Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default How did we get to this point?

I stopped in at Wal-Mart tonight and they had a few boxes of .45. I really only wanted to get some more .22, but when I saw they had no .22 and 4 boxes of Federal .45, I bought my allotment. Someone will be happy to get the last box.

But my real question is, how is it that when I now stumble across a few brass cased boxes of .45, for a reasonable price, I'm overjoyed and feel like a king?

And I'm not even hoarding. I was down to my last 250 rds of Remington UMC and one box of PMP brass. 300 rounds will not cut it for the summer! Even the extra 150 I picked up tonight won't cut it, but it's at least more than I had.

Just nuts out there, absolutely nuts!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: How did we get to this point?

We got to this point because many gun owners do not consider the second amendment when voting. It is easy to blame the left with the infestation of corrupt hacks in our congress and white house, but the sad truth is, that many gun owners helped give leadership positions to the very people that are now giving cause for the current hysteria.

Like yourself, many shooters are fearful of not having enough ammo to supply their shooting activities over the summer. If the current ammo situation continues, the prices will rise and the supplies will even get thinner as the hoarding will probably increase. A vicious cycle, that in the end, will discourage people from going to the range as often as they would like and worst yet, discourage new people from getting involved in the shooting sports.