Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Looking for some insight.

I was looking for some insight and I am hoping everyone on here can help. I am currently deployed to Kuwait, and I have a few guns that would be illegal under the AWB. I am just wondering what would happen if the bill was to pass and I had to register them with the ATF? Would I be violating the law because I physically am not able to register them. Or would I have to have a family member turn them in. Or possibly a third option which I am not going to say? What would you guys do if you were in my shoes (or boots for that matter)?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Looking for some insight.

Frst off, Thank You for your service. I hope tyher New Year brings you and all our troops a healthy , happy, and prosperous New Year.
    vNow, to your question, I would assume you would have a 'window' of time to get things taken care of upon your return. If that doesn't happen, I am positive one of our brother veterans would be more than happy to give you an 'assist' in keeping you out of trouble. What they cannot see, they cannot confiscate.
    NO, I DID NOT SUGGEST SOMETHING ILLEGAL. SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR HAND OFF THE BAN HAMMER. I was merely helping ease a brother's mind.

(Beaver County)

I second the thanks for your service,be safe.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Hokkmike Guest

The irony. To think that a person such as you who fights in defense of our rights and liberty has to worry about having his legs cut down from under him at home while he is serving abroad is unconscionable. First, let us not assume any inevitability. Yet, I understand the wisdom in forethought. I know they sound contradictory but I want to encourage people not to give up the good fight.

If it comes to the scenario you described, and I surely hope it doesn't, I would trust the deed to a family member or closest trusted friend. I am sure that some generous provision will be made for persons such as yourself.

Problem is, if they can do this with semi automatic rifles, then next on the list will be semi auto handguns, semi auto shotguns, high volume pump action shotguns, etc., and etc.

We must resist these efforts by every legal means possible.

(Montgomery County)

There is no damn AWB or any other such nonsense. If there were a law infringing upon your natural rights, you could choose to abide by it or not. Currently, my TARDIS is in the shop and I cannot see the future. However, I will say it again... there is no AWB now and you should fight for one not to take effect.

Stop all of the defeatist bullshit. My attitude is that I will not bend over and allow my rights to be violated and neither should you. Once you give up, you have already lost. If you resist, you have a chance to win. Your choice.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    The irony. To think that a person such as you who fights in defense of our rights and liberty has to worry about having his legs cut down from under him at home while he is serving abroad is unconscionable...
    I'm sure the OP has the best of intentions, but there's no irony here. The military has not fought for freedom or liberty since the Revolution. Certainly not in the past 60 years. The military serves at this time only to enhance the might and power of Washington, DC, so it's perfectly natural that it goes hand in hand with the destruction of our rights.

Sooner or later you'll see them deployed on US soil, in fact. But you may not realize it, because all you'll see is a police force increasingly staffed with veterans and equipped with M16s, drones, tanks, etc. They don't actually need to deploy infantry in the US to accomplish it.

On topic, OP, none of us really know what to expect from an AWB. There's probably one coming; we're pretty well agreed on that. They might grandfather our guns, in which case you're OK. They might require registration, in which case I would expect them to make NO allowances for your deployed status: they don't give a flying fuck about you. You'll need to do the paperwork with help from family and friends. You'll probably be OK, because you probably won't have to file in person. It's vanishingly unlikely that there will be outright confiscation at this time.

So my best educated guess is that you're fine. You'll be massively inconvenienced, but with a little help from your friends you'll be OK.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    There is no damn AWB or any other such nonsense. If there were a law infringing upon your natural rights, you could choose to abide by it or not...
    Advocating law-breaking is against forum rules, though. Since MY TARDIS is also in the shop, I don't know whether forum rules will change any after, e.g., full confiscation is signed into law. However, if that happens, advocating resistance here or anywhere else on the Internet is about the same as emailing the police directly and asking to be hooked up.

(Lycoming County)

OK thanks for the help guys. I have a very like minded friend that I am sure would be willing to help. It just scares me because there is not a lot I can do from this far away. I have written and emailed my reps but that is the best that I can do. I would love to call but the time difference and work schedule will not allow it. I am kind of riding the wave and waiting. But please, keep the suggestions coming.

Steve, I do not appreciate your attitude in my thread. If you want to be like that go somewhere else. I was looking for the responsible things to do in a given situation that could very well happen. Please don't muck up my thread for your emotional high.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-12 View Post
    Advocating law-breaking is against forum rules, though. Since MY TARDIS is also in the shop, I don't know whether forum rules will change any after, e.g., full confiscation is signed into law. However, if that happens, advocating resistance here or anywhere else on the Internet is about the same as emailing the police directly and asking to be hooked up.
    Are you serious? Either you read what you thought I wrote and/or you have serious difficulties with the English language. However, the spirit of your post is most disturbing as it is clear you are an obedient product of the public school system.

The above is the exact mindset that people fall into to become excellent subjects. Note how the author of the above thought he saw what amounts to a "thought crime" and felt compelled to announce it to the world. These are the same people who turn in their neighbor for speaking against the Kremlin.

The next and most offensive aspect of this mindset is the complete subjugation of the individual to the state. In our system, the state is to be subject to the people. This is what the goal was by the statists since the discovery of Governance.

Understand what has been used to control individuals, as it has been very effective.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vermillionx View Post

Steve, I do not appreciate your attitude in my thread. If you want to be like that go somewhere else. I was looking for the responsible things to do in a given situation that could very well happen. Please don't muck up my thread for your emotional high.
    You were looking for suggestions on what to do when a not yet in existence law gets passed and for that you wish to be responsible. While you are at it there are a vast number of other theoretical questions that can be asked. What wisdom can be sought asking advice on something that does not exist?

You may be the original poster, yet this thread is not your property.

The responsible thing to do is to find ways you can prevent a tyrannical encroachment upon your natural rights. However, it is clear that what is really sought here is a way to accept defeat and obey. My point is that you appear to have already given up, which means you hav decided to lose. Many others, including myself have not and we have good cause not to be resigned to defeat.

The Supreme Court of the United States has recognized the right of the people to keep and bear arms as an individual right. That is the major change since the ill conceived 1994 ban that maqny of us remember. The Constitution is above any law written in this country, as long as it is known and fought for. These limited freedoms we have left will not continue when the subjects of this country accept a defeatist attitude and resign themselves to defeat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast