Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another IDIOT, more bad press and a permit

Well another IDIOT that was on 'mind drugs' has managed to stir up the pot about carrier permits in Washington state. I'm sure the anti-gun nuts are going to run like the wind with this one:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/200...25600/0/news01

My question is why the hell aren't any of the 'good' carrier stories make it to press? Someone really needs to start pushing the stories out there about people that saved themselves or others because they carried?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Another IDIOT, more bad press and a permit

He hit 3 people with one ND...wow.

Sounds like the sheriffs didnt do all their homework.

(Monroe County)

Look up the guy who shot the bar gunman in nevada over the weekend. Same town they found those kidnapped kids living in that guys apartment a while back.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Tioga County)

There are two basic reasons why you don't see many good stories about saving lives. "If it bleeds, it leads." It's not politically correct to show gun owners in a good light.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Well another IDIOT that was on 'mind drugs' has managed to stir up the pot about carrier permits in Washington state. I'm sure the anti-gun nuts are going to run like the wind with this one:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/200...25600/0/news01

My question is why the hell aren't any of the 'good' carrier stories make it to press? Someone really needs to start pushing the stories out there about people that saved themselves or others because they carried?

(Wayne County)

The sheriff sure did overlook this applicant.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    There are two basic reasons why you don't see many good stories about saving lives. "If it bleeds, it leads." It's not politically correct to show gun owners in a good light.
    Yeah you are 100% right, this society has become infatuated with 'sensation' news, news made for drama TV ... really its sad though, people don't want to see the boring facts of the real world, they want the news to be as 'sexy' as CSI Miami.

You have to wonder though what some of the GREAT newsmen would say if they were alive today ..... its sad when a society can't face the cold hard facts of the world, when even their news has to be 'sexed up and sensationalized'

I can only think of the GREAT movie Network ... that famous line:

I'm mad as HELL and I'm not going to take it any more

The person that wrote that movie was a visionary to say the least, especially when you realize that movie is over 20 years old

What I would be interested in learning is how you can hit someone in the nose when the gun in your ankle holster goes off! Ewwww!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    What I would be interested in learning is how you can hit someone in the nose when the gun in your ankle holster goes off! Ewwww!
    I carry a G19, but, you've got to be crazy to carry it on your ankle! How do you even do it?

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post

+1. I mean, alot of us have probably read THE ARMED AMERICAN in the NRA magazines, which shows incidents where people have used legally owned firearms to protect themselves or others. How many of these same stories have ever been reported on the MSM? You can almost watch real stories as they occur any more with the infiltration of the internet news sources, camera phones, etc., but the MSM ain't gonna ever show us in a good light.

(Butler County)

Brings up a good question though, Do they redo you PICS and background when you renew your permit?

Here's something i found while looking for the answer. Pay special attention to the last line.

"(i) Revocation.-A license to carry firearms may be revoked by the issuing authority for good cause. A license to carry firearms shall be revoked by the issuing authority for any reason

stated in subsection (e)(1) which occurs during the term of the permit. Notice of revocation shall be in writing and shall state the specific reason for revocation. Notice shall be sent by certified mail, and, at that time, a copy shall be forwarded to the commissioner. An individual whose license is revoked shall surrender the license to the issuing authority within five days of receipt of the notice. An individual whose license is revoked may appeal to the court of common pleas for the judicial district in which the individual resides. An individual who vio*lates this section commits a summary offense."

TITLE 18 PA CRIMES CODES §6109. - Licenses

So if you have your permit revoked for any reason, that in itself is a crime?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast