knocks at my door today...

obviously over the ONE PARKING TICKET that I sent several checks for. But the City of Allentown never cashed the checks. fees went from 20 (check sent) to 40 (check sent from post office) to 99 (check sent certified mail and cashed nearly 20 days after they received it.

now, apparently (per the letter I received in the mail saying a warrant MAY be issued for my arrest), a warrant has been issued for my arrest.

for one parking ticket

that was paid

that was bogus to begin with. (cited for parking in a street cleaning zone that I didn't park in until after the scheduled stop time.)

I thought this was my only ever infraction with the Law, but I forgot that I was given a parking ticket in Allentown about 10 years ago (paid same day)

finances are tight. what the hell do I do?
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: so a constable knocks at my door today...

Were you OCing when you answered? LOL! Sorry, just had to be asked. But seriously, you're not in jail so...what happened?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Were you OCing when you answered? LOL! Sorry, just had to be asked. But seriously, you're not in jail so...what happened?
    well, seeing as I was naked (getting into the shower) and having the understanding what it was about, I didn't answer.

I instead called the Magistrate's office (open 8am to 4pm), but it was closed (at 330pm...)
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Monroe County)

Take the proof of the first instance of payment down to the courthouse, along with the rest of the associated paperwork relating to this ticket, and have them fix it in the system for good, and refund your overpayments. The whole "sent in" thing should have stopped after the first fuck up. Go in person and get it straightened out, in front of the judge if necessary, while you are there.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Lackawanna County)

if you wrote checks for them, you should have copies of them. i had a similar problem a few years ago. i got home and found a copy of the warrant taped to my door. i called the constable ( i think his name was warwick), and explained. he was pretty cool about it; he agreed to check into my situation, and he called me back about a week later, to tell me everything was cleared up.

(Lehigh County)

I haven't received any summons in the mail. Don't I have to receive a summons prior to a warrant?

unfortunately, I had thought this retardation was over once I saw my check cashed by the city.

I feel like this is a set up to bilk additional money out of me to feed the system.

I can see this escalating despite my compliance... failure to appear despite no notice... warrant issued, then I'm "resisting arrest", then they kick in my door, shoot up the place, kill my dog, and I get charged with multiple felonies... I end up on the news for owning "high powered military guns", and am guilty with no chance of innocence.

for one parking ticket

that was paid

that was bogus to begin with

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but it's not like this shit hasn't happened to people before.

(Lebanon County)

You shower in the nude? WTH?

(Cumberland County)

I call first dibs on all his guns.

Seriously Marine, get your head out of your ass and follow the advice of headcase ( I may never say that again). Go there and don't leave until it is straightened out. Be polite and armed with copies of cancelled checks. Then breath.

(Butler County)

Yea, defiantly gather up your checks and all your paperwork but at this point, (if you cant go there first thing tomorrow) you should call the magistrate and the constable and make arrangements to show up with your paper work .

I assume he left his card? I doubt he will arrest you if you agree to go straighten it out. They usually they arent that bad for something small like 1 parking ticket if you cooperate.
    Last edited by jud4420; October 9th, 2008 at 10:39 PM.

(Montgomery County)

If they cashed the check you should be able to just show that to them and have them expunge your record.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast