Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default John's Gun & Tackle Room in Easton?

Anyone have any feedback on John's Gun & Tackle Room in Easton? I need to get a membership to Easton Fish and Gaming Association and John's Gun & Tackle Room in Easton is listed as a place to get the membership. I called the shop one time and got an answering machine that the hours are 10AM until 4 or 4:30. The 4 or 4:30 part kinda threw me off considering that if I needed to get there at 4 they may be closed which would annoy me. After doing a quick search online I found a few people complaining that this shop is rude and even refused to sell guns that were clearly on display for sale. I hear that AF Boyers and the Army Navy store both in the Lehigh Valley are much better to deal with. Any feedback? So far I only purchased my guns from gun shows and accessories have all been from CTD and Midway USA.

Default Re: John's Gun & Tackle Room in Easton?

I live about five walking minutes to John's. I have been in there maybe three times in eight years. The first time was to get EF&G memberships for my son, and me. John might be a nice person, but you can't tell because of the cold shoulder he gives you. The other two times I was looking for something, and all I got was " We don't have that." If I were to have get a new membership i would go to Sandy's Sport Shop down by the Ranges. They sell a lot of reloaded bullets. It's a father and son shop. Nice people.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaldemon7 View Post
    I live about five walking minutes to John's. I have been in there maybe three times in eight years. The first time was to get EF&G memberships for my son, and me. John might be a nice person, but you can't tell because of the cold shoulder he gives you. The other two times I was looking for something, and all I got was " We don't have that." If I were to have get a new membership i would go to Sandy's Sport Shop down by the Ranges. They sell a lot of reloaded bullets. It's a father and son shop. Nice people.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't see Sandy's Sport Shop listed as a place where I can get a membership for EF&G, but it is good to know. I am thinking of joining EF&G probably early next week. I just did a search for Sandy's Sport Shop in Easton but couldn't find them. I would like to call them to find out their availability so I can pick up my membership to EF&G.
    Last edited by aferr1973; July 16th, 2010 at 12:51 PM.

They are right at the bottom of the hill before you make the right turn to go to the range. It is a house with a small sign.

I did a trade at John's many years ago. He managed to send all my paperwork off with someone else. His attitude was that I should not be worried or annoyed. My attitude was I did not need to deal anymore with someone that careless. As he was quick to point out, my gun was never in any real danger, but this other unknown person had enough of my personal information to get his own identity cards. There are enough other places in the Lehigh Valley to go where you won't be subjected to both incompetence and a bad attitude.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I did a trade at John's many years ago. He managed to send all my paperwork off with someone else. His attitude was that I should not be worried or annoyed. My attitude was I did not need to deal anymore with someone that careless. As he was quick to point out, my gun was never in any real danger, but this other unknown person had enough of my personal information to get his own identity cards. There are enough other places in the Lehigh Valley to go where you won't be subjected to both incompetence and a bad attitude.
    Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll stick with AF Boyer's and the Army Navy store for now in the Lehigh Valley...

Another is Meyers Gun Shop in Point Philips near Klecknersville.

(Northampton County)

I finally got my EF&G membership from John's last Saturday. I was looking for a 10/22, but he didn't have the one I wanted. He has tons of used guns, but he didn't have any that I wanted.