Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Thinking about joining Delaware county field and stream, thoughts?

I currently only have access to a 10 yard indoor range in philly, so I miss cracking shots at distance with the rifles, and busting the odd clay or two.

Can anyone give me extra info or suggestions? Do they have any strange or restrictive rules (mag limits, drawing from holster, etc)? Is it a pain to find sponsors (anyone wanna sponsor me..?)?

Just curious
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

Default Re: Thinking about joining Delaware county field and stream, thoughts?

Theres quite a few members on this forum. There are a lot of rules. The club was set up, and, is run by, primarily target shooters and hunters. The whole self defense/ tactical modern sporting rifle crowd are kind of second class citizens there. The rules reflect this. There are 5 round mag limits for rifles and handguns including revolvers. No practice drawing handguns from holsters. no carrying pistols in holsters on the premises even with a LTCF. no rapid fire/ double taps. no 3 gun matches. Modern sporting rifles are excluded from a lot of rifle competitions. And they are strict on these rules, safety is the primary word of this club, no ifs, ands, or buts. Any member and every member is responsible for enforcing safety there.
    In their defense this is a club smack dab in the middle of a heavily suburbanized area, and people practicing in an unfamiliar or rushed manner might send a round sailing out of the club. So these rules are in place to keep the insurance low and the club operational. For me the benefits are its 5 minutes from my house.
    Go up there on any given day and go into the club house, there are guys who will sponsor you if you're an NRA member, or go up on any Sunday 12-1pm and go through the orientation, pay attention to the rules or read them online. http://www.dcfsa.org/ Never mind the rules are not posted there.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; March 21st, 2015 at 09:14 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Fuck F&S and Dick's!
    How many times does it need to be pointed out?

Woops wrong thread.

FUCK BIDEN

(Delaware County)

It's where I belong and although it does have all of the rules bigandy....pointed out I believe the positives out way any negatives.

It's definitely a place where you can practice safe firearm handling and disciplines. It's not fast paced so everything you do is deliberate.

I've brought quit a few first time shooters, including my 70 year old mother-in-law and they felt very comfortable.

You should stop by and check it out.

Kobsw

(Delaware County)

They are good for shotgun shooters in that they have trap and skeet along with a table trap range. 100 big bore/small bore range, 50 and intermediate points small bore. There rules are changing up a little bit in that they now have facilitated pistol shooting at 7 yards which they never had in the past. It is basically a bullseye club, no human silhouette targets permitted. Big Andy said the rest.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by shrewd View Post
    I currently only have access to a 10 yard indoor range in philly, so I miss cracking shots at distance with the rifles, and busting the odd clay or two.

Can anyone give me extra info or suggestions? Do they have any strange or restrictive rules (mag limits, drawing from holster, etc)? Is it a pain to find sponsors (anyone wanna sponsor me..?)?

Just curious
    New gun owner here who viewed their website and made my first visit recently on a Saturday. I was able to get the required signatures by talking to members in the café area. People seemed friendly and supportive.

(Montgomery County)

Its an ok place to shoot. They have one of the nicer ranges in the area, if you can handle all the rules, and there are a lot of them. If it wasn't for the archery range I wouldn't have joined. I do shoot some rimfire and pistol if I'm there shooting archery too, but most of the time I'm just shooting guns I drive out to Morgantown to the other club I belong to.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.