Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Any Business professionals carry while meeting with clients?

I never do when out with clients, but came across an interesting situation.

Part of my business is consulting work with politicians and campaigns. While attending a meeting recently I was quite shocked to see someone in the office was carrying a sidearm in a shoulder holster. This person (no names , sorry) was an associate of a currently elected public official who rents office space from the firm I was dealing with. And while my meeting was not directly with him, it was unique to walk past an office and see a guy sitting in large chair with his jacket off and a nickel plated revolver prominently displayed for all to see.

back to the original question,,,

Any Business professionals carry while meeting with clients or even in the workplace? I have mine on in the office, but never when a client is around, and never when I need to meet with them.

Should be noted that I work exclusively GOP, but the above firm is bipartisan.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Any Business professionals carry while meeting with clients?

I carry everywhere, all the time. I often visit client locations (business and home), and have not had any issues.

Chris
    Last edited by chrisaka; February 27th, 2008 at 05:27 AM.

I run my own business, work by myself, and am usually alone when I meet with customers, students, etc. Sometimes we meet at my place, sometimes other places. I am one of those who carries all the time except when I am in the shower, and I would especially want it when meeting strangers for the first time, especially those weirdos from the interweb!

(Lebanon County)

I carry a concealed weapon to all meetings, wherever I go it goes, concealed is the key word for me.

(Snyder County)

I am not a business professional I don't think. But I often travel to visit customers, vendors, attend meetings, etc. and I carry 100% of the time. I don't see anything wrong with it.

(Northampton County)

As far as business...... I think real estate agents,especially women, should carry. ANYONE...meaning a Ted Bundy type,could set up an appoitment to see a home being shown by a female agent.

(Montgomery County)

I always carry. Even if it's a only a 17HMR/17WMR revolver that looks like a pocket knife when in my pocket or my beretta tomcat 3032. I carry XD9SC when I'm wearing a suit not just a polo shirt.

My favorite are buildings where private security xrays the bag for weapons and dangerous items but nobody even ASKS you if you have something on person never mind wands you.

(Monroe County)

I own my own alarm company and I carry all the time, except when I know I'm going into Jersey. If I am going to be doing physical work that involves reaching and stretching, in someone's home, I inform them that I am armed and will lock it up if they feel uncomfortable. There has yet to be an instance where I have been asked to do so.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Chester County)

I have CC'd when entertaining clients at dinner but do not carry to most of my business meetings due to the limitations imposed by out of state travel difficulties and clothing requirements. It's difficult to conceal a handgun when dressed in hospital scrubs. "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" doesn't play well in that kind of environment. However if I was visiting a patient in the hospital and in my street attire I wouldn't hesitate to CC.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scjbob View Post
    I have CC'd when entertaining clients at dinner but do not carry to most of my business meetings due to the limitations imposed by out of state travel difficulties and clothing requirements. It's difficult to conceal a handgun when dressed in hospital scrubs. "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" doesn't play well in that kind of environment. However if I was visiting a patient in the hospital and in my street attire I wouldn't hesitate to CC.
    Have you considered ankle holsters? Sure it's not as fast as appendix carry but better then back home in your safe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast