Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Info for Pocono Pistol Club group shoot

OK, so I stop by the range today and ask about possibly having a shoot there. The following info was obtained:

We can rent the range for 2 hours for $340.00.
    It would need to be done either on a Wednsday, or from 6-8pm on Saturday or Sunday. They are closed Wednsdays and they close at 6 on Sat and Sun, so they would either come in to open it or stay late. It would be the whole place to ourselves, 10 lanes. Anyone wanting to attend, would need to go through their safety brief class for $10.00. Also, this price assumes no novice shooters. If there will be novice shooters, the range will have to pay a RO to be in there with us, so the cost would rise accordingly.

Firearms allowed:
    Any handgun up to and including .44 magnum. (No calibers over .44 mag.)
    Rimfire rifles. (No centerfire rifles.)
    Handgun caliber carbines.

So, if you guys want to do it there, we would need to have at least ten people to make it worth the price. I would suggest going on your own at least to take the safety class, before we go as a group. We could use the classrooms and lounge if we need them.

That's about it.....what do you guys/gals think?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Northampton County)

Thumbs up Re: Info for Pocono Pistol Club group shoot

Sounds interesting to me !
    I live just over the "other side of the mountain" in the Slate Belt, 20 minutes away. All the group shoots I see posted are 2 to 4 hours away, so having one 'in my back yard' would be a great chance to finally meet other members of the forum.
    I saw your post about the 'unlimited shooting time' membership and feel that it's now more likely I'd become a member. I've yet to stop by the range, but now plan a visit Sunday or Monday. As a teacher, my summer vacation would allow me enough range time to make the most of the membership fee, and if I spend just a couple of hours there each week, that brings range time down to just $4 or $5 per hour.
    I'd be willing to attend and would probably bring a son ( or two ) along.

What restrictions do they have on range ammo ?

...............and thanks for the 'recon' mission!

Default Re: Info for Pocono Pistol Club group shoot

I'd be interested.....alternatively, are there any other clubs close by that don't have membership/shooter restrictions? I am in the Slate Belt, too. There seems to be more of us showing up in the area......

I belong to Belfast, but that's $25 a year, then there is East Bangor for $5, but there is very limited room and almost no parking

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    Sounds interesting to me !
    I live just over the "other side of the mountain" in the Slate Belt, 20 minutes away. All the group shoots I see posted are 2 to 4 hours away, so having one 'in my back yard' would be a great chance to finally meet other members of the forum.
    I saw your post about the 'unlimited shooting time' membership and feel that it's now more likely I'd become a member. I've yet to stop by the range, but now plan a visit Sunday or Monday. As a teacher, my summer vacation would allow me enough range time to make the most of the membership fee, and if I spend just a couple of hours there each week, that brings range time down to just $4 or $5 per hour.
    I'd be willing to attend and would probably bring a son ( or two ) along.

What restrictions do they have on range ammo ?

...............and thanks for the 'recon' mission!
    I shoot there, and just talked to the manager. As far as range ammo.. they sell ammo, they allow you to bring your own, and they have now started allowing reloads. You can bring all you need in or buy it there, up to you. You need eye and ear protection, that you can even buy there. I am still a little iffy on the membership prices, but the fact that they had a meeting and the issues were raised and they did something in response, goes a long way toward making me rethink buying one....

And just for the record, I have no idea what else is involved in a "normal" group shoot. This was just getting kicked around in another thread, and I was there so I asked about it. It is a nice place, and if we can get enough interested then I guess we can decide what we do about the money and any other plans.....

(Monroe County)

at a minimum of 10 people, 340 for 2 hours. The going rate is 18 an hour, they'd be cutting us a nice 1 dollar off an hour. Doesn't seem like they're doing us a favor.. You'd think they could give us an actual deal, more like 20 a head for 2 hours with a PAFOA group coming in, you know, giving something to the local gun owner community. Meeting us half way or something. The 2 or 3 guys staying after, they're hourly pay would be covered by 2 people, the rest of our money goes straight to the bank. We could just show up at any random time with a group and not save a dollar. I'm not trying to be a prick, as I've said before in related posts I'd be more than happy to get a group together from the PAFOA, but maybe I just have a little grudge against PPC.

(Monroe County)

Well the deal is for ten lanes, not ten people. If we get twenty, that knocks it down considerably, no? Judging by the response so far, either no one is interested or no one reads this thread.....

(Monroe County)

i live in the area and would be interested in getting togeter either for a shoot at ppc or just to eat dinner. Just not at friendly's in eastburg I hate that place.

PM me if you get something together

(Northampton County)

I don't read in this section but saw your post in the CC/OC section. I would have no problem going as long as I have advanced notice as to when. Wednesdays would be a good day for me.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Northampton County)

I would consider this as well, as all the other group shoots I have seen have been a little ways out ( 2- 4 drive). I'm in Windgap so PPC isn't that far. I usually go out to The Firing Line in Whitehall.

(Monroe County)

I'd be interested assuming enough other people are... price seems pretty expensive considering I can get a membership at Palmerton (great range) for like 15 a year...

I wonder what it would cost to reserve the gamelands range, or if they do that at all...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast