Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northumberland County)

Default PSP - Record # of DUI's in '07.

Posted under fair use.

http://www.kyw1060.com/Penna--State-...-DUI-i/2138686

Posted: Tuesday, 06 May 2008 10:06PM

Penna. State Police Arrest Record Number for DUI in '07

by KYW's Tony Romeo

Pennsylvania state police say they made a record number of DUI arrests last year.

In 2007, 15,583 DUI arrests were made last year, an increase of about three percent over 2006.

The 15,067 DUI arrests in 2006 was the previous record.

But Lt. Steven Junkin thinks it’s not necessarily an indication that more people are drinking and driving; rather, he says, it's better enforcement:

“Being, I guess, smarter in the way we do it. We’re specifically targeting areas known to have high DUI crashes.”

In fact, while the 4,775 alcohol-related crashes investigated by state police in 2007 represent a one percent increase over the previous year, PennDOT says the number of alcohol-related fatal crashes investigated by state and local police declined -- from 544 in 2006, to 525 last year.

We should ban alcohol! err... wait... uhm...

The way I understand it, that this article only cover's PSP's arrests. Makes you wonder how many DUI arrests in the whole Commonwealth for the year.

So, I am thinking an argument for Anti's would fall along the same lines. Alcohol is great, fine and wonderful... if used in moderation (properly). We, as a country, tried prohibition and it was repealed. Gangsters and rum runners made a TON of money during prohibition dealing in illegal markets. Why do they think it will be any different if all firearms were made illegal?
    Firearms are great, fine and wonderful as well, if used properly and not to murder people.
    Last edited by mikepro8; May 7th, 2008 at 02:33 PM.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?