Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Pocono record poll, I guess it is SFN related...

poll

Hit this poll, although it is ridiculous already, lol. Appeared after SFN's story. It's half way down the page...

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Default Re: Pocono record poll, I guess it is SFN related...

I hit it.

(Carbon County)

Hit it...
    Yes-85.9%
    No-14.1
    Total votes-1514
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Lebanon County)

Also hit it...

Yes - 85.9%
    No - 14.1%

Total votes: 1517

Looks like we are winning this one !!!!!

Hit it, 86% yes, 14% no.

(Northampton County)

Doing Good Still
    86 y
    13 n

Could not find it, but I did find this ..
    http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/809230317

By MELANIE VanDERVEER
    Pocono Record Writer
    September 23, 2008
    Ladies, grab your guns.
    Pocono Pistol Club in Stroudsburg wants to help local women become comfortable with a firearm by offering an all-women shooting class for beginners.
    "There is an increase in people learning how to use a gun because of the increase in area crime," said Norm Lattig, the range master.
    The pistol club opened in mid-April and has been booming since. With no other program like this in the area, women are now able to try their hand at a new hobby or means of self-defense by learning how to properly handle a gun in a comfortable environment.
    "Quite a few women are coming in lately. We feel that there is a need for ladies that want to possibly own their own firearm for protection," said club owner Jere Dunkelberger.
    Dunkelberger's daughter, Tricia Dunkelberger Fritz, added, "Women shoot and women want to protect themselves. I think that the women in our area want to be comfortable with a firearm."
    The first ladies-only shooting class was held last Tuesday night and the class sold out fairly quickly. Eight students showed up for the inaugural class and many looked apprehensive but determined.
    "I am a little nervous about this. I have never touched a gun before," said Mary Anne Constable of Stroudsburg.
    Instructor Harley Lattig told the students, "This is no different than golf or tennis. The golf clubs or tennis rackets don't do anything unless you do it. The gun won't go bang unless you do it." Lattig has been shooting since age 9 and enjoys teaching new gun users.
    The two-hour session is first held in a classroom where a formal introduction to the gun and ammunition is done. "Safety is paramount," Norm explained.
    Instructor Luann Larussa added, "Get the safety rules in your head."
    Once safety was discussed and questions answered, it was time to head to the range to try out a gun. There is an instructor for each group of two so no one is left alone with a pistol — a situation that made students feel more at ease.

"I wanted to learn how to use a gun properly and I thought that this would be fun and the safest way to do it. I saw the ad in the paper for the class and my husband thought it was a great idea," said Joan Stimson of Stroudsburg.
    Classmate Sue Ardito of Stroudsburg added, "I am here to learn how to shoot a gun because my brother gave me one as a gift. Ironically, the day after I got the gun, I saw the ad in the paper for the class."
    Larussa assisted Ardito in her first round of shots. "It was a little shocking, but easier than what I expected," Ardito said.
    Range master Norm Lattig is a retired police officer. "I failed retirement," he said with a chuckle. "I taught at the police academy and I ran instructor courses. This becomes a part of your life. I enjoy teaching people the correct way to handle a gun."
    After a few rounds fired by each person, the anxiety level in the room dropped significantly.
    Easton resident Amy Boccadoro attended the class wanting to become comfortable with guns.
    "I have never fired a gun before. They kind of scare me," she said. "I feel like if I knew how to do it, I wouldn't be so scared."
    The class eased her fear and she now plans to go shooting again.
    "Guns are no different than anything else. Education is the key," Norm Lattig said.
    The students left with shot-out targets, feeling satisfied and more at ease with firearms. All of them said they plan to revisit the shooting range and practice their new skills.
    Classes are being scheduled for two to three Tuesday nights each month. Every Tuesday, ladies get a 20 percent discount on range time. Pocono Pistol Club is located at 85 N. First St. in Stroudsburg. For more information, call (570) 424-2940.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Cumberland County)

I'm loving the results, but the question posed is ridiculous. Unless mentally unstable or predisposed to criminal behavior, who wouldn't want their friends/relatives/loved ones to learn how to use a gun?

Would you want your wife/girlfriend/mother to learn how to use a gun?

86.3% Yes
    13.7% No
    Total Participants:1565
    September 23, 2008 - September 25, 2008

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I'm loving the results, but the question posed is ridiculous. Unless mentally unstable or predisposed to criminal behavior, who wouldn't want their friends/relatives/loved ones to learn how to use a gun?

Would you want your wife/girlfriend/mother to learn how to use a gun?

86.3% Yes
    13.7% No
    Total Participants:1565
    September 23, 2008 - September 25, 2008
    Plenty of people. Have you ever talked to a true anti-gun person? They have this irrational fear that guns are deadly no matter who is using them. They would probably feel like if their loved one touched one, they would automatically kill themselves with it. That's where that 13.7% no comes from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast