Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default A day of OC'ing!

My girl and I decided to go shopping for a dress for her then to go out for dinner. Stopped in at Dawn of New York, a cool fashion forward kinda thing for the ladies in Brodheadsville. Was inside for a good hour with the lady, her trying on dresses until she found the perfect one. The owner was very nice and helpful and didn't mention my sidearm at all. From there we headed to Pepe's Italian Ristorante in East Stroudsburg. The staff members glanced at my sidearm a few times but made no mention, and were very polite and the service was great and the food as well. Finally, the girlfriend had to stop at walmart to pick up a few items, so I took a deep breath and went into Walmart in East Stroudsburg, OC'ing for the very first time. I don't think anyone even noticed, a few people standing in one aisle took notice of it and were gawking but made no comment. We were in walmart for about 15 minutes total, and without incident. OC'ing was so much more comfortable than anything else. All in all, a great day with my girl and a great day OC'ing without incident.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: A day of OC'ing!

Did the comfort of OCing surpass the uncomfortable situations of it? =P

People will always gawk. People probably don't even know... they probably talk to each other like, "Ooooh look at him. I bet he's some sort of out of uniform cop." =P

(Lebanon County)

jcabin...glad to hear all went well! It's always nice when it's a smooth trip OCing.

StealthBeast....you would not believe me if I told you how many times I have been asked if I was a cop/detective/parole agent etc. As much as I'd love to let people believe it I just can't be out impersonating LEOs so I tell them the truth...just a woman with a firearm on her hip. I think that's part of the reason they assume I must be a LEO though...not as common to actually see a woman carrying. Oh, not saying they don't carry but to SEE them carrying is another thing entirely.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    My girl and I decided to go shopping for a dress for her then to go out for dinner. Stopped in at Dawn of New York, a cool fashion forward kinda thing for the ladies in Brodheadsville. Was inside for a good hour with the lady, her trying on dresses until she found the perfect one. The owner was very nice and helpful and didn't mention my sidearm at all. From there we headed to Pepe's Italian Ristorante in East Stroudsburg. The staff members glanced at my sidearm a few times but made no mention, and were very polite and the service was great and the food as well. Finally, the girlfriend had to stop at walmart to pick up a few items, so I took a deep breath and went into Walmart in East Stroudsburg, OC'ing for the very first time. I don't think anyone even noticed, a few people standing in one aisle took notice of it and were gawking but made no comment. We were in walmart for about 15 minutes total, and without incident. OC'ing was so much more comfortable than anything else. All in all, a great day with my girl and a great day OC'ing without incident.
    I really would have enjoyed running into you. I was in and out of that walmart 10 times yesterday, half OC, half CC. Glad your day went well.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(York County)

Welcome to the dark side.
    3%

(Lebanon County)

Very cool. Now you've done it though. Now you'll want to OC all the time.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Just the way it should be a non event
    Ruger SR1911/SR9/Glock 19

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    I really would have enjoyed running into you. I was in and out of that walmart 10 times yesterday, half OC, half CC. Glad your day went well.
    I as well. I'm sure we'll recognize one another when we bump into eachother in stroudsburg. Not too many folks OC'ing out there.

Thanks everyone!