Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Bystander takes justice into own hands, thwarts robbery

“He (bystander) saw the events as they unfolded and took it upon himself to intervene and shoot the robber as it was occurring,” said Massillon police Sgt. Paul Covert.

Police said the bystander has not been charged in the incident and had a license to carry a concealed weapon.

http://www.indeonline.com/features/x...-investigating
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

Default Re: Bystander takes justice into own hands, thwarts robbery

The poor felon is just misunderstood and that mean citizen has now added to his pain. The thief simply made a bad choice and really is a good boy. Now I have to worry he'll not be able to reproduce, oh woe is me.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    The poor felon is just misunderstood and that mean citizen has now added to his pain. The thief simply made a bad choice and really is a good boy. Now I have to worry he'll not be able to reproduce, oh woe is me.
    Sadly, He probably already has 10 bastard kids with 6 different mothers, and the same influence that raised him will raise them.

(Chester County)

haha awesome, he tried to shoot him in his dick

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    Good job------but next time aim for the other head and end the problem permanently!

(Philadelphia County)

The unidentified bystander reportedly was sitting in his car in the store’s parking lot when he saw the robbery occur. The man shot Andrew Robinson, 20, of 119 Pulley Place S.E., Massillon, in the groin after he saw Robinson pistol-whip a 22-year-old store employee, according to police. The incident occurred around 9 p.m. in the store parking lot.
    Going to the aid of someone under attack is taking justice into one's own hands. I guess the media just can't resist the urge to paint the good guy as a vigilante no matter the circumstances.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjohn26 View Post
    Good job------but next time aim for the other head and end the problem permanently!
    Yeah, what he said, LOL

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Going to the aid of someone under attack is taking justice into one's own hands. I guess the media just can't resist the urge to paint the good guy as a vigilante no matter the circumstances.
    I find it more heroic for a private citizen to save a life on his own than I do for a cop. Don't get me wrong, cops have hard jobs, but that's kind of what they get paid to do (yeah yeah, I know, the Supreme court said they don't....) For a citizen to take it upon himself ,without pay, because it's simply the right thing to do, to save another person's life and/or well being, is amazing.

But yes, the media would paint this a whole different way, however if it were a cop they would say he deserved a commendation.

(Monroe County)

MASSILLON, OH — A bystander thwarted a robbery Sunday night outside M&K Supermarket, 1619 Walnut Road S.E., by firing at the suspect, according to police.

The unidentified bystander reportedly was sitting in his car in the store’s parking lot when he saw the robbery occur. The man shot Andrew Robinson, 20, of 119 Pulley Place S.E., Massillon, in the groin after he saw Robinson pistol-whip a 22-year-old store employee, according to police. The incident occurred around 9 p.m. in the store parking lot.

“He (bystander) saw the events as they unfolded and took it upon himself to intervene and shoot the robber as it was occurring,” said Massillon police Sgt. Paul Covert.

Police said the bystander has not been charged in the incident and had a license to carry a concealed weapon.

According to police reports, the witness to the assault shot Robinson once before he fled the scene on foot. Officers arrested Robinson after they found him inside an apartment in the 1200 block of 16th St. S.E. Robinson was taken to Affinity Medical Center but was not listed as a patient Monday afternoon, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

The robbery victim, an M&K Supermarket employee, was treated and released at Affinity, according to Joan Hassan, part owner of the store. Hassan was not working at the time of the incident but said she was pleased with how police responded.

“We will try to improve that (security), but I thought it was good already,” Hassan said.

Some customers were talking about the incident Monday.

“They were happy that someone stopped to help (the victim),” she said.

Police are still looking for a second suspect, described as a black male, who allegedly assisted in the holdup, according to Covert.

“(Investigators) need to sort it all out. There are some questions that need answered,” Covert said.

Robinson reportedly was trying to sell the victim four packages of cigarettes. After the victim retrieved his wallet from his vehicle, Robinson reportedly started striking the victim in the head with a black handgun. The weapon later was recovered in the parking lot.

Charges of aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, and felonious assault, a second-degree felony, are expected to be filed against Robinson in connection with the incident, according to jail records.

Court records show Robinson was wanted on charges of robbery, a second-degree felony, and theft of a motor vehicle, a fourth-degree felony, stemming from an early morning incident Sept. 21 in the 1700 block of 15th St. S.E.

Robinson allegedly pointed a gun at a 22-year-old man and ordered him to empty his pockets and undress. Afterward, Robinson stole the victim’s clothing and a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville.

Copyright 2010 The Independent. Some rights reserved
    Good for him

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    I think this is one of the cases when your target is identified after what you actually hit haha. COM of the Groin, Serves him right.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32148&dateline=128288  0834

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast