Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMSC Rules!

Default PMSC Rules!

I recently asked a question to the people of PMSC about Active military members. This all happened when at Christmas Tyler (my Stepson) bought a .45 GI to shoot, its his first gun ever. Well, I was working a lot, and only managed to go enjoy once cigar with him while we broke in his .45 He just turned 21 and was so proud!

He did not feel good about going to a game lands range, (mostly did not want to go alone) and his mother and I both worked just about every day he was here. SO he ended up shooting just once in the 2 weeks he was here.

I sent off this letter by recommendation of the Webmaster at PMSC’s to the Club President.
    What is the membership fee for Active Military? Ty (Tyler my Stepson) was dying to go shooting, and because of my time restraints he only went once in the 2 weeks he was here.

Maybe if he was a member some place he would have gone more, but as he is here about 4 weeks a year, (active still 18 months) a full membership would actually be about 4 weeks worth in leave in the next year and a half.

I know some ranges have a free if sponsored by member status for active military, (basically an add-on cost to the member like the spouse is)

Just wondering as He really loves to shoot, but did not trust game lands and had no where to go.

The Site admin on the web page Ed Stephan mentioned I should ask you about it. Thanks

AKA Frenchy
    Robert Bernier

Here is the reply.

Bob,

The Club will pick up the yearly membership dues as long as your son is active duty. Sign him up now and let me know when you have done so. My prayers will be with him along with our other troops.

Thanks,
    -Ron Bachy
    President, PMSC
    If you live in the Allegheny area, and where thinking of joining a club, this is the one reason you should right there! These people care!

http://www.pmsconline.com/ +100 in my books
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PMSC Rules!

+100 more for PMSC! That is a great gesture on their part!

I thought about joining, but It is almost an hour one way for me to get there.

(Allegheny County)

This is just another thing that makes me proud to have joined PMSC.
    No signature required.

(Allegheny County)

That's great news Frenchy! Ron is a real stand-up guy.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    +100 more for PMSC! That is a great gesture on their part!

I thought about joining, but It is almost an hour one way for me to get there.
    Its an hour from home for me too, But then again, it beats joining 5 clubs so you can shoot anything any time, the only "Other" club i could possibly do that at that is closer is Greater Pitt. Right now, no one is sure about that staying open.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Yeah +10000000 for PMSC, hence one of the reasons with me being 45 mins away I still had no issue with giving them my money to join.

(Allegheny County)

PMSC is by far the best around. I am glad I joined and hope I never have to leave the area. Ron Bachy and PMSC is first class.

(Butler County)

I wonder if they give a Police Fire EMt discount like Clariton does?? does anybody know that.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by XDFirefighter View Post
    I wonder if they give a Police Fire EMt discount like Clariton does?? does anybody know that.

We do not have that type of discount. Our fees/rates are the cheapest to be had in 100+ mi radius ( maybe more) for what we offer. (note I'm a PMSC director).

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    We do not have that type of discount. Our fees/rates are the cheapest to be had in 100+ mi radius ( maybe more) for what we offer. (note I'm a PMSC director).
    Not to start any crap but why does just the active military get a discount and not Fire Police and EMS i knwo yea they are protecting of counrty and stuff but they get paid to do that not enough but still something and you have a city that surrounds you that is all volunteer Fire and EMS ran if something were to happen inside the club or on a range who are you going to call? Just something to think about. Again not to disrespect our military i support our troops 100%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast