Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Someone up there is screwin' with me...

It was dinner time and everyone wanted takeout. It's a nice night so I figure why not test the waters and OC. Had to make two stops in the same strip mall. First was a sandwich shop for my daughter's cheese steak. There were a handful of patron inside. Walked in, placed my order and told the woman i would be back to pick it up. No one said anything or seemed to notice.

Second stop was for chinese which i called in ahead of time. One other customer inside but he was on my weak side as i entered so i assume he never i was carrying. Paid for my order, again with out a hint of concern from anyone. Except as i was turning to leave, a police car with lights and siren goes wheeling by in the direction of the sandwich shop. I'm thinking "No, this can't be happening" so i walk back to my car not knowing what i'll encounter on my return to pick up my order.

I round the corner, checked to make sure i have PaPatriots flyer just in case, and lo and behold... No police car... no flashing lights. He must have been on a reall call, not a 'man with gun' call. Slightly relieved i go inside, pay for the food and drive home.

Yup, someone up there is having a little fun with me. At least I got my first try with OC'n behind me.
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

Default Re: Someone up there is screwin' with me...

It will be easier the more you oc.
    Everyone is nervous the first few times.
    Good Job!!!!!!!

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKos View Post
    It was dinner time and everyone wanted takeout. It's a nice night so I figure why not test the waters and OC. Had to make two stops in the same strip mall. First was a sandwich shop for my daughter's cheese steak. There were a handful of patron inside. Walked in, placed my order and told the woman i would be back to pick it up. No one said anything or seemed to notice.

Second stop was for chinese which i called in ahead of time. One other customer inside but he was on my weak side as i entered so i assume he never i was carrying. Paid for my order, again with out a hint of concern from anyone. Except as i was turning to leave, a police car with lights and siren goes wheeling by in the direction of the sandwich shop. I'm thinking "No, this can't be happening" so i walk back to my car not knowing what i'll encounter on my return to pick up my order.

I round the corner, checked to make sure i have PaPatriots flyer just in case, and lo and behold... No police car... no flashing lights. He must have been on a reall call, not a 'man with gun' call. Slightly relieved i go inside, pay for the food and drive home.

Yup, someone up there is having a little fun with me. At least I got my first try with OC'n behind me.
    Yep. I agree. Someone is screwing with you! They do it to all of us who are new to OC. Like an anti-OC mafia or something. How do they find us?

(Monroe County)

LMFAO!! Oh man! I had a similar experience at a diner I go to the other day. As I am leaving, a sheriff's car pulls up and a deputy comes walking in from the other side. I kept walking out, thinking to myself,"Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later...". He walks on in, and I stand by my car which is parked just outside the door, waiting. He comes back out a few seconds later, with his box full of food, and goes on his merry way.......

It gets easier, and you get less paranoid, the more you do it. Know the law well, and be prepared to explain it if need be, that's all we can do. Good job, and welcome to the wonderful world of OC'ers

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Hmm sounds like a case of the Coyote...

I had nothing but headaches buying my 2 XD's, esp the 2nd one, blamed it on ol Coyote. Of course being in Maryland doesn't help me any...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKos View Post

It gets the blood flowing for a moment, doesn't it? Mrs. Plinker and I were in Best Buy in Wyomissing last Friday and a security guard came roaring in and right up behind us. She was sure he was here to arrest me, but I pointed out that he was a kid and unarmed, so I was not too worried that he would be bullying me any. As it turned out, he was there to pick up something being fixed.

What part of Reading were you in? Some parts, all you need to know is:

"Tengo pistola seņor! Vamais ahora!"

(Berks County)

It was in the Antetium shopping center in Mt. Penn. Exeter PD country.
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

(Centre County)

I had a similar pucker factor the other day when I OC'ed and carried for the first time. I took my dog for a two mile walk and was a little over two blocks from home when I heard a police siren that was mighty close. I about shit my pants because I would have no only been hassled for open carrying, but open carrying at 20 with no LTCF.
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made