Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Almost had to shoot 2 would be assailants...

My neighbor across the street’s kids are in their mid 20’s and have all night parties every time the parents go away for the weekend. The friends are always in trouble and have been arrested for burglaries and such.

Well, 3 weeks in a row the little a-holes wake me up at 2:30 screaming and playing loud music in the driveway. I usually yell out the window to have a little respect and let everyone else get some sleep. If they don’t stop I call security. It usually takes our security department 20 min or so to respond and another 20 min or so to break it up.

This time two of the drunken bastards threaten to come over and shoot me…

Well, this doesn’t sit too kindly with me! So get my carbine, open the front door and wait. These 2 idiots start across the street and onto my driveway. When I turn on the laser and red dot them about 50’ from the door, you never saw anyone run so fast, get in their cars and take off like their asses were on fire.

Security passes by about 5 min later and leave. Another 10 min later these 2 guys pull up across the street, get out and run up to the neighbor’s house and break the door in. Finally, security shows back up and breaks it up.

Security has spoken to the parents and they do nothing about it except tell them to ticket them. Even after I tell the mother what happened, they really don’t realize how close to a SHTF scenario it came to.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(York County)

Default Re: Almost had to shoot 2 would be assailants...

Why didn't you call the LEO's?
    As soon as you pointed your rifle at them, you could have got yourself in a hell of a jam...even something that could result in jail time and the loss of your rights.

(Monroe County)

Do the police not respond there? I would call them and bypass the half cops. It would be interesting to see what the law allows concerning being threatened and then having the issuer actually advance onto your property like he intends to carry out the threat.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Chester County)

That would have been a bad shoot IMHO... The second that you opened the door instead of keeping it locked you became the aggressor and unfortunately we don't have a castle doctrine yet..
    Last edited by SteveXD; May 12th, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

(Chester County)

You could get into a world of trouble for pointing the carbine at them. I'm gonna guess thought that because these kids have had troubles with the law in the past they likely won't tell the police.

BUT.... Make sure your guns are securely locked away in a safe when you're not home. You may have just given them reason to break into your home and try to take your guns.

Just thinking out loud so to speak....
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Pike County)

The security dispatcher did call PSP, who showed up the next day to investigate a domestic dispute. Normally, it takes PSP 2 hours or so to show up.

I believe if someone makes a threat like that and advances onto your property, one has to assume they are capable to carry out the threat. As I could not see what was in their hands, I have to assume the worst. I have every right to defend myself in such a situation. Wouldn’t you?

I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Wayne County)

CharlieB

you say you called "secutity." Are you in a private community of the kind that LEOs generally don't enter?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by sgser View Post
    CharlieB

you say you called "secutity." Are you in a private community of the kind that LEOs generally don't enter?
    PSP does respond, but they usually call our security dept. as first responders because they can take a while to get there.

(Luzerne County)

Sounds like the neighbor kids wrote a check they couldn't cash due to insufficient funds.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Sounds like the neighbor kids wrote a check they couldn't cash due to insufficient funds.
    You bet…

I assumed, based on their word and action, that they were out to do what they said they would. I take people at their word. I would not have fired until they prevented a weapon, but I let them know I was prepared to defend myself.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast