Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default The Coming Collapse - What is the good side?

Devaluing dollar, multiple wars, Obama and ACORN, the corrupt gov't, Glenn Beck, journalism and MSM as a propaganda tool, yadda yadda yadda. Everyone is talking about the BAD STUFF that is coming if the US government, as we know it, collapses. Well, what about the good stuff that could happen? Your thoughts?

Default Re: The Coming Collapse - What is the good side?

Hopefully like a forest fire the growth that returns will be stronger and healthier, but I don’t have the faith enough of my fellow citizens will care much. Like always the quick band aide approach will be preferred by most.
    Last edited by God's Country; June 22nd, 2009 at 11:33 AM.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Northampton County)

Hard reset, revert to pre-existing permanent hard-wired program (Constitution), install programs as necessary...

Otherwise, invest in foreign currency and fly over the thundering crash the dollar is going to make...just my opinion
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Allegheny County)

If the government collapses, I can't see anything good coming from it. No military. No courts. No highway funding. No medical research. Airports will shut down. Trains might keep running because they don't depen on the government. Runaway inflation because of no faith in the monetary system.

(Chester County)

Depending on the severity of civil unrest...my ass may go to the woods and hunker down for awhile. For anything good to come out of it I think we would need a bunch of like minded, constitutional believing folks to band together to make any kind of change.

As a sidenote...how do you keep coming back GoldWinger? It seems like every other day your signature says BANNED.???

***I see I didn't really answer the question...Something good that would come out of total collapse...I guess I would be able to hunt and fish without a liscence, I could probably do my normal speed on the roads and not get a fine, I would finally be able to grow weed without any reprocussions...I think it would be a pretty good time as long as we did not get attacked by another country.
    Last edited by Spishack357; June 22nd, 2009 at 01:02 PM.

(Monroe County)

The more I think about it, the more I see something akin to the world pictured in the Dark Angel tv series. Urban areas tightly controlled by whatever sham powerplay winds up controlling the military, and very rural areas pretty much left up to their own designs and labeled as "Free Areas". We become a step above a third world country, with the potential to eventually reform at least some places into what we feel we were supposed to be all along...

Just my .02

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I see something akin to the world pictured in the Dark Angel tv series. Urban areas tightly controlled by whatever sham powerplay winds up controlling the military, and very rural areas pretty much left up to their own designs and labeled as "Free Areas". We become a step above a third world country, with the potential to eventually reform at least some places into what we feel we were supposed to be all along...

Just my .02
    That is more or less what I see as well (except I never saw Dark Angel). Those of us that are in the country will be very fortunate, while those in the cities are going to be in, at first, war zones, and then, tightly secured military and police controlled zones. It's the foragers heading out into the country that we're going to have trouble with, though.

(Lehigh County)

Hard reset, revert to pre-existing permanent hard-wired program (Constitution), install programs as necessary...
    Revert back to a document that has history has shown to be eminently corruptible (through a la mode 'interpretation') and indeed... in the finest bizarro-world fashion... then used to countermand the very principles to which its original authors adhered?

We're going to have to do better than that.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    Revert back to a document that has history has shown to be eminently corruptible (through a la mode 'interpretation') and indeed... in the finest bizarro-world fashion... then used to countermand the very principles to which its original authors adhered?

We're going to have to do better than that.
    I see it the same as hiring different contractors to build a building...the foundation contractors built a damn good foundation, but we brought in the lowest bidder (initially) who took kickbacks, used inferior materials, and dragged out the project at great cost. Meanwhile, the regulators took the contractors word that things would work better than the tried and true methods, and never looked back, until the whole thing tumbled down.

Moral: When the building collapses, don't blame the foundation guys, just watch what everyone else is doing when they rebuild it and the minute something is wrong speak up...
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Lehigh County)

Moral: When the building collapses, don't blame the foundation guys, just watch what everyone else is doing when they rebuild it and the minute something is wrong speak up...
    Two major assumptions which are, IMNSHO, far too sweeping for the comfort of any but the most reckless 'long odds' gambler:

1) The foundation was not the cause of, or significant contributor to, the collapse.

2) The rebuilders will somehow be immune to the foibles of the previous builders and themselves "do it right" the second time around.

/History doesn't give Mulligans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast