Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Took a Commando Krav Maga class!

So I finally went to a CKM class this Saturday! It was intense. First we did a boot camp style workout that kicked my ass. Then we went through different scenarios involving chokes and punches. After that the instructor pulled out plastic training guns and we practiced gun take aways! He even had a fake shotgun that was weighed as much as a real shotgun was.. The whole class was just really awesome. It was not like a martial arts class, there are no uniforms or bowing. Now its Monday and I am still hyped up from the class.. My muscles are a bit sore as well. Nothing a few beers cant fix later today...

I am still in disbelief that I found classes like this the Lehigh Valley.

Default Re: Took a Commando Krav Maga class!

I have wanted to try Krav Maga for a long time. I studied judo and kung fu for several years, but that was a long time ago. Do you think Krav Maga is too strenuous for a fit, but slightly over 50 person?

Auggie

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Major Auggie View Post
    I have wanted to try Krav Maga for a long time. I studied judo and kung fu for several years, but that was a long time ago. Do you think Krav Maga is too strenuous for a fit, but slightly over 50 person?

Auggie
    I think you would be fine. Your not forced to do any of the exercises. You can go at your own pace, but they do emphasize that you should be pushing yourself to always do your best. As far as the self defense tactics go, they are designed to be performed by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Auggie View Post

Auggie
    Auggie, you should be just fine. I took Krav Maga for 18 months, it's a nice system that can be effective. I have studied various traditional martial arts since I was a small boy, and I enjoyed Krav Maga, although it is not my personal style, it is closer to my personal style than most traditional arts though. If you are used to traditional arts like Judo and Kung Fu, you will probably be a bit annoyed by some of the lack of self discipline of some of the students, and will feel a bit odd because it's not structured quite the same way. It is a very neat and effective style though, and you should be fine. The first workouts are hard for everyone, I was 20 and in great shape when i first started Krav and it made me sore also. Not any worse than doing ukime the first few workouts, lol. You'll be fine and check it out.

(Northampton County)

Who was your instructor? Commando Krav Maga is not true Krav Maga, rather it is created by a fruad and lier named Moni Izach.
    A few of the early CKM moves are good so that you get hooked. But do you really think someone can be a certified instructor in a day or two of training when no experiance is required?I gave up when my instructor told me that Moni Izch killed someone with his hands in NYC and that I cant tell anyone He wanted to impress me and failed.

Here is some info
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=66810&page=1