Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Gun stickers on your car...

Good idea? Bad idea?

The way I see it is having a gun sticker on your car is all fine and dandy while you're driving around in it. But if your car is parked (not in the driveway but let's say at the movies or grocery store) and some shady folks see it and know that a big SIG sticker is a gun company they might be persuaded to smash a window look for a gun and bolt. Others might see the sticker and say if I do break In this car and this guy/girl is around I might end up with a few new holes in me.

Anybody else have any thoughts about this?

I've never put anything but an NRA sticker on any Of my vehicles. I've never had a car of mine broken into.
    A friend of mine who is newer to guns has a glock sticker on his bumper and his car has been broken into twice.

We live about 1.4 miles from one another. So our environment is roughly the same. The only big difference I can see is the type of car and the glock sticker.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Gun stickers on your car...

Quote Originally Posted by 300zx_tt View Post
    Good idea? Bad idea?

The way I see it is having a gun sticker on your car is all fine and dandy while you're driving around in it. But if your car is parked (not in the driveway but let's say at the movies or grocery store) and some shady folks see it and know that a big SIG sticker is a gun company they might be persuaded to smash a window look for a gun and bolt. Others might see the sticker and say if I do break In this car and this guy/girl is around I might end up with a few new holes in me.

Anybody else have any thoughts about this?

I've never put anything but an NRA sticker on any Of my vehicles. I've never had a car of mine broken into.
    A friend of mine who is newer to guns has a glock sticker on his bumper and his car has been broken into twice.

We live about 1.4 miles from one another. So our environment is roughly the same. The only big difference I can see is the type of car and the glock sticker.
    As a rule I don't put anything on my car, but my father-in-law has the back of his vehicle all decked out in NRA, pro-2A, and gun magnets. He uses the magnets for the reason you mention: while driving around they're there on proud display, and when he gets to a place where the car might be there awhile he picks them off and throws them in the back.

Seems to work for him.

(Bucks County)

No stickers of any type on my vehicle. I don't feel the need to express myself in that way.

(Lackawanna County)

The three stickers I have on my car...an Obama "O", an NRA membership decal, and a Darwin fish (Jesus fish with feet and the word "Darwin" in it).

I'm an equal opportunity offender. At least one of the three will piss off just about anyone!

In answer to your question, I don't think stickers on windows or bumpers are going to make a vehicle any more or less likely to be broken into. Thieves are not looking at stickers. They are looking for unlocked doors and items of value in plain view inside the vehicle. Locking your doors and keeping anything of value (beyond just guns) out of sight are much more important to preventing theft than worrying about window decals and bumper stickers.

(Chester County)

Bad idea.

I don't put any gun or political stickers on my vehicles. I do have a 3x5" American flag sticker & a Flight 93 Memorial sticker on the rear window of my pickup, and a U. S. Marine license plate on the front bumper. Those alone are probably enough to get my truck vandalized or set some libtard off on a road rage assault.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

I don't do it personally but I guess it all depends on where you live/work. I live in the woods with neighbors I know and I work in a building with armed security patrols(in cars). I have a NRA sticker and my Hillary for Prison 2016 sticker. Nothing else really

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoAmerica View Post
    I don't do it personally but I guess it all depends on where you live/work. I live in the woods with neighbors I know and I work in a building with armed security patrols(in cars). I have a NRA sticker and my Hillary for Prison 2016 sticker. Nothing else really
    The Hillary For Prison sticker will only get you an IRS audit

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    No stickers of any type on my vehicle. I don't feel the need to express myself in that way.
    Yeah,I'm not one for having political or other statements emblazoned on my car.

(Montgomery County)

we_scoop_poop.jpg

Even with an NRA bumper sticker, no one breaks into my truck to steal my shit.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast