Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Worst dangerous Shooting experience

Not to outdo misery's interesting question....What bad shooting experience has one had where good fortune saved what could of been a tragedy, or maybe not.
    My situation was many years ago shooting a very heavy barrel colt official police with 6" barrel. I was new into reloading and one shell past me by without being charged. Squib load. I was rapid firing when I felt a terrible recoil unlike any other from a 38 spl. I did sense the slight sound report from such a load, but could not react fast enough to stop another quick pull of the trigger. The result, through good fortune, was a bulge in the thick skinned old colt barrel, instead of a burst barrel. Needless to say, in future reloading sessions, I always made triple sure that the case was charged. This is a true story, but many I have relayed this to remained silent, as if not to believe me. Many would just relay another story about seeing a burst barrel as a result of such an experience.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Worst dangerous Shooting experience

I went pheasant hunting with Dick Cheney once
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: Worst dangerous Shooting experience

my favorite or scariest depends on how you look at it. me running the timer next to and slightly behind the shooter. the timer beeps and shooter starts shooting, shoots all six rounds a revolver you know s&w mod 19 4". not one target hit, wth i know this guy and his abilities and he rarely misses. here we got looking and i know there will be doubters but all six bullets stuck in barrel. the first round fired was protruding from the end of the barrel by a 1/4". took a half an hour with a rod and bfh to push out those damn bullets. so you all know it was a indoor shoot in carlisle with lead swc and what should have been light loads. thank goodness they were all real light loads. needless to say do not shoot other peoples reloads. btw the gun was fine and is still in use to this day.

(Montgomery County)

do we really want to spew a bunch stupid dangerous stories here out in the open so some dipshit reporter or politician can copy to a newspaper or political report.

and yeah, I've sen it happen, and had MY posts copied by that c*nt Feinstein for her 50cal report.. so THINK first.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    do we really want to spew a bunch stupid dangerous stories here out in the open so some dipshit reporter or politician can copy to a newspaper or political report.

and yeah, I've sen it happen, and had MY posts copied by that c*nt Feinstein for her 50cal report.. so THINK first.
    I just threw the question out. Think? Anything, including the most boring and innocent thing written, can and will be used by the anti-gun zealots that twist the truth on any account. The enemies of the second amendment do not need the musings of PAFOA to further their twisted agenda. The newspaper accounts of criminal and negligent use of firearms serves their means quite well.

(Clarion County)

I was doing basic training in Fort Dix NJ. I went to Trenton on a week end pass.
    I had a good time , went to the Harley shop there and drooled.Met some sweet little thing and spent the night , I thought. I'm there 15 minutes , two guys come in the guns drawn . I almost died that night over $50 . The one bastard was going to shoot me because I didn't have enough money worth his time .

The other guy said don't he's military , they won't quit plus the people that saw me at the bar leave with her.

I was 19 and very stupid , didn't know how the world was , I came from a small
    town and learned hard and fast.

Worst dangerous ? I had no way to do anything.I was at the mercy of some heartless thug !

(Dauphin County)

Many years ago, deer hunting with a friend, his son and son's friend. We were walking to a spot, and stopped to take a break. Sitting in a semi-circle on some downed trees, next thing I know, a 12 ga. slug is plowing into the ground about two feet from my feet. The son's friend was sitting there twiddling with the trigger with the safety off, and came darn close to killing me that day.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Monroe County)

I work at Sunset Hill. I win. End of thread.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Washington County)

When I was a kid and new hunter I walked around in the woods for part of a day with my Marlin 30-30 cocked and slung on my shoulder.

I can still remember my embarrassment and relief after discovering my mistake.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    I work at Sunset Hill. I win. End of thread.
    The very reason I stopped working there!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast