Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BAD CHOICES

(York County)

Default BAD CHOICES

I just wanted to share this real quick. It's a RIGHT to carry and it has a ton of responsibilities. The firearm you choose to carry is suppose to protect you and others and should not be used for foolish means.

Anyway the other day I was going into shrewsbury wal-mart and there was a young kid (probably about 25,26) going into the store with a flopping around, swinging back and forth, glock 30 (looked like) barely hanging from his hip. Now it's one thing to carry and be proud of it, but it looked like this pistol was gonna fall out of his holster the way it was swaying. I watched him walk from one end of the parking lot to the next staring at every person he walked by almost like he was looking for trouble. And also I always try to conceal my pistol just to keep the attention away and also from kids seeing it etc. Well this PROUD guy has his pistol almost falling off his hip with his shirt just tucked into the holster with the rest untucked. I just think its absolutely rediculous to see this kind of shit and if I didnt think he was gonna start some shit I would have politely asked him to try and control his weapon and not be so sloppy with it before someone accidentally gets shot. A carry permit is not a now-its-time-to-be-a-toughguy-permit. This shit earks my nerves. You had to see it but i am sure you can imagine. It was one of those"look at this freakin guy" moments.
    "No Time For Failure, Make Sure You Trust Your Firearm"

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: BAD CHOICES

don't want no kids seein them dirty guns!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy250 View Post
    A carry permit is not a now-its-time-to-be-a-toughguy-permit. This shit earks my nerves. You had to see it but i am sure you can imagine. It was one of those"look at this freakin guy" moments.
    We don't have permits in PA, we have a LTCF. Further, a LTCF is not required to open carry. Also, a pet peeve of mine is poor grammar. That really, erks, me.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Philadelphia County)

his shirt just tucked into the holster with the rest untucked.
    A little suspicious of this story (no offense OP, we've had trolls cook up similar tales lately), however on this note - I never used to understand the "hey do you realize your gun is showing?" comments, but having seen the untucked shirt over the gun thing it really does look like the shirt accidentally got snagged behind the gun. So my advice to this guy if he's real is wear a sensible shirt to leave no doubt that you are really OCing. And get a decent belt.

(Berks County)

Siggy: This thread will become polluted with all kinds of "..but it's legal to open carry! It's his right!" comments, I guarantee it.

I completely understand the kind of person you're describing. I know of a few in my area as well. They're the kind of people who think a LTCF is actually a license to stare people down and intimidate them because they won't do anything to a guy with a gun.

Open carry being legal or requiring a LTCF or whatever has nothing to do with a sighting like this one. It may be his right to OC or CC however he wishes, but unlike the guy who is minding his business but still gets hassled at the grocery store, this guy is actually out looking for trouble and trying to scare people. Again, there are a few in my area that I have seen and it gets me worked up each time I see it. It's the kind of person that Antis imagine us all to be.

(Monroe County)

OP i understand your frustration , the gentleman first of all should take more care in carrying his gun e.g use a proper holster and belt and to make sure his shirt isnt caught behind his gun , a shirt tail caught behind a Glock can be dangerous.

However we should respect his right to be sloppy, you see if people like that that looses his rights so do we all. WE have to look at the larger picture at all times when it comes to firearms.
    But i do agree with you that it could have been done better.

(Monroe County)

Is this a "being responsible" lesson from the guy who was convicted of manslaughter for engaging in a road rage incident over being called a bitch?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Lehigh County)

Is this a "being responsible" lesson from the guy who was convicted of manslaughter for engaging in a road rage incident over being called a bitch?
    You caught it before I did.

For those who don't know:

ok after reading 8 pages of this story I figured I would tell you guys my story and I could care less if you think I'm a bad person, it was a lon lon time ago.

I had a altercation on route 83 a long time ago resulting in a fight. I was driving about or 5 miles over the speed limit and the same type of dickhead rode my ass for miles and miles before he finally pulled beside me with a pissed off look on his face spitting and screaming "im gonna fuck you up mothe#2@@@, pull over now, pull over you BITCH!

Now one thing I will never be called and don't take too lightly is the bitch word. So i pulled over and so did dipshit. I didn't give him long enough to get up to the car trapping me in the car so I jumped out first, Now I have been competitively bodybuilding for a long time at this point and am not exactly your average looking guy(5 foot 8, 235 lbs, 8% bodyfat) ....the look on his face went from i'm gonna kill you to "oh fuckin shit" but at this point i was already pissed enough tha some asshole is just gonna call me a bitch after following me for miles and calling me out on top of that. We were arguing for a minute and then he tried to pull a knife on me so i tried to jump around the back of him and pull him into me but instead he took a few steps back and got hit by a truck coming about 80 miles an hour and killed him on the spot.

To make a long story short i ended up doing 5 years in prison for manslaughter even though I never laid a hand on him ( it just looked that way). which it also took a few thousand dollars and years later to get expunged. The reason i am saying this is because there are so many ways and what if"s and what he should have done or should have not done. The bottom line is that in his end result, noone was hurt, noone went to jail, and noone died. That is all that matters, hopefully my story will lead by example and people will start to think before they act. This situation the man was in could have been fucked up but his gun saved him a shit ton of trouble which makes all the money in the world worth it.
    and the best part is he wants his story to "lead by example"

Edit to add:

I just wanted to share this real quick. It's a RIGHT to carry and it has a ton of responsibilities. The firearm you choose to carry is suppose to protect you and others and should not be used for foolish means.

Anyway the other day I was going into shrewsbury wal-mart and there was a young kid (probably about 25,26) going into the store with a flopping around, swinging back and forth, glock 30 (looked like) barely hanging from his hip. Now it's one thing to carry and be proud of it, but it looked like this pistol was gonna fall out of his holster the way it was swaying. I watched him walk from one end of the parking lot to the next staring at every person he walked by almost like he was looking for trouble. And also I always try to conceal my pistol just to keep the attention away and also from kids seeing it etc. Well this PROUD guy has his pistol almost falling off his hip with his shirt just tucked into the holster with the rest untucked. I just think its absolutely rediculous to see this kind of shit and if I didnt think he was gonna start some shit I would have politely asked him to try and control his weapon and not be so sloppy with it before someone accidentally gets shot. A carry permit is not a now-its-time-to-be-a-toughguy-permit. This shit earks my nerves. You had to see it but i am sure you can imagine. It was one of those"look at this freakin guy" moments.
    So, you thought he "was gonna start some shit" then. I mean since you didn't "politely" ask him you must have by your own admission. So, my question is, did you actually see him "start some shit", or is this another story where "noone was hurt, noone went to jail, and noone died"?

I think the un-named gun owner in the OP here was possibly saved the "shit ton of trouble" that running into Siggy250 could cause, "which makes all the money in the world worth it".
    Last edited by IronSight; October 26th, 2010 at 12:48 AM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Also, a pet peeve of mine is poor grammar. That really, erks, me.
    Agreed! I am, dare I say, a grammar Nazi. I don't carry yet (no LTCF yet) but will probably open carry. I would OC now, but I drive everywhere... So that's out of the question.

And OP is probably right. It probably was a sight and that particular person either needs a new belt or holster.

I'll strap a holster on at the range, and I like it to be REAL snug.

(Monroe County)

-shakes head-
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast