Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Went to a new Dr.

My knee has been bothering me something fierce as of late. And being that I haven't been to a Dr. in more years then I can remember "maybe 15 yrs". So we have found a new guy, because he was recommend by someone I know and more important is the fact that he has evening hours.

So we have to fill out all the regular questionnaires.

1. Are you allergic to anything? She puts no.

2. Do you wear a seat belt? She puts no.

3. Do you have any guns in the house, and are they accessible to children? She blurts out none of your damned business and leaves it blank.

He examines my knee and tells me it looks like arthritis "no duh". The question is what are you going to do about it. So he tells me to take some Tylenol for the pain, and we should maybe take an x ray.

Then before we leave the wife proclaims that he should do a blood test, for diabetes and cholesterol and stuff like that. He hasn't had one in a while "like never".

Little does the wife know I don't think I wanna go for the x ray or the blood test.

Did I mention I don't like Dr's.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Went to a new Dr.

wonder why they asked if you have guns and if they are accesible to children does that have anything to do with your knee?it might have something to do with pain medication...Dr wont prescribe Narcotics if he knows you have firearms...simple say no.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    wonder why they asked if you have guns and if they are accesible to children does that have anything to do with your knee?it might have something to do with pain medication...Dr wont prescribe Narcotics if he knows you have firearms...simple say no.
    Why do they need to know if you wear a seat belt? Again nothing to do with Knee.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    3. Do you have any guns in the house, and are they accessible to children? She blurts out none of your damned business and leaves it blank.

I can hear her saying that as I am reading. lol

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

(York County)

Talking Re: Went to a new Dr.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Why do they need to know if you wear a seat belt? Again nothing to do with Knee.
    So that he knows your safe while driving around on the Narcotics he prescribed. - LOL
    Rehab is for quitters!!

(Monroe County)

I have never seen these weird assed questionnaires? I would just leave them blank.. or put something wiseassed in there

Hope the knee gets better man

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Elk County)

4. Have you ever wanted to move to California and start a Go-Kart track?
    5. How may times a day do you find yourself using the word "onion".
    6. If you had to choose between white and wheat bread and were given rye how would you cut your hair?
    7. Does this question make me look fat?
    8. Seriously, do you wear a seat belt? I am going to watch you when you pull out of the parking lot and I will know if you lying.
    9. Apple is to molybdenum as Halogenated hydrocarbons are to what?
    10. Seriously do these questions make make look fat? I don't feel fat, but I worry.

Draw smiley faces or pictures of rocket ships in any questions you don't feel like answering.

I think the questions have more to do with you being a new patient more than anything else, coupled with the intrusive nature of the insurance companies. When we started with our current medical group, I got a list of the same questions. When I got to the gun part, I left it blank. I mentioned it to the lady who saw me, and she said, yeah, a lot of people around here don't fill that one out. I went on to say that the questionnaire did not ask me how many chainsaws I owned, or if I had a swimming pool, or if we had a lot of knives in the kitchen. She laughed and said not to worry, they did not care if we did not fill it out. If they had, I would not be there.

Amazing how much stupid info they try and get out of you these days .... thank heavens we have been seeing the same doc for some time now. To top it off he (my doctor) is a MAJOR libertarian, hates and refuses to join the AMA (calls them blood sucking leaches) and just loves talking politics with me ... I even bet (though I have never mentioned it) he'd get into talking about guns.

(Luzerne County)

So this dr sent me for an xray and blood test. They called yesterday, with the results. The cholesteral is ok. They confirmed that I have osteoarthritis in my knee. They said that I can take some physical therapy to help it out. The wife took the call so I should call back to find out times that the therapy would be availabel. It seems that no one does evening or weekend hours anymore. I don't want to miss time from work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast