Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default possible incident avoided by Hotwheels

this just happened less than 5 minutes ago.

just to give you a general idea of our area: we live out in the country on a dead end road. mostly older people live here. our house is the first house you get to once you turn onto our road and the last house you pass when you leave. our police response time is 15+ minutes so we're on our own.
    tonight i will again sleep on the couch with my M4 and dog.

here i am surfing Pafoa and i hear a car door open outside my house (time 01:32) i have a lamp turned on beside me so i turn off the lamp and computer moniter. i make my way to the window and i hear footsteps up the gravel driveway. i look and can see the cherry of a cigarette moving around heading toward my truck and my wifes car.

i quickly move from the window heading for the bedroom to get one of my guns and my surefire light. on the way there i trip over my sons dump truck full of hotwheels cars making a loud crash. i get to the bedroom grap the Benelli M4 and my surefire light, head back to the livingroom just in time to see a car leaving our street. i go out and check our vehicles and nothing is opened, both vehicles were locked up.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Default Re: possible incident avoided

Wow that sounds intense! Did you get a plate #? what kind of vehicle was it?
    I would say install motion flood lights around your house...
    Stay safe!
    ΑΣΦ

(Allegheny County)

we are 200 yards up from the intersection of the main road. all i saw were headlights and tail lights turning onto the main road from our road. i do have flood lights that turn on when by our vehicles but the person must have been just outside the sensor when i tripped over the toys.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Berks County)

Forget the m4 or be benelli.

Just put the dumptruck and hotwheels in the driveway.

Hotwheels...leading the way!
    The truth may be out there but the lies are inside your head -Terry Pratchett

Default Re: possible incident avoided by Hotwheels

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    thank god you and your family is alright....you probally should have fired some warning shots in the air to make sure they don't come back when your not there to protect your family.
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS ILLEGAL AND SOOOOOOOOO DANGEROUS!

Renegade,
    Thank goodness everything is A-okay! Lets just hope he wasn't there for trouble but, just came to the wrong address. Hopefully he won't be back.

I'm wondering if they'll ban hot wheels now? Cause you know.....they scare folks.
    Last edited by Michele; April 27th, 2009 at 03:40 AM.

thank god you and your family is alright....you probally should have fired some warning shots in the air to make sure they don't come back when your not there to protect your family.
    Really bad Idea Mickey... You just cant seem to give any good advice can you?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Monroe County)

thank god you and your family is alright....[B]you probally should have fired some warning shots in the air[B/] to make sure they don't come back when your not there to protect your family.
    WELL NOW! That has got to be the DUMBEST advise I've ever heard!

So you feel that in an attempt to show you are RAMBO The great protector, you should fire warning shots in the air? UMM What goes up MUST come down so who will stay with your family while YOU sit in the local jail triing to figure out WHY you were charged with a laundry list of offenses I'm sure will include Reckless endangerment as well as Endangering the wellfare of others or maybe they would go easy on you and just charge you with blatent stupidity!!

I think they call it COMMON SENSE! You should step away from the firearms and get some of that first!

Rich W.

Reported, really not a bright idea to suggest one shoot a gun as warning... Good thing RP is smart enough to know better then to do this...

Ps how expensive are hotwheels these days, they seem to do a good job. My dogs are the noise makers here, but they bark at stray cats and bunnies too...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Unless there's something specific that they are after this is most likely a random attempt. I don't know your economic level or what you might collect but pros don't go random, nor would they drive up to your house or smoke while doing so. I doubt they'll be back, your reaction time scared the crap out of them. I'm very glad this went well for you, hot wheels or no. Ya done good. But yeah, stay vigilant.
    Too bad ya didn't let off a few in the air, then jumped in the truck and chased them down with a couple in their tires, maybe blow out their rear window or sumptin.
    Mickey, PLEASE, go get some training. I swear your looking at this all wrong. I doubt your going to get rid of your guns but it's a sure bet your going to lose them because you don't have a clue your screwing up and the law will take them. Before that happens go learn the right way. Then we won't stomp on you but welcome you back with open arms. I'm sure if you get this figured out the members here will give you the slap on your back, way to go kid, smiley faces you'll have earned.
    Last edited by ErSwnn; April 27th, 2009 at 08:43 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Unless there's something specific that they are after this is most likely a random attempt. I don't know your economic level or what you might collect but pros don't go random, nor would they drive up to your house or smoke while doing so. I doubt they'll be back, your reaction time scared the crap out of them. I'm very glad this went well for you, hot wheels or no. Ya done good. But yeah, stay vigilant.
    Too bad ya didn't let off a few in the air, then jumped in the truck and chased them down with a couple in their tires, maybe blow out their rear window or sumptin.
    Mickey, PLEASE, go get some training. I swear your looking at this all wrong. I doubt your going to get rid of your guns but it's a sure bet your going to lose them because you don't have a clue your screwing up and the law will take them. Before that happens go learn the right way. Then we won't stomp on you but welcome you back with open arms. I'm sure if you get this figured out the members here will give you the slap on your back, way to go kid, smiley faces you'll have earned.
    Then again, maybe all of us won't *Stripes reference

This dude has some serious problems. He is very likely going to get rid of his guns, just not in the way he wants to.

RP,

Glad you didn't have to find out what was out there. Stay safe.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast