Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default I have now officially been harassed by the PSP

My wife gets a call that her brother has had a car accident. We jump in the car to go get him and his two passengers, as his vehicle is un-drivable. We arrive and park about 50 feet behind him on the side of the road. A few seconds after we arrive, a Trooper pulls in behind us. I hail him, as he gets out of his vehicle, and informed him that we were there to get one of the people involved. He asked if we were involved and I said no, so he asked us to stay in our vehicle. After it was all sorted out and we were waiting for the tow truck, the Trooper came over and pulled my BIL to the back of the car to tell him he was being cited. After a minute or so, the Trooper come to the driver side and knocks. He asks me to come to the back of the vehicle. Once there, he starts yelling at my BIL that his english has been just fine and now all of the sudden he doesn't "Hablo", and that he isn't taking any of his shit. My BIL, whose english is not bad, tries to explain that he wanted to say something to him, but didn't know the proper words, and hoped I would be able to translate, if he made a mistake. The Trooper just rode over him, yelling each point and asking if he understood. I excused myself and calmly explained that my BIL wasn't jerking the Trooper off, that he just wanted to be sure the Trooper understood him. After a few more words, the Trooper says have a nice day, and waves the tow truck over to the car, as it had just arrived. He gets back in his vehicle. I turn to my BIL and tell him to go to the tow truck to figure out what was going on with his car, and as I turned, my holster must have shown. I start to turn back, and see the Trooper glare at me, and grab his door handle. I think to myself, "Oh boy, here we go..".
    The Trooper opens his door, stands up, grabs the butt of his weapon, and yells," YOU, PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD AND TURN AROUND, NOW!".

I yell back over my shoulder as I interlace my fingers and turn, complying with his order,"If this is about my weapon, I am licensed.". In a nutshell, he grabs my hands, goes under my shirt and grabs my pistol out of the holster, telling me he doesn't like surprises. He makes me give him my LTCF and DL, asks me some questions and takes my weapon and ID back to his vehicle, telling me to stay there. He runs my stuff, comes back about a few minutes later, hands me my empty weapon, my empty magazine, my licenses, and dumps all my loose cartridges in my hand. I tell him I am not happy that he removed my weapon, or emptied my magazine, for no reason and that asking for my LTCF should have been enough for him. He tells me that he did so for his protection and that he had to run my weapon to see if it was stolen. I told him that I wanted to be clear that I wasn't arguing with him, but that there was no reason to take my weapon, or run my serial number. He tells me that I can feel however I want but that's the law. I ask him for his card, and he says they don't give out cards. He turns, tells me to stay safe and leaves, as I tell him to have a nice day. My wife and BIL took his plate number, and I think I wrote his name down correctly, but I need to investigate a bit, because I was so pissed, I was shaking when I wrote it down. I am going to pursue every option I have available to see this doesn't happen again....
    Last edited by headcase; May 27th, 2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: TMI

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: I have now officially been harassed by the PSP

Yeah, I'm sure ALOT of people OC stolen guns in front of cops.

(Monroe County)

That's one of the bitches...I had it covered at the time.....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Take him to the cleaners!!!!!!!!!!
    Completely UNCALLED FOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Lancaster County)

I'm really starting to think that the "word" has come down from fast eddie to harass gun owners at all cost.

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    I'm really starting to think that the "word" has come down from fast eddie to harass gun owners at all cost.

That would be VERY BAD FOR HIM Lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure ALOT of people OC stolen guns in front of cops.
    Yep. I just ordered an OWB holster for the Glock I stole last week. Should arrive in the next day or so!

Good luck Headcase.

From what you said there was no call for you to be treated the way you were.
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Jefferson County)

Wow.. thats f'd up for sure. Sorry to hear you had a bad situation like that.

Why cant things like that happen to me? I enjoy 'schooling folks. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

This seems to be a rising trend. I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit. Seems that this always happens to the good guys - while the bad guys get away with murder. Literally.

Stay safe.

(Franklin County)

I'd be burning. To be honest no matter how pissed he was I would have repeatedly said I do not concent to search of my person or seizure of my property with out RAS or probable cause. What he did violated your rights, he had NO reason what so ever to ID you, or run your serial number. He is violating PA code 6111. Go google it if your not sure what it is. You were doing nothing illegal. If you have his name and plate number contact his supervisor, or better yet get in touch with Pa. Patriot. This is pretty close to the same thing that happened to him. He can tell you what steps to take better then I can. I hate the fact that just because police think they can yell they can get what they want.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast