Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Venango County)

Default Does PAFOA have any kind of a voting guide?

Like something for our members who would want to to pass out at the polls? Kind of like a response to CeaseFires one?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Does PAFOA have any kind of a voting guide?

I don't know for sure but I'm thinking probably not, for tax reasons if nothing else. The NRA PVF has endorsements, as does FOAC.

I know of none on PAFOA, however, if you want a good guide go to

http://www.foac-pac.org

The guides are listed by county and contain the main races for the county.

I would strongly discourage the attempt. There is no candidate pure enough for some, or electable enough for others, or extreme enough for the fringers.

Really. It wouldn't end well. Trust me on this one.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmarshall View Post
    Like something for our members who would want to to pass out at the polls? Kind of like a response to CeaseFires one?

Quote Originally Posted by tsor39 View Post
    I know of none on PAFOA, however, if you want a good guide go to

http://www.foac-pac.org

The guides are listed by county and contain the main races for the county.
    Use the Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC) one its the only one that I know that individual FOAC members are asked to choose (vote) who to endorse / NOT or that a individual FOAC member (that can provide documentation) that someone should or shouldn't be on the FOAC pro gun voters guides can have the FOAC voter guide changed if they can make a strong case..

Anyone else offer this to its members?

FOAC doesn't pay the R & D favorite games like other groups or hand out endorsements like crackjack prizes do, hence the reason why there are so many strong Pro Gun D's supporters mostly from western PA.

One of the reason why FOAC can do this is its ALL volunteers of activist and no one is paid and it’s a member driven Political Action Committee.(PAC) that for at least right now no one in PAFOA should every one to get near, until an organizational structure is in place with written by laws etc.

PAFOA member “Activist” is no other than the one and Only Kim Stolfer and chairman of FOAC.

To anyone that thinks they support their constitutional rights, well Kim Stolfer and a few Others in PA are my bench mark line to define what support really means. Lot of people willing give hundreds if not thousands of hours fighting for our rights, when most gun owners won’t even donate 8 hours a year to defending and supporting their firearm rights let alone even give 10 bucks to join a group that does yet they still claim to have a strong opinion in politics of who should be elected or what support really means.

Several of you over the years have made a posting on PAFOA, I sent it over to Kim Stolfer and back your points up guess what? It was enough to pull someone FOAC endorsement or get someone added, other cases it was enough for one of you to sit down and have a productive meeting with a Rep where you persoanlly made a differance.

The long term goal is to educate you and the elected officials to make them more pro constitution in everyone actions. You see no one can do everything but each of US can do our part and support our rights by supporting the cause by our actions and deeds.

http://www.foac-pac.org/

This is how you can trust FOAC pro gun voters guide as they are accountable to its members, FOAC have spent the time venting candidates that we all should have done for our selves before election day and for what ever reason we didn't when we had months in advance to do so.
    So you can cast a informed pro gun vote on election day

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I would strongly discourage the attempt. There is no candidate pure enough for some, or electable enough for others, or extreme enough for the fringers.

Really. It wouldn't end well. Trust me on this one.
    GunLawyer001 Is absolutely correct here, getting gun owners to agree to anything is much like herding cats or stacking marbles on a row boat in a hurricane.

Far too many gun owners demand people running or holding office do more than they are personally willing to do to really SUPPORT their firearm rights.

Getting strong willed people to agree to everything never happens, even long time married couples will vote against each other on election day canceling each other votes out. The trick is finding out which one really need to go and IF a more viable replacement is out there doing your very best part to help get them elected at the primaries, at the general election its pretty much what is left that is electable, not necessarily the best choice.

Even with that you only have one vote you cast probably won't effect the outcome, So how do you influence the election with little to no money? Far to many gun owners don't vote, so its getting them to vote and vote for pro gun people enter the FOAC pro gun voters guides.

What I wish to add to GunLawyer001 comments is that most of the people that feel a candidate is pure enough or good enough for a higher standard of what support is in which they are not personally willing to work to achieve either, they don’t really support their firearm rights like they demand others to do and far too many are just Key board Kommandos, practicing phantom activism making feel good statements. Most are do nothing loud mouths that act like bossy 4 year old children demanding of others and then whining when they don’t get their way.

Kind of ironic is it not?

That they hold their own activity of what support of their rights is way below what they demand of others running / holding office by their in actions.

There was a former PA republican governor that signed into law more gun control laws into the UFA than any other single governor in PA history that said something that stuck a nerve with me.

Paraphrasing Republican governor here
    Why should I listen to sportsmen’s or gun owners most are NOT registered or bother to vote so why should I care what they say?

If you think this statement is out of line, well I was spending another day helping to un elect a anti-gun long time anti-gun politician Rep Levdansky in 39 th district with elected a real Supporter and Pro-Gun Candidate Rick Saccone.

http://forum.pafoa.org/allegheny-27/...k-saccone.html

To make the story short, we were going house to house knocking on doors and talking with people.

Not everyone's doors, you see there are lists available of who is registered to vote and who are super voters (they vote every election). There was gun owners and hunters coming back for lunch from hunting they were unloading the trucks of hunting stuff. Couple guys or gals struck up conversations with them about voting and the issue I walked over and rudely interrupted them. Saying "you are wasting your time to talk with them because they are not registered to vote so gun ownership is not really important to them". One took offense, I quoted the republican governor they got beat red mad over that quote. I go "o well you are part of the problem, we spent our sat not going hunting or having fun but trying to un elected your Rep that has been voting to take your hunting and gun rights away for years". Gave several examples to them with a indifference on my part to their feelings of how the info was said. After all they don't use their voice...they give their silent consent to support their anti-gun Reps actions including voting against HB 40.

You see support is a two way street, don’t ever automatically expect someone elected to office to care more about your issue than you do by your actions to show or voice your support.

Sorry folks, giving your hard earned money paying indulgences to some big nationwide group to supposedly support your firearm rights don’t get it done either when you don't do anything personally to protect or defend your rights when under attack.

No more than you can pay someone to do a work out for you and expect to get the health benefits; FOAC tries to be your personal trainer, work with & educate you, teach you what works and what doesn't so you can improve your support to what ever level you are willing to give to your rights.

Someone is going to hold these offices it can be either someone that supports your right (less or more) or someone that doesn't, simple as that.

Many FOAC members give their time to help support pro gun Reps and help un elect others that stab us in the back even if they vote 99% with us, one key vote that back stab US is reason enough to replace them at next election cycle.

Support and Opposition has many different levels of or degrees on both sides this is where you and education can make the difference.

On election day you get to decide by voting or helping get Pro gun elected to office in your district or in surrounding areas of the state.

You want to make a difference on election day?

Take election day off and pass out FOAC pro gun voters guides at the polls.
    You can also print them out make copies take to local gun shops, pass out at gun clubs and email them to friends and family to vote pro gun.

Want to impact the entire state with shock waves felt in Philly consider coming to western PA in the Allegheny / Washington county and giving a day to help elect Pro-Gun Candidate Rick Saccone in the 39th district at the polls and take out a vulnerable anti-gun long Philly gun control ally and ceasefirePA endorsed so called sportsmen pal Rep.

If you need more reason besides voting six times against the castle doctrine why Anti-gun David Levdansky has to go read a couple of these thread and then consider coming to western PA and giving a day to help take him out, like several on PAFOA already are planing on doing.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/316...a-douglas.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/283...s-nra-pvf.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/239...y-antigun.html

here is one about deer hunting and Levdansky incriminating finger prints all over this ruining your PA hunting opportunities.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/hunting-23/10...22-2010-a.html

If you are one of these people they can take my gun from my cold dead hands I say BS for many years they been prying your warm fingers off of your rights what have you done politically to defend your rights while you can look your enemy in the eyes and don’t say any or do anything and by your silent consent agree to the next infringement. You won’t even go to a local meeting , to busy to take a day off to lobby your legislators with others for specific goals. Then claim you are willing to take up arms and fight a protracted civil war where people are trying to kill you, I say more BS. IF you are not willing to fight along with others to even give your time to fight a political battles at election time where can make a difference if you lose you still get to go sleep in a warm bed, no blood is shed and go back to work the next day you risk very little, still they don't even do this to support their rights. Far to many gun owners lie to themselves, rationalize not doing anything actively and demand others show a support level for something they are un willing to do themselves.

So REALLY Why should someone elected to office care what you think?

Still many Reps do care and when we do our part to help educate and support them on with documentation they can shine in our defense as the recent debates over castle doctrine and other issue have shown. We are making a difference in PA, those of us who choose to engage and by our actions define what support of firearm rights really means so as far as PAFOA goes look at all the threads on here so you can see what support really means and what doesn’t the law & politics section have very little real activity.

Support is a two way street, so do you really support your rights with direct action or just give lip service like so many politicians do?

So are you willing to work to become part of the solution or continue to be part of the problem by being the silent do nothing majority?

Many people have given pieces of their bodies and shed their blood for US to have our rights and freedoms in this country that we now enjoy, sadly they are less than our parents and grandparent had to enjoy. Now its your watch you get to decide PLEASE go vote (for someone) and get involved not just for 5 minutes on election day but everyday start paying attention to more than the bread and circus they give to distract you.

Freedom is not free some got to pay the bill to keep it by fighting for freedom everyday, so are you doing your part to support freedom?

(Monroe County)

Unless a Democrat manages to make a name for themselves as a pro-gunner, I generally vote Republican under the assumption that I will hit on more Pro-gun rights candidates with this approach. I know this is not necessarily true... It was Ronald Regan that signed the Hughes Amendment banning the manufacture of new automatic weapon for the civilian market. Proof that not all Republicans are good for gun rights. If a Democrat is progun rights... they better be loud and clear about it.

I looked on the NRA list and it seems like all Republicans are currently scoring higher progun rights grades then Democrats they are running against. This does not show local town level candidates of course.
    Last edited by tsafa; October 26th, 2010 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    Unless a Democrat manages to make a name for themselves as a pro-gunner, I generally vote Republican under the assumption that I will hit on more Pro-gun rights candidates. I know this is not necessarily true... It was Ronald Regan that signed the Hughes Amendment banning the manufacture of new automatic weapon for the civilian market. Proof that not all Republicans are good for gun rights.
    To be fair, Reagan signed the Firearm Owners Protection Act, which had a LOT of things in it, many of which were good for us. He didn't have the option to pick and choose, it was take the benefits with the poison pill, or veto the whole thing after a number of Congressmen went out on a limb for us.

I'm not at all happy with MG's being thrown under the bus, nor am I happy with the USSC dicta that allows MG's to be banned in the Heller case. But Reagan was hardly anti-gun, and he signed what was in front of him with the FOPA. It means that an M-16 costs $12K instead of $1,200, but it also means that you can drive your guns across NJ without necessarily going to jail.

(Jefferson County)

I concur with GL001. Sure, Reagan did sign that bill into law - but he did so because the bill provided more protections than it did harm. The President doesn't have Line Item Veto powers, he can only sign it, veto it, or pocket veto it.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

I think we made minor gains but lost a lot too with the FOPA.

Anyway I found something useful for the OP:

http://www.nrapvf.org/

Click on the State of PA or any other state to get a list of NRA endorsed candidates. They list both candidates for a given position and tell you which they endorse. The rate both of them too, so it is possible for the candidate they don't endorse to have a higher rating based on what he says. The endorsements are based solely on voting record, not what they promise.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    I think we made minor gains but lost a lot too with the FOPA.

Anyway I found something useful for the OP:

http://www.nrapvf.org/

Click on the State of PA or any other state to get a list of NRA endorsed candidates. They list both candidates for a given position and tell you which they endorse. The rate both of them too, so it is possible for the candidate they don't endorse to have a higher rating based on what he says. The endorsements are based solely on voting record, not what they promise.
    No thanks.

The NRA still endorses Stewart Greenleaf and Todd Eachus. The two people in state government that fucked us the hardest on HB40. The only thing missing is them endorsing Dwight Evans.

Whatever the NRA's motives, they aren't in our best interest.