Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Out of staters (or not Pa.)

Both a statement and a question. I have been on this forum for about a year now and I a suprised at the amount of poeple not from Pa. on a Pennsylvannia Firearms Owners Forum. Not that this is a bad thing, it's nice to hear from diffrent people around the country. Just what makes this forum so special or there not firearm owners forums in other states??? Just how many of you "out of staters" are out there?

Default Re: Out of staters (or not Pa.)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Both a statement and a question. I have been on this forum for about a year now and I a suprised at the amount of poeple not from Pa. on a Pennsylvannia Firearms Owners Forum. Not that this is a bad thing, it's nice to hear from diffrent people around the country. Just what makes this forum so special or there not firearm owners forums in other states??? Just how many of you "out of staters" are out there?
    I don't know if I was the first "out of stater" or not, but I have to be pretty close if I'm not. I came to the forum back when there weren't too many members, not even 150 when I registered. I was looking around for something having to do with 7mm Remington Magnum, and I came across someone asking for differences in ballistics between the .30-06 and the 7mm mag. Someone had given them false information, and I just felt bad for the original poster. So I registered to give him correct information. Honestly, it was my first time ever being on a forum, and I didn't know that I'd be sticking around, I just wanted to give the guy correct info. My sister was going to college at Bucknell University, so I had visited PA, and met some really great people also. As I kept an eye on the small forum and dynamics, I liked the place and made some friends, and so I just stuck around. I know there's plenty of forums that deal with Texas, and probably shooting in Texas, but I just got here first and liked the place. The place has changed a LOT, but I'm not quite ready to leave yet.

(York County)

I'm from PA but I'm in the military so I travel around a lot. I live in Kansas right now. I came across the site when looking for advice on a bolt action rifle on another forum and they pointed out one of the threads on here with a discussion on the model I was considering. PA is near and dear to my heart, and I hope to settle down there when I finally decide to get out of the army.

Found the site while looking for info on PA. non-resident LTCF and really enjoyed it. The people on here have been very nice and tolerant of an old opinionated grump.

Been around long enough now that we feel like most of you are friends to the point that we would like to make one of your shoots. If my wife ever retires maybe we can.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

I was born and raised in Lawrence County, Ellwood City. After high school I moved to Ohio and and have been here ever since (61 years). Except for the time that I spent in the army, I have returned every year for deer season. I have a camp in northern Jefferson County. I. also have an Ohio CHL and a PA LTCF/ I hope that explains my interest in this forum.
    Skip Griffith, Korean War Vet, OH & PA CCW

Got connected here because of shefearsnothing's case, that I read about on Calgun's. Chatted with her some, read a lot.

PA's laws are very close to MI's.

My mother came from McKean, grandfather lived on Shipmans Eddy on the Allegheny [Warren], one aunt in Erie, one in Wesleyville, and cousins scattered all over the state.

I spent just about as much of my childhood in PA as I did in MI.

The knowledge and information given here is fantastic, there isn't [as much] flaming and general BS that I see in other sites [including MI's equivalent the here]

I try to contribute to the site as much as I can, I've been a paying member to the site [issues with my paypal account right now so I've let that lapse], I've donated to legal cases here and I attempt to post useful information when I have it, mixed in with some things that I find funny and I think others would enjoy also.

I guess I just feel @ home here, and I'd like to thank the members & Mods here for that [and of course Dan for setting up and hosting the site].

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I live 1 mile from the border and go to PA at least a few times a week. Also, I lived in PA for about 2 years. This forum also has a good vibe and is pro open carry. I also hang out at a MD forum, a good place, but everyone seems to have Maryland Battered Gun Owner Syndrome and it's depressing. I've also seen where some guy from OCDO was arguing about OC vs CC, and got banned off the MD forum. From what this guy said, it sounded like the MD guys only want shall-issue CC or something. I've also tried to get guys there to come to OC stuff in PA, damn that's hard, despite all the FL, UT, and VA lisc's they have. Whatever...
    LOL, I am a woman...

I belong to several out of state gun boards. I like to read what other people think about all the problems in this country and to hear whats going on in their part of the world.

I live in Wisconsin, and we have no interesting gun boards, except for Wi.carry. I like this forum and I read it almost every day.

oscar

(Lancaster County)

I'm a PA non-resident LCTF holder, my wife's family is in PA, and I live about 10 minutes from the northern PA border. I first got onto the site for the first two reasons, continue now because of all three, and added to that I'm a 2nd Amendment rights activist so I'm on here to exchange news and insights with like minded people.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

I am a member of a number of forums including three based here in Texas. This is the most active and informative forum I have found. Except for the forums with specialties, RimfireCentral and PerfectUnion for instance, I come here first then, if I don't find what I am looking for, I go check the others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast