Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Random complaints regarding officeholders

Details aren't important, just a quick note that I had a small matter to discuss with the firearm unit in Bucks, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. She was a human being. Very nice.

Something to remember at election time, that Donnelly treats gun owners like the law-abiding citizens that we are. All the candidates make promises, but he has consistently delivered while in office.
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; October 16th, 2010 at 12:29 AM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Default Re: Praise for Sheriff Donnelly's office

I'm glad you had a pleasant experience with his staff, but if "duke" really treated gun owners like law abiding citizens he would not have violated the state UFA and overcharged them (including me) for their LTCF.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    I'm glad you had a pleasant experience with his staff, but if "duke" really treated gun owners like law abiding citizens he would not have violated the state UFA and overcharged them (including me) for their LTCF.
    +1

That's my problem with him too.

However, I'm assuming when the new system takes over he will have to charge the correct amount.

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    Look at the county directly South of Bucks for an example of how the issuing authority mistreats gun owners. The one due West had a lot of issues, too. Then there's the entire state to the East.

Nobody is perfect, but some are much better than others. I compare people with other people, not against some theoretical perfect person. You could probably be better citizens, too, but it might be fairest to rank you against the average citizen instead of that Gallant kid from the "Goofus & Gallant" stories.

Here's a Henny Youngman joke for you:
    A little Jewish Grandma is at the Florida coast with her little Jewish Grandson. The grandson is playing on the beach when a big wave comes and washes the kid out to sea. The lifeguards swim out, bring him back to shore, the paramedics work on him for a long time, pumping the water out, reviving him. They turn to the Jewish Grandma, and say, "we saved your grandson." The little Jewish Grandma says, "He had a hat!"
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Only dealt with his office once for my LTCF, but it was smooth and quick. And it's nice to know that if I want an NFA piece, he will sign off.

(Bucks County)

I also give Bucks County Sheriff Donnelly, and his staff, high marks for his performance.

It's totally unfair and uninformed to tag Sheriff Donnelly with any short comings promulgated by poor legislative enactments on the part of the Pennsylvania legislators. I have had direct contact with him on this topic, and understand and support his position. He does a first class job. Period.

Got a problem with the manner in which a LTCF is issued then take it back to the source, our legislators in Harrisburg.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by X - Man View Post
    I also give Bucks County Sheriff Donnelly, and his staff, high marks for his performance.

It's totally unfair and uninformed to tag Sheriff Donnelly with any short comings promulgated by poor legislative enactments on the part of the Pennsylvania legislators. I have had direct contact with him on this topic, and understand and support his position. He does a first class job. Period.

Got a problem with the manner in which a LTCF is issued then take it back to the source, our legislators in Harrisburg.
    So you assert that the law is unclear on what fees are allowed for LTCF? If that's the case, why have some Sheriff's changed their practices when confronted, and why do the majority of Sheriffs charge what we here also understand the "correct" fee to be?

Coincidence?
    Last edited by gnbrotz; October 14th, 2010 at 07:47 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

If any of you would care to wager on the price Duke charges I will make book on the fact that he charges 26.50. Maybe if people do an about face they would see a sign on the wall for a non photo ltcf that is in fact 26.50, The Duke is in compliance.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by X - Man View Post

This comment is pretty ignorant. The legislature was very clear about what may be charged for a LTCF, and what the penalty for charging something else is. While many have a problem with the procedure laid out in the statute and are working on getting it changed with the legislature, they are not the place to go for violations. The problem people have is with the sheriffs that are overcharging for LTCFs, who are breaking a very clear law. The place to take that is the D.A.'s office.

I have nothing to say about this sheriff's view on 2A rights, or how he and his staff personally treat people because I have had zero contact with them. If you want to be a cheerleader for the sheriff, you might want to know what you are talking about, and more importantly, what those criticizing him are talking about. Knowledge is your friend

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JUNKMAN JIM View Post
    If any of you would care to wager on the price Duke charges I will make book on the fact that he charges 26.50. Maybe if people do an about face they would see a sign on the wall for a non photo ltcf that is in fact 26.50, The Duke is in compliance.
    Really? I wager $100,000.00.

OK, where is my money? Please tell me what the actual allowed fee for a LTCF is.

Then please tell me where a different charge is allowed for a "drivers license" type.

Then please pay me in cash before sheepishly slinking away... thanks for playing

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast