Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Ridley township Delco. LTCF fee

I just renewed my Pa. L.T.C.F with the Delaware county Sheriff and paid $46.00. Yesterday in the mail I got a letter from the Ridley township police saying they want a $10.00 fee for a background check . Did I not pay this background check fee at the sheriff's office and with this fee it brings the cost of my L.T.C.F. to $56.00

Today I called the Police department and they told me that it was a ordnance that they passed to make up for all the time they spend doing back ground checks for concealed carry permits (what ever they are). I told the officer that I agree with that and that they should be paid for their service but I already paid for that service at the sheriff's office and they were charging me twice. His response to that was that it was over his head and this is what it is

I am trying to get in touch with the sheriff now to find out why he is not paying the local P.D. or if He is and this fee is illegal and the are gouging me. If so is the board of commissioners meeting the forum to bring this up in

Default Re: Ridley township Delco. LTCF fee

You may have already been gouged...

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...page-23-a.html

(Franklin County)

It's my opinion the based on PA's preemption law, the municipality lacks the authority to institute such a fee.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    It's my opinion the based on PA's preemption law, the municipality lacks the authority to institute such a fee.

Another nuisance illegal ordinance!

Please get the ordinance number for us to look at.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fats429 View Post
    I just renewed my Pa. L.T.C.F with the Delaware county Sheriff and paid $46.00. Yesterday in the mail I got a letter from the Ridley township police saying they want a $10.00 fee for a background check . Did I not pay this background check fee at the sheriff's office and with this fee it brings the cost of my L.T.C.F. to $56.00

Today I called the Police department and they told me that it was a ordnance that they passed to make up for all the time they spend doing back ground checks for concealed carry permits (what ever they are). I told the officer that I agree with that and that they should be paid for their service but I already paid for that service at the sheriff's office and they were charging me twice. His response to that was that it was over his head and this is what it is

I am trying to get in touch with the sheriff now to find out why he is not paying the local P.D. or if He is and this fee is illegal and the are gouging me. If so is the board of commissioners meeting the forum to bring this up in
    File a private criminal complaint against the sheriff. Tell the PD that it really is over their heads and that their actions might be considered extortion and be subject to federal prosecution.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

And as mentioned in other threads here, the total current cost of the LTCF is, by statute, only $20.

(Berks County)

DO NOT PAY THEM A DIME!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    Another nuisance illegal ordinance!

Please get the ordinance number for us to look at.
    6109 H states the fee. if I'm not mistaken, the $5 modernization fee expired in November of this year.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Delaware County)

LTCF fee (all inclusive) for the entire state is 20 dollars.
    Some charge 46 for the laminated but this is in violation of state law as well.

I might be meeting with a LT and maybe the Sheriff in Media this afternoon to discuss, but honestly, I'll probably pay the 46 and call it a day. Is it right? No
    Is this a battle I feel like fighting? No

But I do draw a line, no chance in me paying an investigation fee. That is done by the Sheriff and is included. If they want to go above and beyond, its on them.

(4) No fee other than that provided by this subsection or the Sheriff Fee Act may be assessed by the sheriff for the performance of any background check made pursuant to this act.

(5) The fee is payable to the sheriff to whom the application is submitted and is payable at the time of application for the license.

(7) A person who sells or attempts to sell a license to carry a firearm for a fee in excess of the amounts fixed under this subsection commits a summary offense.

"(h) Fee.--The fee for a license to carry a firearm is $19. This includes a renewal notice processing fee of $1.50. This includes an administrative fee of $5 under section 14(2) of the act of July 6, 1984 (P.L. 614, No. 127), known as the Sheriff Fee Act. No fee other than that provided by this paragraph or the Sheriff Fee Act may be assessed by the sheriff for the performance of any background check made pursuant to this act. The fee is payable to the sheriff to whom the application is submitted and is payable at the time of application for the license. Except for the administrative fee of $5 under section 14(2) of the Sheriff Fee Act, all other fees shall be refunded if the application is denied but shall not be refunded if a license is issued and subsequently revoked. A person who sells or attempts to sell a license to carry a firearm for a fee in excess of the amounts fixed under this subsection commits a summary offense."
    http://www.parevolution.com/educatio...-6109-licenses
    Last edited by BimmerJon; November 16th, 2010 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    6109 H states the fee. if I'm not mistaken, the $5 modernization fee expired in November of this year.
    I think that the poster was asking about a Ridley Twp. ordinance concerning the background check fee

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast