Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Just to point out something

This thread died a quiet death, buried three pages deep now. There were 118 views and only two responses, both by OC advocates, and both positive. Not one other response... hmmmmmmmm.....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Re: Just to point out something

Ok, I really wanted to write something about how CC is stupid and CCers suck and CCers are shifty cuz they are hiding something, but hey that wouldn't have been nice at all! LOL
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Washington County)

The article seemed to be an objective, well written piece.

I didn't see any controversial statements made which would cause a great debate and the three carry methods discussed are not the most popular, so there may not be as many people with the experience to discuss. Those are my thoughts on why there were not more posts.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Very good article covering the not-so popular carry methods.

It sucks I missed this one the first time around. I don't have any experience wth shoulder holsters. I tried an ankle holster one time, but didn't like it too much.

Now SOB carry is something I like alot. I would advoid it during the winter time for the forementioned fear of being paralized, but as far as comfort, and cover I like it alot.

I would carry SOB when I was going somewhere I really didn't want anyone to know I was packing, or for short trips to the store and things. I would use my Clipdraw IWB and it's virtually impossible to see the gun even if you bend over. It's nice if you have a gun with a full grip that would print more on the hip. It takes a little getting used to and you have to watch your back (pun intended) a little more, but for me personally it's tops in the concealment department.

Seems like we don't talk about how to keep guns from printing anymore.

(Allegheny County)

I just missed the post.

I carry primarily on my ankle. I work construction and there is really no other feasible way to do so. I do wear jeans and pulling the pistol rapidly is not as bad as people who don't carry that way imagine. i should time it but it might take an extra second. I figure at least I have a pistol as opposed to locking it in the car for those 8 hours.

I thought about SOB and looked into different style holsters just for this purpose. Comments were made about falling on it and i decided against it.
    Two years ago, I came home from work to 8 inches of snow,got out the snowblower as i do mine and 4 elderly neighbors. I was walking slightly downhill behind the blower and both feet went out from under me. I broke my tailbone which took months to get heal. Had the gun been back there, it would either have cushioned my fall as the Kahr is partially nonmetallic or it could have caused an even more severe injury.

Some of these threads do die prematurely but it is usually related to the title and interest in that title. I pass on many many threads because of this.

It was a good post though.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Monroe County)

My point was two-fold. I thought the original thread was worth a second look, and there has been a great deal of chatter recently from the anti-OC crowd, as well as a few others, that this sub forum is dominated by OC threads and a few hardcore OC'ers. This thread was a great example of stuff that gets posted that has nothing to do with OC, that the people complaining just let die. Maybe it is not about whether or not a thread is OC related. Maybe it is about being an actively contributing poster... Just sayin'

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry