Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question " Green Card Purchasers " -- Info ?

Having seen the ..

" Hey Eric, 'Yo Hillary, I found an Anti 2 - A Treaty that we can sign " ..

postings on a few sites and on T-V, I called a friend who formerly held his own FFL, is now a current SalesRep for another shop and he is generally well informed on FFL Law and I mentioned this Treaty.

My friend tells me that a .. " Green Card Purchaser " can purchase pretty much as many guns as he/she likes and just cart them on down to Mayheyco as we've pretty much no Regs against it .. Huh ?

He tells me that ATF tells him, if a " Green Card " purchases 50 guns, we'll probably want to talk to him/her ... if he/she only purchase a dozen or two, that's A-okay ... Huh ?

Anyone know more on this ?

My friend, who did reside in Texas and had his own shop there would be pretty knowledgeable on the " Green Card Purchasers " I feel .. I'm hoping for more info.

Reason I ask ... if this info of my friends is correct, why hasn't the N R A, our Reps or ??? brought this to light ?

... why isn't the A T F slamming the brakes on purchases like this if it is true ?

And the Biggest Query .. should I be stupid enough to believe that a Gov't that refuses to Arrest Illegal Aliens, is now going to Arrest Aliens making purchases that are being utilized to de-rail our Constitution and MY Rights via a Treaty ?

In my miniature mind, if my friend is correct, we don't need a Facade Treaty .. we only need to Amend and/or Enforce current A T F Regs to help our .. " Friends to the South who are in dire straits " !

.. Yea/Nay ?

I'd bet if I attempted a Multiple Purchase to such extremes they'd be bangin' on my door before I even made it home with my new toys.

Anyone know more on the subject or Legalities ?

(York County)

Default Re: " Green Card Purchasers " -- Info ?

I'm calling Bullshit on this one. Mostly due to the part about the ATF not worrying about a green card holder buying a dozen guns at one time. These thugs don't even want anybody but themselves to be armed. I would find it hard to believe your friend isn't either mistaken, or full of shit.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Chester County)

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#r7

(R7) I have a "green card" and have lived in Texas for several years. Am I prohibited from purchasing firearms and ammunition from an FFL in Texas?

As long as you are not otherwise prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms and ammunition (for example, a felon), Federal law does not prohibit you from purchasing or possessing firearms or ammunition. However, you will need to put your alien number or admission number on the Form 4473 and provide the FFL with documentation establishing you have resided in Texas for more than 90 consecutive days preceding the transaction. Moreover, you must make sure there are no State or local restrictions on such a purchase.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Monroe County)

What, exactly is the difference between a resident alien buying 25 firearms and a citizen buying 25 firearms? This whole, "We are flooding Mexico with illegal guns", shit, is a bunch of bullshit in the first place. Let me see, so now resident aliens, who probably work twice as hard as many of the people on this forum to carve out a life for themselves here, should be prohibited from enjoying the same freedoms any one of us may? A resident alien is entitled to all the same rights and freedoms a citizen enjoys, with very few exceptions, one of which is the right to keep and bear arms. There are two important areas where resident aliens are treated differently, voting rights, and criminal trouble. They may only vote in state and local elections that do not require the voter to be a citizen. Also, they are subject to deportation for breaking the law.

Here is a link for you, or anyone else who thinks that resident aliens are not due full protection under our laws.

There really should be a required test for EVERYONE to be considered a citizen of this country, natural born or not.....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Philadelphia County)

It's illegal to take guns into Mexico without Mexican government permission, regardless of your immigration status in the US.

(Allegheny County)

Shenanigans on the ATF stuff! As for the rest, a permanent resident (green card holder) isn't barred from purchasing whatever they want any more than a citizen is. And why should they be? My wife is a permanent resident. (Stupid Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship). She lives here year round. She pays taxes (and lots of them). She contributes to the economy with all her wonderfully unnecessary purchases. She has a child born and raised here. She has no blood family in this country besides her child. Why should she be not be permitted to buy firearms?

And can a Mexican citizen seriously just waltz across the border with 50 WASRs in the back seat?

Quote Originally Posted by tes151 View Post
    I'm calling Bullshit on this one. Mostly due to the part about the ATF not worrying about a green card holder buying a dozen guns at one time. These thugs don't even want anybody but themselves to be armed. I would find it hard to believe your friend isn't either mistaken, or full of shit.

TES,

thank you for reading my entire question .. I don't think others did.

His reply to me is, ' you try making a bulk purchase like a " Green Card Holder " and see just how fast you have company at the door '

... if this is possible, for them to make large purchases, I'd like to know why or how it's legal .. how are Regs that you and I must conform to being circumvented ?

I'm not attempting to say certain folks should not be able to purchase at all, as someone has accused .. but if a problem exists and that problem is being utilized as a means of passage for this Treaty B H O just ran home with, maybe we need to look into and address the problem .. make any sense to you ?

I'd hoped someone with FFL and possibly first hand knowledge might be able to tell me .. perhaps someone else has seen or encountered this.

Question Re: " Green Card Purchasers " -- Info ?

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    What, exactly is the difference between a resident alien buying 25 firearms and a citizen buying 25 firearms? This whole, "We are flooding Mexico with illegal guns", shit, is a bunch of bullshit in the first place. Let me see, so now resident aliens, who probably work twice as hard as many of the people on this forum to carve out a life for themselves here, should be prohibited from enjoying the same freedoms any one of us may? A resident alien is entitled to all the same rights and freedoms a citizen enjoys, with very few exceptions, one of which is the right to keep and bear arms. There are two important areas where resident aliens are treated differently, voting rights, and criminal trouble. They may only vote in state and local elections that do not require the voter to be a citizen. Also, they are subject to deportation for breaking the law.

Here is a link for you, or anyone else who thinks that resident aliens are not due full protection under our laws.

There really should be a required test for EVERYONE to be considered a citizen of this country, natural born or not.....

Thanks for " Not Reading My Question " and a reply that has nothing to do with the " Question "

1 - is my FFL Friend correct - can Green Card make large/bulk purchases that you or I can't ?

2 - if so, how/why is it Legal ?

3 - if this is happening does it make sense to institute a Treaty that won't address an ATF problem ?

4 - if this is true, who would be fool enough to believe that a Treaty is going to have any effect .. we don't arrest Illegals .. and now we're going to arrest Illegals with guns due to a Treaty ?

How difficult was that ?

Congrats on your knowledge of others Rights .. sorry to see you've no concern for mine.

Question Re: " Green Card Purchasers " -- Info ?

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    It's illegal to take guns into Mexico without Mexican government permission, regardless of your immigration status in the US.

That's what I always thought too Phil .. I will call him again and verify.

He now lives in Missouri and encounters many Green Card Purchases, and I was astounded at what he was telling me .. he's pretty knowledgeable fellow with no reason to BS me .. had his own shop in Texas for about ten years, so he's seen his share of funny stuff.

My thing mainly .. well other then this BS Treaty .. if these guys are making large/bulk purchases, why is it Legal for them, not you and me, especially if they purportedly know where the guns are headed ?

.. make any sense to you ?

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post

Thanks for the info Napalm .

My question is not whether a Green Card ' CAN ' purchase .. no problems with that.

If they can make Bulk/Large purchases that you or I can't , and also do it with the blessings (overlook) of ATF is what I'm after ...

... reason ... if this is happening, and Joe + Jane Gunowner are being painted as the ' Problem ', it should be addressed, and not via a Treaty

... make sense to you ?

That's why I was trying to verify my friends info ... I'm going to call him again tonight and I'll let you know what he tells me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast