Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default my OC Log

well, i decided to start my own OC thread.

5-9-09:
    OC a little around Squirrel Hill in the afternoon, no problems

OCed with Mr. &Mrs. EmptyMag to Luccis for dinner, no problem.

hit the Delmont wally world. walked in got a buggy, headed back to sporting goods. on the way back, an Employee starts yelling "hey you, hey you"

i turn around and he pats his hip and says " you need to Cover that Up"

i pull my shirt over it for a second and then think hey, no i don't need tocover it, i already had this discussion with management before.

i uncover and motion for the employee to come over.

i tell him that i know what wally world policy is on OC. that they follow the law of the state.

he then tells me that "in PA you have to conceal your firearm, that's why they call it a CONCEALED carry permit."

i then proceed to tell him "PA doesn't have a CCP, they have a LTCF and nowhere on the LTCF does it say it needs to be concealed." i gave him one of the fliers, and asked if they have any ammo instock. they said they just got some 9mm in and it was in the back. another employee who i know shows me the stock report and then the computer screen showing it instock

while i'm waiting for them to bring the case of ammo out a manager walks by and asked if i needed anything.

i told him no that someone was getting me something out of the back that came in.
    he said they didn't receive a truck today and that the stock guys would not be coming back out.

i told him that their inventory showed ammo being received in tonight.

he said that they would not bring any ammo out for me no matter how long i wait.

i will be sending a nice letter/e-mail to corp about this.

other than an arogant manager it was a good OC day
    Last edited by renegadephoenix; August 29th, 2009 at 11:45 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: RenegadePhoenix's OC thread

Nailed the manager in an instant lie.

'We didn't get a truck today"? Utter bullshit. The slowest mao-mart in the country gets half-a-dozen a day.

I hope that manager isn't very comfortable in that store.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Allegheny County)

Whats with these asshat Walmart managers?

(Lackawanna County)

I'm pretty sure it's a job requirement...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I once had trapping permission given to me from a Walmart manager guy, to trap on his families farmland. He later turned into a total a-hole for me bringing a guest a 2nd time on the farm. He never said a word about guest #1 ( yes he saw me with the person that time too), but made a huge fuss about guest #2. I think it had more to do with me catching 1 of the millions of feral cats his crazy old grandma had. The day before I caught a cat in a WATER set, but I let it go. Anyway, this guy was a total jerkwod anyway. I removed 11 raccoons, 1 possum, 1 muskrat, and 1 fox before getting the boot. I was thinking afterwards " I hope coyotes come onto their farm and eat all those damn feral cats".
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post

5-9-09:

... (snip)...
    I have to say that this was the first time I've been in a restaurant with someone OCing. While I OC around the neighborhood(walking the dog with my wife), I've only been in a few places of business while openly carrying so I was unsure of what to expect. I was carrying concealed that night.

This place is an Italian restaurant on one side and a bar/take-out orders on the other. A popular place for families as noted by the multiple tables with children all around us. RenegadePheonix was seated with his sidearm facing out and I didn't notice any pointing, whispering, or any indication that it had even been seen. Perhaps nobody saw it. Perhaps they did and didn't care? My wife was curious to see what reactions she would observe. She told me the next day that she hadn't noticed any reaction to "it" either.

Just thought I'd throw that in from the viewpoint of two other people who were present.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Thanks EM, this was the first time i had eaten at this restaurant and didn't know their policy. turns out my brother knows one of the owners. i'll continue to OC there.

BTW, Luccis has GREAT FOOD!!!! and not expensive at all!

located on Rt. 130 just outside of Harrison City, 1/4 mile east from the intersection of Rt. 130 and Pleasant Valley Rd.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post

5-9-09:

hit the Delmont wally world. walked in got a buggy, headed back to sporting goods. on the way back, an Employee starts yelling "hey you, hey you"

i turn around and he pats his hip and says " you need to Cover that Up"

i pull my shirt over it for a second and then think hey, no i don't need tocover it, i already had this discussion with management before.

i uncover and motion for the employee to come over.

i tell him that i know what wally world policy is on OC. that they follow the law of the state.

he then tells me that "in PA you have to conceal your firearm, that's why they call it a CONCEALED carry permit."

i then proceed to tell him "PA doesn't have a CCP, they have a LTCF and nowhere on the LTCF does it say it needs to be concealed." i gave him one of the fliers, and asked if they have any ammo instock. they said they just got some 9mm in and it was in the back. another employee who i know shows me the stock report and then the computer screen showing it instock

while i'm waiting for them to bring the case of ammo out a manager walks by and asked if i needed anything.

i told him no that someone was getting me something out of the back that came in.
    he said they didn't receive a truck today and that the stock guys would not be coming back out.

i told him that their inventory showed ammo being received in tonight.

he said that they would not bring any ammo out for me no matter how long i wait.

i will be sending a nice letter/e-mail to corp about this.

other than an arogant manager it was a good OC day
    Do you happen to remember the manager's name? I would like to include it in the contact I make. The utter audacity of this scumbag just pisses me off....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Allegheny County)

no, but you can narrow it down to mid 30s, 5'9" short brown hair, gotee/mustache. walking with a female manager around 22:40 hours.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

spoke with the asst. manager of the Delmont Walmart today. i received an appalogy and when they receive in WWB 9mm i am to be called up and a case of it set aside.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast