Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default First extended OC experience with a friend this weekend

A friend and I decided to OC this weekend. We were both carrying XDSC 9mm, his bi-tone silver/black and mine OD Green.

We first went to Red Robin in Yardley, PA. Had a nice dinner and no hassle whatsoever. Next up was Dave & Busters for some gaming. Spent all night there until 2am and again, no issues at all.

Fast forward to Saturday, we headed out to Cabelas. Stopped at a rest area on 78 and used the restrooms/common area. Again no issues or comments. Once we got to Cabelas, we spent a good 3 hours browsing and buying. With the exception of a few little kids that took obvious notice, only one gentleman mentioned anything, and he was supportive and surprised that it was "allowed." Said he was from NJ. We filled him in on some PA laws, and he thanked us. The Cabelas employee at the knife counter near us also chimed in on its legality (we cleared up the fact that you do not need a LTCF to open carry).

All in all, a great first extended OC experience. As expected, we learned that most people don't even notice.

Thanks!

Chris & Jeff

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default Re: First extended OC experience with a friend this weekend

But hopefully you have LTCFs for carry during the drive.................

(Bucks County)

Yeah, I've been carrying concealed for 5 years.

Chris

(Somerset County)

For the most part that will be the norm , as well it should.
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaka View Post
    A friend and I decided to OC this weekend. We were both carrying XDSC 9mm, his bi-tone silver/black and mine OD Green.

We first went to Red Robin in Yardley, PA. Had a nice dinner and no hassle whatsoever. Next up was Dave & Busters for some gaming. Spent all night there until 2am and again, no issues at all.

Fast forward to Saturday, we headed out to Cabelas. Stopped at a rest area on 78 and used the restrooms/common area. Again no issues or comments. Once we got to Cabelas, we spent a good 3 hours browsing and buying. With the exception of a few little kids that took obvious notice, only one gentleman mentioned anything, and he was supportive and surprised that it was "allowed." Said he was from NJ. We filled him in on some PA laws, and he thanked us. The Cabelas employee at the knife counter near us also chimed in on its legality (we cleared up the fact that you do not need a LTCF to open carry).

All in all, a great first extended OC experience. As expected, we learned that most people don't even notice.

Thanks!

Chris & Jeff
    Good report. As 1861 said, way it almost always is.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaka View Post

Thanks!

Chris & Jeff
    +1 rep sent, glad to hear of your non confrontational day!

mikey0086