Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Unhappy The First 48- TV show. AR trouble

Ive been watching a little bit of "The first 48" on Netflix because I have nothing better to do but a few things that have been quirking me about it. Granted I know it is a TV show but every rifle is a(n) "Assault rifle" and every pistol is a "high powered pistol" or a "high velocity" the one episode of a drug deal gone wrong they found a "...223 shell casing for an assault rifle...."
    (the guy who got shot and killed, owned/ lived in the house. his buddy was sleeping in a back room and when shit went down he grabbed his buddies rifle and fired one round(the 223) and the "bad guys" fled.) The friend turned the "assault rifle" in to the detectives. He pulled it out of a bag to "secure it" and it was a AR "carbon" pistol I guess. A polymer AR pistol with no rail/ quad rail and the topper a second pistol grip near the gas block. and then a wider shot of the stuff showed what looked like a 50- 60 rd mag. but it looked like TWO 30 rounders welded together. Kinda like the 40rd G3 mags.
    I just finding it interesting that they had totally disregarded the fact that it was in a illegal configuration.

I could only find one screen shot from that episode on google. but the link is bad or something.
    I'm finally 21 and almost a real "Adult" according to the Govt

(Clinton County)

Default Re: The First 48- TV show. AR trouble

found a picture. I guess it was a bushmaster. but like I said the one had a second vertical fore grip mounted a little behind the gas block. definitely a ghetto/ city setup. LOL
    I'm finally 21 and almost a real "Adult" according to the Govt

(Philadelphia County)

I watched that show for a while but it was too depressing to see the grieving kids, the stupid reasons that motivated assholes to kill people, and the fact that they sometimes got away with it.

(Chester County)

Great show , I know the episode you speak of with the ghetto AR aka the chopper.

Theres one episode that really bothered me. Theres surveillance footage of a man running clear across a parking lot to engage a man getting out of his car. The guy running pulls a gun when close to the guy getting out of the car and points it at him. Guy getting out of his car pulls his own gun and shoots down the attacker. Now heres the disturbing part .... THEY CHARGED THE GUY GETTING OUT OF HIS CAR WITH MURDER. Even after seeing what was clearly a self defense shooting on video they still charged him.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by clodzilla View Post
    Great show , I know the episode you speak of with the ghetto AR aka the chopper.

Theres one episode that really bothered me. Theres surveillance footage of a man running clear across a parking lot to engage a man getting out of his car. The guy running pulls a gun when close to the guy getting out of the car and points it at him. Guy getting out of his car pulls his own gun and shoots down the attacker. Now heres the disturbing part .... THEY CHARGED THE GUY GETTING OUT OF HIS CAR WITH MURDER. Even after seeing what was clearly a self defense shooting on video they still charged him.
    Based on the facts you've stated, it could still be murder. For example if the guy in the car had the other guy's wife tied up in the trunk.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by clodzilla View Post

Yeah I bet that really bothers you. Perhaps a well written letter to his local chief of police will set things straight..