Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default I OCed and nothing happened...

...but I am posting anyway.

I know some don't want to here about my non event but to me it was a big event. I would like to share it with like minded people who can understand what I may have felt, who care about our rights, for those that helped educate us and want to know they had an impact and to just maybe help someone else feel secure about thier choices. I thought that this was the place for that. Hearing from people like headcase about the non events and others, helped me to understand just how import my rights are and how it is ok to exercise them. Not just that something did or did not happen but listening to their attitudes and opinions on carrying is extremely supportive to our rights.

Now, I do not have an Open Carry only belief but it was warm today and I felt I was not going to wear a jacket and sweat just to cover up my rights. I do not like the sidearm to touch my skin and I do not wear undershirts. I have a super tuck but I really do not like it, I am very uncomfortable trying these concealment techniques and am tired of being shammed into conforming to some socially engineered citizen. I went to the new shop in Wind Gap and got some very reasonably priced ammo. Mark was very friendly and helpful, I will be a regular there. I later went to Mr. Z's (Bangor) to shop for our Party this weekend. So, did anyone notice, probably but I really did not care about who was eyeballing my sidearm. I knew who was around me but could not be bothered with surveying who noticed, it was not very crowded anyway. I would have gladly offered some education but no one asked.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: I OCed and nothing happened...

I, for one, am happy to read your report.
    Folks have been brainwashed for years into believing that the moment their firearm <gasp> becomes visible that the "sheeple" will freak out, stampede to the police station and have you committed. etc, etc.

Good for you though, seriously. You've just had your first experience of many that you will undoubtedly find in the end that OC days are just as boring as CC days... Just much more comfortable

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by jofreder View Post

I know some don't want to here about my non event but to me it was a big event. I would like to share it with like minded people who can understand what I may have felt, who care about our rights, for those that helped educate us and want to know they had an impact and to just maybe help someone else feel secure about thier choices. I thought that this was the place for that. Hearing from people like headcase about the non events and others, helped me to understand just how import my rights are and how it is ok to exercise them. Not just that something did or did not happen but listening to their attitudes and opinions on carrying is extremely supportive to our rights.

Now, I do not have an Open Carry only belief but it was warm today and I felt I was not going to wear a jacket and sweat just to cover up my rights. I do not like the sidearm to touch my skin and I do not wear undershirts. I have a super tuck but I really do not like it, I am very uncomfortable trying these concealment techniques and am tired of being shammed into conforming to some socially engineered citizen. I went to the new shop in Wind Gap and got some very reasonably priced ammo. Mark was very friendly and helpful, I will be a regular there. I later went to Mr. Z's (Bangor) to shop for our Party this weekend. So, did anyone notice, probably but I really did not care about who was eyeballing my sidearm. I knew who was around me but could not be bothered with surveying who noticed, it was not very crowded anyway. I would have gladly offered some education but no one asked.

Thanks for posting. I too am about to start OC. Have CC'd for years, but it is time to exercise our RIGHTS and stop being uncomfortable. OC is definitely more comfortable (in my opinion!).
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jofreder View Post

Good for you jofreder That's a good attitude to have. OC is a normal activity for an increasing number of people. Not many people care or notice. I am glad that something I did had some small part in your decision. Makes it all the more worthwhile. Good report

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Dauphin County)

good for ya man, the more i do it the more i like it, and the more i notice "most" people (sheep) dont even have a clue i have one on

(Lackawanna County)

Good Post jofreder. I'm happy to hear about your experience.

Now is a good time to shop around for a good OWB holster!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Northampton County)

If I see someone OCing in Mr.Zs,I'll say hello. I'm suprised no one in Zs said anything. That's good though.

Have you ever been to the Blue Valley Diner on 512 across from the day care center?? The local LEOs eat there espicially at night. I wonder what their reaction would be?? There's a Washington twp. cop I talk to in the restaurant. I'll ask him if he knows OC is legal.

The closest I've come to OC is taking my jacket off with a piece on my hip in the Chestnut Hill Diner in Brodheadsville. But I did sit with the gun to the wall.

When it comes to OC I'm a sissy. I usually carry a S&W 340pd...a small,very light(12 oz) alloy revolver. Maybe I keep covered because I have a small gun.

(Northampton County)

I have been there once, not while OCing. I live in Washington Twp. so that would be interesting to know what my LEOs think.

Yeah, we are so intimidated by our government that we become scared to do something that is perfectly legal and acceptable. We can argue tactics but the scope of my discussion is about our freedoms as American citizens and our rights granted to us by many great people that help this country become America. Our Government is becoming more oppressive and most people do not even realize how our rights as parents are slowly being removed, our choices and decisions as citizens are being made for us and the truth no longer exists in main stream media. I stepped out of my car, sure a little nervous about it but, my nervousness was for fear of the government and that is bad. For the first time I had a sense of freedom from this gloomy outlook as I was participating in a better America, making my own choice, being responsible for me and dependent on no one. Being involved with this site is helping me to understand that I need to be more aware of my rights, dig deep for information and speak out to protect them, all of them.

I think the most important aspect of this post is that you are having a party and did not invite us.

Seriously, good job on the OC, and I hope you have many more boring events - not the party of course, even though we won't be there - the OC stuff.