Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

And yes the media should be involved along with any social marketing media like facebook, etc.

Call out the officers names involved and hold them as well as their departments accountable

I think if enough of us contact the media we can get some focus

(Berks County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

What if you wait over 72 hours (or whatever Philly's ordinance says) and call the police and report your firearm lost or stolen? Admit to waiting more than the required period of time before reporting it, and see if they'll charge you under Lost and Stolen

(please consult with an attorney before seriously considering this)

(Monroe County)

Who is the lawyer that is charging you a consultation fee for this? There was no crime committed by you, you were raped. This was not a "tiny" rights inconvenience, your property was stolen by a fucking police officer who, if your story is correct, committed a serious crime. Your consultation with the lawyer should be about them taking the case on contingent to sue the PPD. Get on this now, not a couple of weeks from now.

Here is a firm that has experience with firearm rights suits who does offer free consultations. Find another if this one doesn't meet your needs

WORTH, MAGEE, & FISHER
    ALLENTOWN

2610 Walbert Avenue
    Allentown, PA 18104

Telephone: (610) 437-4896
    Fax: (610) 433-3955
    LEHIGHTON **Our New Location**

1163 Interchange Road
    Suite C
    Lehighton, PA 18235

Telephone: (610) 577-0214
    Fax: (610) 577-0216
    Last edited by headcase; August 14th, 2010 at 01:09 PM.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Montgomery County)

If your facts are right (and I dont doubt they are) I think you may be able to find a civil rights lawyer willing to take the case for the payout. Im no lawyer but this looks like a plain and simple civil right violation.

Off Topic: Let's say my G19 was stolen by Police one day, it's my only sidearm and I can't afford to replace it immedaitely. Would anyone be willing to lend a temporary replacement in the meantime? I dont plan on my Glock being stolen, but with the way things have been recently, it seems like its only a matter of time.

Viper, take this case to the GOA or NRA. Turn this case into a precident.

(Delaware County)

I don't have enough knowledge or wisdom in legal matters such as these to know whether or not this would be a proverbial "slam dunk" - but if anyone knows any lawyers who would like to approach this from the civil rights point of view, please do not hesitate to put me in touch with them. I've effectively been stripped of the right to keep and bear arms, as the sidearm that was confiscated last night is my only weapon.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForwardAssist View Post
    Viper, take this case to the GOA or NRA. Turn this case into a precident.
    Don't laugh... but how about the ACLU?

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...ml#post1291669

http://aclupa.org/legal/fileacomplaint.htm

File a Complaint
    Instructions for Filing a Complaint

The ACLU of Pennsylvania is a private, non-profit membership organization. Our mission is to preserve and protect the civil liberties and civil rights guaranteed by the US Constitution, especially the principles contained in the Bill of Rights, and the Pennsylvania Constitution.

Among the issues we work on are freedom of speech, freedom of religion, government-sponsored religious activities, privacy, discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation or disability, police misconduct, censorship in schools or libraries, fairness in application of school discipline, workplace privacy, access to government documents, inhumane jail and prison conditions, and other issues of fair treatment by government.

In general, we do not handle cases that involve such things as evictions, landlord-tenant disputes, general disputes between employees and employers (for example, disputes centering on wages and hours), criminal prosecutions, divorce, child custody, or wills.

The ACLU is neither a government agency nor a general legal services organization, and we normally do not provide emergency services. We have limited resources and staff and are unable to pursue every case that comes to our attention. Requests for legal assistance should be made over the phone or in writing. In-person interviews are generally not possible, and we do not accept walk-ins. We also do not accept complaints via email.

If you believe your rights have been violated and would like to receive help from the ACLU of Pennsylvania, please read the instructions below about contacting the appropriate office. Although we try to respond to each request as quickly as possible, it may take as long as four weeks for a response due to our limited staff.

We only accept complaints regarding civil liberties violations that occurred in Pennsylvania. If you are seeking assistance for a problem that occurred in another state, please click here for a national directory of ACLU offices.

To file a complaint in writing, download the form below and return it to the office serving the county in which the incident occurred. Please attach copies of relevant paperwork, but DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS. We cannot guarantee that your information will be returned.

* Intake Form (15k PDF)

To speak to someone about your complaint, please call the appropriate office below.
    Office Address Toll Free Intake Hotline Number Counties Served
    Philadelphia Office
    PO Box 40008
    Philadelphia, PA 19106

1-877-PHL-ACLU

(745-2258)
    Philadelphia, Montgomery, Delaware, Bucks, Berks, Carbon, Chester, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Northampton, Pike, Schuylkill, Susquehanna, Wayne, Wyoming
    Out of state complaints

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I don't have enough knowledge or wisdom in legal matters such as these to know whether or not this would be a proverbial "slam dunk" - but if anyone knows any lawyers who would like to approach this from the civil rights point of view, please do not hesitate to put me in touch with them. I've effectively been stripped of the right to keep and bear arms, as the sidearm that was confiscated last night is my only weapon.
    Thats what I was ultimately afraid of. Fortunately I havent yet been in your situation and tehrefor have no experience or lawyer information to pass along all I can say is you have my support 100% and let me know if you need anything.

This is absolute bullshit. Diaherrea bullshit.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    If your facts are right (and I dont doubt they are) I think you may be able to find a civil rights lawyer willing to take the case for the payout. Im no lawyer but this looks like a plain and simple civil right violation.

Off Topic: Let's say my G19 was stolen by Police one day, it's my only sidearm and I can't afford to replace it immedaitely. Would anyone be willing to lend a temporary replacement in the meantime? I dont plan on my Glock being stolen, but with the way things have been recently, it seems like its only a matter of time.
    Buy a Hi-Point as a back up....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Buy a Hi-Point as a back up....
    I'm not familiar with Hi-point. What is it?

Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast