Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Walmart can pound salt: a shopper's tale

Went to the Cranberry Walmart today to grab some WWB in 9mm. Keeping in mind that I'm fairly certain Sam Walton was a tool of the Devile himself, and that Walmart is a den of thinly veiled communism. Also it is a magnet for the sort of people that leave their 7 children in the car and then tell the police it was fine because the 8 year old was in charge.

Anyway, I went back to the sporting goods counter and waited for some help to come. They didn't. The phone was ringing steadily for the entire 5 or 6 minutes I waited, and the 3 or 4 minutes more that I searched the general area for an employee. Finally I was disgusted enough to just walk back there and get what I needed. I carried my ammo up to the self check right in front of the lady who mans the self check stations (don't even get me started on that). Seems this was a good thing, since as soon as I scanned the first box of ammo the register started blinking that I needed assistance. She came over and keyed around a bit, mumbled that I was clearly 21, and then walked off. I scanned the next box fine, then the third box flagged again. She came back and said "odd that never happens" and keyed through again. This time she asked me "is this for a pistol or a rifle." What the **** does that matter? If I say rifle I need to be 18 and if I say pistol I need to be 21... and I'm STILL a year shy of 40. Just hit one of them so I get GTFO of here. Christ. And who shoots .45 through a rifle anyway? It's for my effing Tommy gun. I told you they were commies.

Icing on the cake... on the way out some assclown is walking backwards into the place so that he can chatter with the feckless 104 year old lady "watching" the entrance. And came inches from steamrolling me, which in the mood I was in would have resulted in carnage. I'd probably even punched the old lady just for good measure.

Summary: FUCK WALMART

ps - I wouldn't need to go to that wretched hive of scum and villainy if there was a proper gun store in Cranberry.
    Last edited by Python73; July 10th, 2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: improper thread title
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Walmart can [NO PROFANITY IN THREAD TITLES] itself

so yer pissed off they are properly following federal law on checking for age on ammunition sales?
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Went to the Cranberry Walmart today to grab some WWB in 9mm. Keeping in mind that I'm fairly certain Sam Walton was a tool of the Devile himself, and that Walmart is a den of thinly veiled communism. Also it is a magnet for the sort of people that leave their 7 children in the car and then tell the police it's ok because the 8yo is in charge
    When i was growing up that was considered to be perfectly normal and acceptable. When i was 8 i baby sat my little sister all the time.

In all my years, i can't ever remember being carded to buy ammo.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    so yer pissed off they are properly following federal law on checking for age on ammunition sales?
    Yeah, really.. It's only been the law since 1968. Asking such question is a necessity in compliance of the law.

It could be worse though.. Your ammo purchase could have been recorded on a form like it was required before FOPA was enacted.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Franklin County)

I see it as you broke the law, you where behind the counter where your not supposed to be and took ammo without be checked for age first.

Also, did you consider maybe the lady working the front was not trained to work the sporting goods area, I believe your supposed to pay for ammo at the counter where they are trained for those sales.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by problazer1987 View Post
    I see it as you broke the law, you where behind the counter where your not supposed to be and took ammo without be checked for age first.

Also, did you consider maybe the lady working the front was not trained to work the sporting goods area, I believe your supposed to pay for ammo at the counter where they are trained for those sales.
    Which "law" did he break by taking the ammo? He still paid for it before removing it from the store. He may have violated a store policy, but I doubt that he actually violated a law.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Monroe County)

The problem with walmart is that they extremely understaff their stores, and then expect the employees on duty to pick up the slack....resulting in poor customer service. I can't stand walmart and deliberately avoid it. I think I'm there twice a year maximum. I would usually spend the extra dollar or two somewhere else that's closer and can answer my questions.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; July 10th, 2011 at 03:39 PM.

I won't disagree with you in regards to WalMart's customer service. Sounds to me like your irritation with not being able to find an employee spilled over into all other aspects of your visit.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Yeah, really.. It's only been the law since 1968. Asking such question is a necessity in compliance of the law.

It could be worse though.. Your ammo purchase could have been recorded on a form like it was required before FOPA was enacted.
    Odd how my gun store just takes the box off the shelf, rings it up and puts it into a bag.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Monroe County)

So do you break the law every time you go into a gun shop, grab a box of ammo without being ID'ed, then carry it to the counter to pay for it? Your logic is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast