Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Question Hi, need some help

Hi, I'm new to this site and I really need some help. I just bought a new 40 s&w ruger kp944. I live in philadelphia and i want to get my LTCF. Now I have been arrested and charged a couple of times but i have never been convicted of anything, never pled guilty, or had any kind of sentences. All the cases and charges were dropped and dismissed, will this cause me to be denied my LTCF

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Hi, need some help

Quote Originally Posted by RugerFan View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this site and I really need some help. I just bought a new 40 s&w ruger kp944. I live in philadelphia and i want to get my LTCF. Now I have been arrested and charged a couple of times but i have never been convicted of anything, never pled guilty, or had any kind of sentences. All the cases and charges were dropped and dismissed, will this cause me to be denied my LTCF
    This post sounds fishy. If you are for real I am sorry, but this just sounds phoney for some reason.

If you are for real, I am sure your local Sheriff's department can answer your questions on this. Myself, I do not know.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

(Franklin County)

You can't be denied for the arrests themselves if charges were dropped in each case.

However, there is a chance that this pattern will be deemed evidence that your "character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.", which is a legitimate basis for denial. If this happens, you still have the right to file a legal appeal if you wish.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokamak View Post
    This post sounds fishy. If you are for real I am sorry, but this just sounds phoney for some reason.

If you are for real, I am sure your local Sheriff's department can answer your questions on this. Myself, I do not know.

In Philadelphia the Sheriff doesn't issue the LTCF, the Philadelphia Police Gun Permits & Tracking Unit does, Philadelphia is the only county in PA that does not use the Sheriff to issue the LTCF.

As for the original poster's question, I can't help ya.

Bill

(Philadelphia County)

The majority were for fighting cause i was protecting my family and the rest happened because someone use my idenity and i had to go to court. But as I said all charges were dropped and the cases closed

(Jefferson County)

Its possible that the arrests will flag you in the PICS/NICS call during the background check. Especially if the arrests are for prohibiting offenses. You can appeal a denial, you'd just have to prove then you weren't convicted during the appeal.

Arrests will stay on your record unless expunged, on state and federal levels.

If the "system" sees one, it will probably roll to an operator. If the operator doesn't thoroughly examine the outcome - chances are good a denial will be issued.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

And, If you do not have any advise or info pertaining to my question then I see no reason for anyone to post a comment. No disrespect, I just don't want my thread to go off topic

(Philadelphia County)

Is the PICS/NICS backround check the same check that they do when you buy a firearm. If so, I already bought one

(Franklin County)

Yes, it is.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by RugerFan View Post
    Is the PICS/NICS backround check the same check that they do when you buy a firearm. If so, I already bought one
    Its the same call. The Sheriff/Chief of Police(in Philly) can use all resources into investigating your past too. Local paper records(rap sheet) is one example..

If you passed for a purchase - chances are good then you'll pass for an LTCF.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast