Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You're not going to shoot me, are you?

Another story to tell of guns and people, and the interactions between people...

Tonight we had a house call from a lady who came highly recommended as a dog trainer.After the first session with her, I think the people who referred her are right. But anyway, in anticipation of her arrival, I placed my trusty Sig Sauer, which is usually on my hip, in the safe. Based on her relationship with the people who recommended her, I was pretty sure she would be anti gun, and I did not want to cause her any undue fear coming into my home. But just in case she had any ideas of overpowering me, I have my equally trusty Kel Tec PF 9 in my pocket. I may be accommodating, but I ain't stupid.

She arrived, and we talked for a while with Jester the bad dog running around loose. He settled down a bit and we had started his first training session. After a few basics, and after Mrs. Plinker arrived home, we decided to move to the shop and do some indoors training, where we could maintain a little more control over the dog. As I walked past her car, the bumper stickers on the rear caught my eye, and I stopped to read them. As soon as I did, she stopped too, and in genuine concern, with big round eyes, asked me if I was going to shoot her!

"No!" was my reply. "Where would you get an idea like that?"

"Did you hear about the woman down south who was visiting a man, and when he saw her Obama sticker, he held a gun to her head and forced her to listen to a big long list of everything that is wrong with Obama?"

"No, but I wouldn't do that anyway. See, I left my gun inside so as not to scare you". (as I pointed to my empty holster)

I didn't think it was possible, but her eyes got even bigger! She hadn't even noticed my holster until I pointed it out.

But she calmed down a little, and we proceeded into the shop with the dog, as well as the entire Plinker family. She went on to say that she was a little nervous with the stickers she had on the car. I told her she had complete political freedom here, even if I would not agree with everything she had to say - about politics. As it turned out, we had similar views on a lot of things. I can't see how she can be voting for Osama. The good news is, we have someone who is going to come to the house over the next few weeks to help me train the dog, and she got to see, and will continue to see, that there are people in this world who carry guns as a daily thing and don't go around pointing them at people without real cause.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: You're not going to shoot me, are you?

wow how funny ( and awkward ) was that ?? lol

glad it turned out well...
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    ..... But just in case she had any ideas of overpowering me.....
    I may be going out on a limb here...........but........... I just cant picture this at all.

You'd think she would have one for herself in case she has a viscious rottwieler attack her.

What's up with your dog? What's her training philosophy (treats, clicker, etc.)? I'm trying to cure a jumping problem over here.

(Lehigh County)

I think I might have paid her back in like coin:

"You're not going to shoot me, are you?"

"What, over the Obama sticker?! Heck no! It makes perfect sense to me that a dog trainer would vote for the candidate most likely to make this country go to the dogs."

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    I may be going out on a limb here...........but........... I just cant picture this at all.
    I am sure it wouldn't be the first time a woman has overpowered him. My friend Bill is way too polite to interrupt a woman while she was overpowering him. I'm sure it has happened before, and the pocket pistol was for anyone who might think to take advantage of him while he was tied up

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Luzerne County)

Good story. Hows the dog doing?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(York County)

I did not hear about some dirty mean and nasty gun owner putting a bad old gun to the peace loving, caring recycling Obama supporter anywhere. And with out non partisan media who only want a free and fair election I can not believe that they would not cover such a story.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Berks County)

What NY Refugee said. I have yet to hear of a story of a guy holding a woman at gunpoint to hear a laundry list about Obama. Did this happen, or is this more leftist propaganda?

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    You'd think she would have one for herself in case she has a viscious rottwieler attack her.

What's up with your dog? What's her training philosophy (treats, clicker, etc.)? I'm trying to cure a jumping problem over here.
    What isn't his problem might be an easier question to answer. He has a few, although he has some very good points too. She has a pocket full of doggie treats, and bought off the dog very quickly. She thinks he is part chow, so that adds to his unpredictability she says. It also makes him a chow hound so the treats should work well with him.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Good story. Hows the dog doing?
    He's doing a lot better. As you might remember, he is a rescue dog. He's finally settled down with us, but he has this idea that he is supposed to bite anyone who comes to the house. With all the people who show up here - friend's, family, customers, students, - Mikey - he has gone after quite a few, and when anyone shows up, his fur is up from stem to stern and all the teeth are out. Poor Mikey almost lost his wiener on his first visit! He also has a lot of pup left in him, so life is one big playground for him.

We started with basic commands, and he is picking stuff up real quick. I've got the behavioral background, but not the specific techniques, so it was some good instruction for me as well. When she came in the shop she saw a couple of cherry bowls which are destined for another member here, and got all excited about trading with me - until she saw the price tag. But I told her we could work something out.

She and I had very similar opinions on things like feminism, the sad state of the public school system, child raising, etc. It is beyond me how she is an Osama Obama adherent. I'm going to start working on her as to why women need to own and carry guns. I think she may be receptive if I approach it slowly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast