Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Spent the evening OC'ing

Went to pick up my brother from Wal-mart, walked in wearing my jeans and an A-shirt with my .40 at 4 o'clock on my belt. Said hello to the greeter, picked up my brother(who stands next to the greeter and waits for me), and off we went. Next stop was the pizza place to order dinner. While waiting for that to be ready, I went to shoprite and picked up some water and bread. Back to the pizza shop, picked up the food and started home. Stopped for gas and smokes at Shell. I filled up on the outside lane and helped the nice older lady next to me get her pump going. Waited on line to get my smokes, chit chatted with the guy in front of me about Spitzer, got my smokes and headed home. At home I had a meeting with my brother's social and case workers for about an hour. Not a stray glance or cleared throat all evening

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Spent the evening OC'ing

In East Stroudsburg? With all the Jersey soccer moms???
    What are you NUTZ?!?

(Monroe County)

LOL,that's why I wear my good anti-perspirent when I OC here

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Lackawanna County)

Good Goin' Headcase!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    In East Stroudsburg? With all the Jersey soccer moms???
    What are you NUTZ?!?

Funny you mention that... I've recently started open carrying... Greg has kind of got me in to it a bit. Well one day after work I decided to head down to Long John Silver’s because I had a mad craving for some of their fish and cole slaw. Well I was getting out of my car, and because it was a nice day I didn't have a jacket on. Next thing I know a cop car from out of the area pulled up two spots next to mine. I got a quick read of it and it said Wayne, NJ. I was thinking to myself, this should be interesting… The 3 officers and a civilian proceeded to get out of the car and make their way to the door. The one officer was oblivious to the fact I was carrying, noticed me and in a real thick Jersey accent asked me if I knew were Triple Nickel Auto Parts was. After I gave them directions I asked them what brings them all the way to PA. He told me they needed a part for a truck in their department and it was easier and cheaper to drive out then to have it shipped over. He did a quick look at my Glock, had a wary look on his face then proceeded into the restaurant. I was thinking to myself “We’re in Pennsylvania bub, keep movin”.
    In the restaurant they sat across from me at an angle I guess so they could keep an “eye” on me. You could feel the tension in the air… it was rather amusing. I finished my meal, got up walked past them and said “Good luck with your truck parts, have a good day guys”. They were kind back. I could tell they've never dealt with that situation before.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Went to pick up my brother from Wal-mart, walked in wearing my jeans and an A-shirt with my .40 at 4 o'clock on my belt. Said hello to the greeter, picked up my brother(who stands next to the greeter and waits for me), and off we went. Next stop was the pizza place to order dinner. While waiting for that to be ready, I went to shoprite and picked up some water and bread. Back to the pizza shop, picked up the food and started home. Stopped for gas and smokes at Shell. I filled up on the outside lane and helped the nice older lady next to me get her pump going. Waited on line to get my smokes, chit chatted with the guy in front of me about Spitzer, got my smokes and headed home. At home I had a meeting with my brother's social and case workers for about an hour. Not a stray glance or cleared throat all evening

I hope you also have your LTCF... because open carry in the car is a NO NO...

you may do so if you have a LTCF...

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I was thinking to myself “We’re in Pennsylvania bub, keep movin”.
    My job is a hobby for most people, and I am a fairly well known teacher. I get students coming to me from all over the US and Canada. Last year I had to New York State Police officers for students. We were discussing gun ownership and carry, and I asked if they wanted to see my XD-45. The one guy just about flipped out when he discovered it was in my truck! I assured him that it was locked up against unauthorized access. You see, they had been riding in my truck with me! Imagine that, two staties in my little ole truck and a GUN too!

ETA: Pro2A, I forgot to ask - were the Joisey cops carrying? You could have asked them if they had a permit!
    Last edited by PennsyPlinker; March 14th, 2008 at 09:40 AM.

Headcase, where in Eastburg is the Walmart? I used to hang out down that way (grew up in Tobyhanna), but we are talking 30 years ago. There was no such thing as a Walmart. Heck, we got all excited when McDonald's came to town for the first time. Now it was only 20 miles for fast food!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    ETA: Pro2A, I forgot to ask - were the Joisey cops carrying? You could have asked them if they had a permit!
    Oh ya, they were in full uniform. Guns and all.

(Allegheny County)

The important thing is that Wal-Mart was somehow involved.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast