Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default this new law on tax for owner's with fire arm's

hello my name is bob i own and carry fire arm's .has anybody heard of this new pa law for any person who own's fire arm's must pay a 50 dollar tax at the end of the year when we do our tax's.my friend gave me this that he print'ed out on www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp.it's a senate bill sb-2009 will requir us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own.it will require fingerprints and a tax of 50$ per gun.this bill was introduced on feb 24 2009 by the obama staff.BUT this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective! this is an amendment to the internal revenue act of 1986. this means that the finance committee has passed this without the senate voting on it at all.TRUST OBAMA? you must be kidding.the full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage:www.senate.gov.you can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2009.so can somebody tell me if this is true.you can find <search results-thomas [library of congress]<http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/? c111:h.r.45>. thank you very much...............o ya all so it say they can come into our homes and check to see if our guns are locked up and safe from children and if not first offence is five years in prision.please can some one let me know before tax time.thank you......

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: this new law on tax for owner's with fire arm's

~~Mama Bear - defender of her own

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by robert88cathers View Post
    hello my name is bob i own and carry fire arm's .has anybody heard of this new pa law for any person who own's fire arm's must pay a 50 dollar tax at the end of the year when we do our tax's.my friend gave me this that he print'ed out on www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp.it's a senate bill sb-2009 will requir us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own.it will require fingerprints and a tax of 50$ per gun.this bill was introduced on feb 24 2009 by the obama staff.BUT this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective! this is an amendment to the internal revenue act of 1986. this means that the finance committee has passed this without the senate voting on it at all.TRUST OBAMA? you must be kidding.the full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage:www.senate.gov.you can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2009.so can somebody tell me if this is true.you can find <search results-thomas [library of congress]<http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/? c111:h.r.45>. thank you very much...............o ya all so it say they can come into our homes and check to see if our guns are locked up and safe from children and if not first offence is five years in prision.please can some one let me know before tax time.thank you......
    This bill is currently sitting in committee, as it has been for the last two years. It is extremely likely that no action will be taken on moving it out of committee before the session ends at the beginning of Jan. If no action is taken, it dies in committee.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Montgomery County)

I hope it's not for our 2009 tax return. I'm getting close to filing 2010.

The snopes link you should have posted is: http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/taxreturns.asp

Also, please, please, please go here and read carefully:

http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/apostro.asp
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

(Montgomery County)

2009? I think you're a little behind. But seriously folks, if I'm not mistaken was this not debunked a long time ago? (Blar Holt did exist but did die in committee.) The above links go nowhere.

ETA: And a search of the real senate.gov generates nothing. I smell... tinfoil hat.
    Last edited by PA Traveler; November 18th, 2010 at 11:18 AM.

(Montgomery County)

I think the OP meant 2099.

This is from the senate website:

Is it true that . . . Senate Bill SB-2099 will require owners of firearms to pay a $50 charge per gun and list each gun on their federal tax form?

This Internet rumor states that SB-2099 is legislation currently being considered by the Senate. The bill supposedly requires owners of firearms to list on their 1040 tax return all guns they own and then pay a $50 charge per firearm.

• The official title for S. 2099 in the 111th Congress is, "A bill to suspend temporarily the duty on certain heaters." More information about this bill can be found on THOMAS.

• To find out if there is any current legislation dealing with handguns search the keyword "handguns" on THOMAS.

• Legislation that the Senate is currently working on will be listed on the Active Legislation page or can be searched for on THOMAS. For more information about the legislative process or finding bills, please see the Legislation VRD page

http://www.senate.gov/reference/common/faq/SB2099.shtml

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Removed ~Staff
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; November 18th, 2010 at 01:09 PM.

(Luzerne County)

has anybody heard of this new pa law for any person who own's fire arm's must pay a 50 dollar tax at the end of the year when we do our tax's.
    No such Pa. law. No such federal law.

my friend gave me this that he print'ed out on www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp.it's
    Your url is hosed.
    correct:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

A better one, more current is:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/taxreturns.asp

a senate bill sb-2009 will requir us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own.it will require fingerprints and a tax of 50$ per gun.
    The bill is SB-2099 And it's dieing a slow, well deserved death in committee.

IOW: Will not become a law.

this bill was introduced on feb 24 2009 by the obama staff.
    Obama staff does not introduce bills.

BUT this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective! this is an amendment to the internal revenue act of 1986. this means that the finance committee has passed this without the senate voting on it at all.
    Uh, no. Simply false.

TRUST OBAMA? you must be kidding.the full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage:www.senate.gov.you can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2009.so can somebody tell me if this is true.you can find <search results-thomas [library of congress]
    The second link provided above, at snopes, is probably the best summary out there.

There have been at least a dozen threads on this (probably 50+) over the last year and a half. Closing this since it's duplicate.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Default this new law on tax for owner's with fire arm's

thank you very much for all your answers and sorry for the spelling only went to 7th grade had to work on farm.so again thank you. robert.......