Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Sarno & Son in Scranton

Went with 2 of my groomsmen to the Sarno and sons in South Scranton yesterday to be fitted for my wedding in April. (I know I know, everyone's sympathy)

I normally open carry but I decided that since I'll be carrying sob at the wedding I might as well be fitted that way. Took off my vest while the girl was measuring me so the 1911 grip was sticking out. I was about to 'casually' mention it to the girl before she came across it. ( I had a line all planned, "Don't worry sweetheart, it won't go off unless you pull it out and play with it") when one of my groomsmen asked if i wanted him to hold it. The girl measuring me said 'hold what?' and looked.

'oh a handgun, are you going to wear it there at the wedding?'

'sure am'

'O.K. we'll be sure to leave enough room'

That was it, she measured everything, didn't act like the big bad gun was going to jump out and cause a massacre, just went about her business.

I'm reasonably sure handguns are a common occurance during these things, after all if you're carrying IWB the pants have to fit.

All in all I was VERY impressed with the way everything was handled. I would have no qualms recommending Sarno to anyone at this point.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Sarno & Son in Scranton

Great report! I think we should comprise a list of businesses that are gun-friendly, so all of our PAFOA members here can support and boost their revenues.

-38SnubFan

(Lackawanna County)

I agree. I have plans on calling the manager of that location and complementing his staff in general and that girl in particular but I am waiting until the other two groomsmen get fitted.

...carrying at your wedding?

Sorry, welder, but you have got to give it a break!

Are you expecting the preacher/priest/judge to hold you hostage?... or perhaps your friends and relatives are a rough group.

I wish you well in your married life, but respectfully tell you that some ocassions require you to lighten up.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by gklugie View Post
    Are you expecting the preacher/priest/judge to hold you hostage?... or perhaps your friends and relatives are a rough group.

I wish you well in your married life, but respectfully tell you that some ocassions require you to lighten up.
    Just because your in a church, does that denote a level of safety?
    There has been shootings in churches.
    I go no where without being armed, including church.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post
    Great report! I think we should comprise a list of businesses that are gun-friendly, so all of our PAFOA members here can support and boost their revenues.

-38SnubFan
    I had a similar experience to the OP today...Add this business to the A+ list:

I was along while the wife was shopping the Gettysburg Outlets for new work clothes. We were in Van Heusen, she was in the fitting room & I just got a bunch of new dress clothes last month so I was just being bored.
    I then saw a belt I liked. I was trying to decide what size fit best while trying to stay CC.
    I asked the girl for some help. I needed something dressy that would work for both IWB & OWB. I asked her if the belt would hold up to having something clipped to it. She said her husband has had a similar belt for a year & a half, he clips his cell phone to it every day and it's just starting to show wear.
    I said what I'd be wearing was a little heavier... I then told her I may have a holster on the belt. She didn't bat an eye as she said yeah that should be fine.
    I then said well since you don't seem opposed to gun carry, do you mind if I take these two sizes in the fitting room so I can try it with & without my gun on? She said no problem.

I'm glad I tried them on too. I ended up with the smaller one... I'm thinner than I thought! ~ or maybe the .45 got thinner
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by steamtownwelder View Post
    Went with 2 of my groomsmen to the Sarno and sons in South Scranton yesterday to be fitted for my wedding in April. (I know I know, everyone's sympathy)

I normally open carry but I decided that since I'll be carrying sob at the wedding I might as well be fitted that way. Took off my vest while the girl was measuring me so the 1911 grip was sticking out. I was about to 'casually' mention it to the girl before she came across it. ( I had a line all planned, "Don't worry sweetheart, it won't go off unless you pull it out and play with it") when one of my groomsmen asked if i wanted him to hold it. The girl measuring me said 'hold what?' and looked.

'oh a handgun, are you going to wear it there at the wedding?'

'sure am'

'O.K. we'll be sure to leave enough room'

That was it, she measured everything, didn't act like the big bad gun was going to jump out and cause a massacre, just went about her business.

I'm reasonably sure handguns are a common occurance during these things, after all if you're carrying IWB the pants have to fit.

All in all I was VERY impressed with the way everything was handled. I would have no qualms recommending Sarno to anyone at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by 87th PVI View Post
    I had a similar experience to the OP today...Add this business to the A+ list:

I was along while the wife was shopping the Gettysburg Outlets for new work clothes. We were in Van Heusen, she was in the fitting room & I just got a bunch of new dress clothes last month so I was just being bored.
    I then saw a belt I liked. I was trying to decide what size fit best while trying to stay CC.
    I asked the girl for some help. I needed something dressy that would work for both IWB & OWB. I asked her if the belt would hold up to having something clipped to it. She said her husband has had a similar belt for a year & a half, he clips his cell phone to it every day and it's just starting to show wear.
    I said what I'd be wearing was a little heavier... I then told her I may have a holster on the belt. She didn't bat an eye as she said yeah that should be fine.
    I then said well since you don't seem opposed to gun carry, do you mind if I take these two sizes in the fitting room so I can try it with & without my gun on? She said no problem.

I'm glad I tried them on too. I ended up with the smaller one... I'm thinner than I thought! ~ or maybe the .45 got thinner
    Very good reports Thank you both for sharing

Yeah man, you're so right, nothing bad ever happens at a wedding...

OH, WAIT!.... :

Wedding shooting

Attacked at wedding

Acid attack at wedding

Robbed at wedding

I could do this all day....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Monroe County)

No big surprise. The Scranton area was subject to a major Pa Crime Commission investigation in the late 70`s early 80`s. The family ties to NYC organized mob runs deep. Carry both legal and not isn`t probably unexpected.

(Lackawanna County)

Had this conversation on here already, not interested in having it again.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post

-38SnubFan
    If you or someone else wants to start such a list, I created a county list template when I added internal links to TrueCrimson's OC Memo list. Feel free to use it.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast