Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we help?

(Delaware County)

Default Can we help?

The firearm owners of Pa have proved themselves strong in numbers, we can stop useless unconstutional laws, but can we come up with somethign that works.

I am as much opposed as any of you to any law restricting gun ownership. I still feel that you should be able to carry a gun anywhere you want across all 50 states. However there is a problem with crime, and its getting out of hand in Philthadelphia. What laws or provisions can we as a group come up with to help with the problem.

For instance, I do not feel that anyone should be able to plea bargin there way out of Punishment.
    If someone is sentenced to life in prison it should last 7-10 days.
    One more problem i have is if you are tried and found innocent, if more evidence is found against you, oh well you only get tried once, but you can appeal untill you run out of courts or money.

Im sure there are situations that my thoughts wouldnt work, but as a whole can we figgure out a solution? Theres alot of good minds in this community, lets put them together and see what we can come up with.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Can we help?

I think the only solution is to come down hard on violent crime offenders! No plea bargains, no parole...bust them back to Netscape 6! If people know punishment will be stiff...they are less likely to do the crime!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    I think the only solution is to come down hard on violent crime offenders! No plea bargains, no parole...bust them back to Netscape 6! If people know punishment will be stiff...they are less likely to do the crime!
    Right on. Make the punishment so terrifying that nobody will want to commit the crime.

Proud member of:

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Right on. Make the punishment so terrifying that nobody will want to commit the crime.
    Playing devil's advocate, if I am a criminal and I know I am going to be put to death I am not going to go to jail easily. If a cop pulls me over I am gonna do my damdest to take him out before it arrests me. Or if killing 1 person puts me on death row, why not take a couple dozen out with me if I kill someone.

Like I said, I am all for enforcing laws and making people think twice before they do such a thing, just throwing that other thought out there for people to chew over when commenting on making terrifying laws.

(Allegheny County)

Does my new sig line help?

Probably not.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevmeister View Post
    What laws or provisions can we as a group come up with to help with the problem.
    We don't need any new laws or provisions. We just need the justice system to actually enforce the current ones. Of course, the police focusing on real crime instead of sitting along the highways generating revenue would help, too.....

(Northampton County)

The idea is a good one, but will never go anywhere. I hate to admit that, but it is a fact. Gun laws are what they are, and will not get any better. I am all for leaner gun laws but the reality is that more and more people entering the political field have a leftist view with certain things, and guns are one of them, which in the long run is going to have us running to just save what we currently have.
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    Playing devil's advocate, if I am a criminal and I know I am going to be put to death I am not going to go to jail easily. If a cop pulls me over I am gonna do my damdest to take him out before it arrests me. Or if killing 1 person puts me on death row, why not take a couple dozen out with me if I kill someone.

Like I said, I am all for enforcing laws and making people think twice before they do such a thing, just throwing that other thought out there for people to chew over when commenting on making terrifying laws.
    But see, if they know before hand that a violent crime involving a gun would mean an automatic life sentence, or even the death penalty, then they are going to think twice before committing the crime in the first place. It wont be worth the risks for most criminals. Right now, they get a slap on the wrist for violent crimes. You change that and I guarantee that crime will drop significantly.

Proud member of:

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bradjc72 View Post
    The idea is a good one, but will never go anywhere. I hate to admit that, but it is a fact. Gun laws are what they are, and will not get any better. I am all for leaner gun laws but the reality is that more and more people entering the political field have a leftist view with certain things, and guns are one of them, which in the long run is going to have us running to just save what we currently have.
    Unfortunately, you're right. It's only going to get worse as time progresses.

Proud member of:

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
    We don't need any new laws or provisions. We just need the justice system to actually enforce the current ones. Of course, the police focusing on real crime instead of sitting along the highways generating revenue would help, too.....
    You nailed it. In for-profit America, if a program isn't working, you cut it if you can't save it and you prioritize your business needs and potential avenues of success. The war on drugs is NOT working, cut it. You don't have room for truly violent offenders because you have drug USERS filling up jail cells? Cut it, send them home, let them smoke, snort or shoot to their heart's content. This will cause a healthcare crisis? Then don't socialize medicine and healthcare.

What's your priority, some guy that smokes dope or sells coke to the local Hoovers or a gangbanger with a violent criminal record?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast