Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default lets talk ak's "slr95 or post ban polytech spiker

I am looking to purchase another ak rifle. Local shop has two that interest me and i cant choose which one I want.

The slr95 has the ace internal receiver block and stock installed. "Tang was cut off" The stock is very solid and its a nice rifle.

The polytech is all origional but has the spiker fsb neuture and will need a butt stock. I really like the idea of a spiker.

Does anyone have first hand experience with either rifle?

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: lets talk ak's "slr95 or post ban polytech spiker

Quote Originally Posted by zshaff87 View Post
    I am looking to purchase another ak rifle. Local shop has two that interest me and i cant choose which one I want.

The slr95 has the ace internal receiver block and stock installed. "Tang was cut off" The stock is very solid and its a nice rifle.

The polytech is all origional but has the spiker fsb neuture and will need a butt stock. I really like the idea of a spiker.

Does anyone have first hand experience with either rifle?
    Both are top notch, prices for each would help. I know a place that has the whole bayo setup for the polytech, will run you $250

You should also check to see if the polytech has a slant cut receiver, that decreases the value and limits the stocks you can use.
    Last edited by raxar; May 31st, 2016 at 10:22 PM.

The cut tang on the Arsenal immediately drops its value. I'd go with the Poly and make it a project gun restoring it.

(Armstrong County)

Go with the Poly and turn it back to what it should be.

Slant cuts only exist because they were intended to be under folders until someone smarter than all of us decided barrel shrouds are dangerous.
    So if it's got a neutered spike gas block, it's originally intended to be a double folder. I say buy it, under folding stock parts, folding spiker set and build it right.

(Pike County)

We have on here on consignment. All original Poly Tec with Poly mag. pix239376129.jpg
    JC Blauvelt Gunsmith,Inc. JCBgunsmith.com

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Go with the Poly and turn it back to what it should be.

Slant cuts only exist because they were intended to be under folders until someone smarter than all of us decided barrel shrouds are dangerous.
    So if it's got a neutered spike gas block, it's originally intended to be a double folder. I say buy it, under folding stock parts, folding spiker set and build it right.
    Not true, plenty of standard stocked post bush ban Chinese ak's have slant cut receivers.

(Armstrong County)

That's because the receivers were already made for underfolders. They didn't drill/punch the trunion holes or underfolders hardware holes.
    Why else would a slant cut receiver that matches perfectly to an underfolder reciever dimensionaly with a fixed stock even exist? There is no logic behind making a slant cut receiver on a fixed stock other than to use up pre-made receivers.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    That's because the receivers were already made for underfolders. They didn't drill/punch the trunion holes or underfolders hardware holes.
    Why else would a slant cut receiver that matches perfectly to an underfolder reciever dimensionaly with a fixed stock even exist? There is no logic behind making a slant cut receiver on a fixed stock other than to use up pre-made receivers.
    They did it to prevent you from adding a standard stock, same reason they did it on the Romanian ak's. Have you ever even seen one of the neutered underfolder mak-90's? they still have an obvious stamping for an underfolder stock. Why would they bother to cut it for a folding stock if they were just going to put a standard rear trunion in it?

(Armstrong County)

Yes, i've seen a few of those horrible outcomes of stupidity with gun laws.
    Im pretty sure we are on the same page, just a different paragraph.
    What im saying is Norinco apparently...
    1) Had underfolder MAK 90s in the works for importing when the ban hammer fell. Cheap solution, make the stupid cover plate like you posted and make a new rear trunion for a fixed stock.
    Look at the rivets on the pic you posted and the rivets on a normal fixed stock. The pic you posted is a bastard rear trunion to make it a fixed stock. The rivet pattern is quit different on a square receiver with a fixed stock.

2) Also had stamped sheet metal flats with the underfolder receiver slant cut already layed out in the profile cut but no hardware holes. Again, cheap solution, make fixed stocks out of existing parts and use normal rear trunions for fixed stocks
    (why the flats didnt have the holes punched in the them to begin with i have no idea, but i dont do sheet metal work for Northern China)

(Armstrong County)

I picked up both for a good price.... I dont have a bad thing to say about either gun. Now I need a chinese buttstock and fsb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast