Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 3 OC Encounters for the Holiday weekend...

I don't post about all of my OC encounters, but I these are/were worth mentioning. All 3 encounters happened at the same location about 5 minutes apart.

I went to Best Buy today. I was there to buy some Anti-Virus software and a Bugs Bunny DVD for my daughter. (she discovered this weekend that she loves looney tunes) I was OC with my 1911 and making my way to the computer aisle. I stopped to look at the laptops on my way to the software section and I see another guy OCing a Glock...

Encounter 1-

OC guy: Nice grips (I have Punisher grips on my 1911)
    Me: Thanks... I never see anyone OC around here, are you from Allentown
    OC guy: Yes, I moved here a few years ago...Grew up near Doyelstown... I live in Salisbury now
    Me: So do I...are you on PAFOA?
    OC guy: I used to be...got perma-banned about 6 months ago..the mods over there didn't seem to appreciate my sense of humor...
    Me: That sucks... [joking] are you here to get a new computer so the mods don't know it is you?
    OC guy: [laughs] No, I get to spend more time doing other shit... been hanging around at OC.org
    Me: I never really got into that site... maybe I will check it out

As we were finishing up our discussion, one of the employees approached us...

Encounter 2-

BB guy: Can I help you officers?
    OC guy: I am not a cop and no I found everything I need, thanks..[walks away]
    Me: Yes, I need some Anti-Virus software and I am also not a cop...
    BB guy: Ok, well then let's get you some AV software...

As I was talking with the store employee, I saw this guy walk by staring at my hip. Then I saw him again less than a minute later... and again a minute or so after that. The BB guy talked me into getting webroot and I was on my way to the DVD section...

Encounter 3 -

CS guy (crazy stalker guy): Hey buddy, you better have a badge to go with that pistol...
    Me: What?
    CS guy: Only cops can carry guns in public, so you better show me a badge or you will be arrested...
    Me: by whom?
    CS guy: By me... I am an off duty cop, now show me a badge or you will be arrested...
    Me: Dude, you're not a cop... You ain't even old enough to buy cigarettes... If you are a cop, then you must have had the Open Carry Training... you know where they teach you about OC being legal in Pa?
    CS guy: Open Carry? Legal? Bullshit, let me see your badge...Only cops can carry guns in public, PERIOD...
    Me: Dude, I am not a cop... I take it you are not a cop in Pa???
    CS guy: I am a Military Police officer and I have the authority to detain you until local LEOs arrive...
    Me: You don't have the authority to do shit off post...that's why they make you turn in your badge and pistol when your shift ends...so why don't you give me the phone number to your 1SG or Commander so I can call and talk to them??? What is your rank and name?
    CS guy: FUCK YOU...[and stormed out of the building]

Nothing worse than an 18 year old with a badge....Knowing my luck, I will be driving on post somewhere in the near future and have another encounter with this guy... I am guessing the next encounter will not end in my favor though.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: 3 OC Encounters for the Holiday weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I don't post about all of my OC encounters, but I these are/were worth mentioning. All 3 encounters happened at the same location about 5 minutes apart.

I went to Best Buy today. I was there to buy some Anti-Virus software and a Bugs Bunny DVD for my daughter. (she discovered this weekend that she loves looney tunes) I was OC with my 1911 and making my way to the computer aisle. I stopped to look at the laptops on my way to the software section and I see another guy OCing a Glock...

Encounter 1-

OC guy: Nice grips (I have Punisher grips on my 1911)
    Me: Thanks... I never see anyone OC around here, are you from Allentown
    OC guy: Yes, I moved here a few years ago...Grew up near Doyelstown... I live in Salisbury now
    Me: So do I...are you on PAFOA?
    OC guy: I used to be...got perma-banned about 6 months ago..the mods over there didn't seem to appreciate my sense of humor...
    Me: That sucks... [joking] are you here to get a new computer so the mods don't know it is you?
    OC guy: [laughs] No, I get to spend more time doing other shit... been hanging around at OC.org
    Me: I never really got into that site... maybe I will check it out

As we were finishing up our discussion, one of the employees approached us...

Encounter 2-

BB guy: Can I help you officers?
    OC guy: I am not a cop and no I found everything I need, thanks..[walks away]
    Me: Yes, I need some Anti-Virus software and I am also not a cop...
    BB guy: Ok, well then let's get you some AV software...

As I was talking with the store employee, I saw this guy walk by staring at my hip. Then I saw him again less than a minute later... and again a minute or so after that. The BB guy talked me into getting webroot and I was on my way to the DVD section...

Encounter 3 -

CS guy (crazy stalker guy): Hey buddy, you better have a badge to go with that pistol...
    Me: What?
    CS guy: Only cops can carry guns in public, so you better show me a badge or you will be arrested...
    Me: by whom?
    CS guy: By me... I am an off duty cop, now show me a badge or you will be arrested...
    Me: Dude, you're not a cop... You ain't even old enough to buy cigarettes... If you are a cop, then you must have had the Open Carry Training... you know where they teach you about OC being legal in Pa?
    CS guy: Open Carry? Legal? Bullshit, let me see your badge...Only cops can carry guns in public, PERIOD...
    Me: Dude, I am not a cop... I take it you are not a cop in Pa???
    CS guy: I am a Military Police officer and I have the authority to detain you until local LEOs arrive...
    Me: You don't have the authority to do shit off post...that's why they make you turn in your badge and pistol when your shift ends...so why don't you give me the phone number to your 1SG or Commander so I can call and talk to them??? What is your rank and name?
    CS guy: FUCK YOU...[and stormed out of the building]

Nothing worse than an 18 year old with a badge....Knowing my luck, I will be driving on post somewhere in the near future and have another encounter with this guy... I am guessing the next encounter will not end in my favor though.

Ah encounter #3 aren't they just special

(Berks County)

that's hilarious. what's that thing 'they' say about putting a regular person in uniform and they become 'x' times more aggressive and authoritative? i guess it applies to a lot of people even after they take off the uniform.

good job being appropriately and equally as aggressive right back to that asshole. he was obviously trying to be a hard ass and push some weight around and once he realized he had no ground to stand on he just caved. +rep to you!

(Northampton County)

Holy shit. That's crazy.

I recently witnessed a non-NCO enlisted man trying to dress down some uniformed guys in public. The guys were just trying to go about their business, and completely unrelated to his unit. It was really painful to watch.

Not the first time I have seen this by far. I think some people in the military react improperly to the instillation of discipline. I think they learn that the only way to get respect is through authority, and try to exercise it at every spurious chance. In other words, they're assholes.

(Allegheny County)

Awesome best buy is OC friendly

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GetITCdot View Post
    Awesome best buy is OC friendly
    No place is OC friendly, except perhaps some gun shops, etc. There are OC unfriendly places (so I have heard) and there are normal places.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Holy shit. That's crazy.

I recently witnessed a non-NCO enlisted man trying to dress down some uniformed guys in public. The guys were just trying to go about their business, and completely unrelated to his unit. It was really painful to watch.

Not the first time I have seen this by far. I think some people in the military react improperly to the instillation of discipline. I think they learn that the only way to get respect is through authority, and try to exercise it at every spurious chance. In other words, they're assholes.
    I really thought about NOT posting this story... I'm not fond of pointing out faults of guys in the military... but this guy was such a douche bag, I had to share.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    No place is OC friendly, except perhaps some gun shops, etc. There are OC unfriendly places (so I have heard) and there are normal places.
    Is your glass half empty, or half full?

Love to see this , Unarmed person detains armed person.... That young man needs a piss test ....
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Monroe County)

I am sorry that it is not acceptable for you to have beat that guy's ass into jelly. I really do hope you run into him on post and then inform him that you will be filing a report about the 8^ asshat impersonating a law enforcement officer, which I believe is a crime in this Commonwealth.

Thank you for posting this, and all the other encounters you have shared.

HC

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast