Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Disgraceful - A Must Read

TAKE A FEW MOMENTS AND READ THIS LETTER. THESE ARE STRONG, POWERFUL AND COURAGEOUS WORDS COMING FROM A RETIRED COLONEL.

AND READ WHAT LINCOLN HAD TO SAY AT THE END.
    WOW!

33 Senators Voted Against English as America 's Official Language onJune 6, 2007.

On Wed. 6 June 2007 23:35:23 - 0500 Colonel Harry Riley , USA , Ret wrote:

Senators:
    Your vote against an amendment to the immigration Bill 1348......to make English America's official language is astounding.

On D-Day, no less, when we honor those that sacrificed in order to secure the bedrock, character and principles of America , I can only surmise your vote reflects a loyalty to illegal aliens.

I don't much care where you come from. What your religion is. Whether you're black, white, or some other color...male or female......Democrat, Republican or Independent....... But I do care when you are a United States Senator representing Citizens of America ....and Vote against English as the official language of the United States .

Your vote reflects Betrayal. Political Surrender. Violates Your Pledge of Allegiance. Dishonors historical principle. Rejects Patriotism. Borders on traitorous action and, in my opinion, makes you unfit to serve as a United States Senator...impeachment... Recall........Or other appropriate action is warranted or worse.

Four of you voting against English as America 's Official Language are Presidential Candidates: Senator Biden, Senator Clinton, Senator Dodd and Senator Obama.

Four Senators vying to lead America, but won't or
    Don't have the courage to cast a vote in favor of "English" as America 's Official Language when 91% of American Citizens want English officially designated as our language.

This is the second time in the last several months this list of Senators have disgraced themselves as "policital Hacks"...... Unworthy as Senators and certainly unqualified to serve as President of the United States .

If America is as angry as I am, you will realize a backlash so stunning it will literally "rock you out of your panties"......... And preferably totally out of the United States Senate.

The entire immigration bill is a farce... Your action only confirms this really isn't about America .....it is about self-serving politics......despicable at best. It has been said:

"Never Argue with an Idiot....They'll drag you down to their level!"

PRESIDENT ABRAHAM LINCOLN

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or Hanged!!!

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Disgraceful - A Must Read

In a nutshell;

Making English the "official" language of the U.S. has no bearing on illegal immigration. This country was founded on the principle of it's citizens being able to have freedom from oppression. Forcing someone to speak one language over another is oppressive. We are and always should be a nation of mixed races, creeds, and beliefs. That is going to mean differences. Differences in customs, dress, language, and religion. If you don't like that someone doesn't speak the same language as you, don't interact with them. If an employer denies you a job based on your inability to speak a certain language, do not allow him to be sued. If you come across a situation where you are forced to deal with someone who speaks a different language, show tolerance or ask for someone else to help you. Lincoln's quote has nothing to do with this. I'm not saying that those mentioned have not caused a weakening of moral, but not in this particular case.......

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Cambria County)

(Wayne County)

Talking Re: Disgraceful - A Must Read

I have no issue with anyone speaking their native language at any time to anyone that understands them, being of German descent I wish I had taken the time to learn German to converse with some relatives who now as they get older find it easier to speak German and English mixed. I do however feel that any American citizen should also be able and willing to speak English and it should be the official language of the United States. jmho

(Northampton County)

Forcing someone to speak one language over another is oppressive.
    BS..it's not oppressive & any immigrant who doesn't want to learn English should go back to their nation of origin.

This country was founded on the principle of it's citizens being able to have freedom from oppression.
    That's not the issue here.

If you don't like that someone doesn't speak the same language as you, don't interact with them.
    I DON"T. AND...I don't believe my tax dollars should be spent on accomodating people who won't learn English,which should be the language of government. I've seen a publication in Spanish that listed all the social services (freebies given away at taxpayer's expense) that PA offers to people. Should we print it also in Polish...Rusian..Korean...Chinese??? I don't think Spanish speaking people are any better or worse than any other group so it's only fair if we accomodate one language we should do so for others.

Differences in customs, dress, language, and religion.
    In the past it was called assimilation. Without this the nation will be divided.
    Dress how you want. Worship as you want. Cook as you want. IN YOUR HOME,speak whatever language you want. Don't however expect the USA to change for you. What unites us should be our language....ENGLISH.
    Last edited by reverserboy; March 17th, 2008 at 07:15 AM.

(York County)

Just so you know this isnt me typing , it was an email I got that I pasted into the thread ......... Im not gonna express how I feel about immigrants so I dont pisss anyone off , youve heard me say that about leo's before too I just feel that I am becoming A minority ..../ I mean when I am a white american and have to check the box that says "other" on an application , wich I had to do , it pisses me off to no end. I'll be quite now

(Northumberland County)

Making english the official language of the united states would save millions of tax dollars a year by not having to print US government documents in other languages.

Making english the official language also wouldn't force anyone to learn english. It would just inconvenience them when they need to deal with the US government.

Private businesses would still have the ability to print things in other languages if they catered to people who speak and read other languages... so this would NOT be an oppressive move at all.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 40twist View Post

PRESIDENT ABRAHAM LINCOLN

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or Hanged!!!
    As some posters here would say... but we are not at War.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Drew View Post
    Making English the official language of the united states would save millions of tax dollars a year by not having to print US government documents in other languages.

Making English the official language also wouldn't force anyone to learn English. It would just inconvenience them when they need to deal with the US government.

Private businesses would still have the ability to print things in other languages if they catered to people who speak and read other languages... so this would NOT be an oppressive move at all.
    You would save nothing, because the government is not going to stop printing things in other languages. They do it because it is easier and cheaper to inform people that way then it is to waste time doing it face to face and then having to serve them again after they come back with the proper stuff. Making an official language would do nothing constructive, except to make people who don't like others being accommodated feel better as well as giving their anger at these other language speakers legitimacy. Spanish is the second most frequently spoken language in this country. Some people feel that as threatening, just as they feel the increase in the Hispanic population is a threat. It is another form of prejudice and that's all it is. White Anglo-Saxon Americans are finding their demographic shrinking and it scares people. That's what this stuff is about. Call it what it is. Taxes are paid by a very diverse group of Americans, and like it or not, a great many of them are Spanish speakers. Reverse boy, I think your opinions are racist, bigoted, and exclusive. While you are right to feel that this is your country, it is not only your country. You are entitled to your opinions, of course. I believe this country was founded on being inclusive and should remain so. I hope your opinions are not shared by the majority, that would be a sad day for this country IMHO.

(Monroe County)

Oh, by the way, it is not our language that unites us, it is the belief in individual freedoms and liberty, think on that....

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast