Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Picnic Backlash at Home

The Mrs and I attended the get together/shindig/outing/face-to-face-BS-athon Saturday.

Afterward, she was commenting on all the ladies in obvious possession of personal defense pieces. She has been around firearms all her life, and her father is a gunsmith. Well, she was asking about open carry laws, and about LTCF things, and decided she wants to carry. I told her she should get a LTCF and she says, "No, I wanna open carry.."

"Honey, you still should get a permit so you don't have to unload when you get in a car."

"OK", she says, "What do I need to do?"

We talked about the process, and she knows how I went through it, so it should be no big deal.

Last I knew, the Luzerne County Sheriff had a form online to fill out, or print and fill out, and drop off to initiate the process. Seems things have changed, or maybe that link was from York (?) county?

Anyway, she wants in, she loves to shoot my snub nosed .38sp, and now we can go on shooting vacations!!!!

If any Luzerne County folks recently applied, please help us out.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Picnic Backlash at Home

Hahaha, you do realize that once she has her LTCF you can kiss that .38 snubby goodbye, right? lol
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by bgeddes View Post
    The Mrs and I attended the get together/shindig/outing/face-to-face-BS-athon Saturday.

Afterward, she was commenting on all the ladies in obvious possession of personal defense pieces. She has been around firearms all her life, and her father is a gunsmith. Well, she was asking about open carry laws, and about LTCF things, and decided she wants to carry. I told her she should get a LTCF and she says, "No, I wanna open carry.."

"Honey, you still should get a permit so you don't have to unload when you get in a car."

We talked about the process, and she knows how I went through it, so it should be no big deal.

Last I knew, the Luzerne County Sheriff had a form online to fill out, or print and fill out, and drop off to initiate the process. Seems things have changed, or maybe that link was from York (?) county?

Anyway, she wants in, she loves to shoot my snub nosed .38sp, and now we can go on shooting vacations!!!!

Print out the York co. form, front and back, on 1 sheet. fill it out, and write in your CO. at the top.

York Co. app. is the best as far as the law says.

(Luzerne County)

"The form" is "uniform throughout this Commonwealth and shall be on a form prescribed by the Pennsylvania State Police" (ref: 18Pa.C.S.6109(c)) and can be downloaded here:
    http://www.luzernesheriff.com/assets...27-10-2008.doc

Tell your wife congratulations, she has won a free slot in any of my upcoming NRA basic pistol classes PM me to redeem and set up scheduling.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Talking Re: Picnic Backlash at Home

Does she want to go on Wed? I'll go with her as I have to get mine also. If she doesn't mind the kids tagging along, we can go for lunch after or whatever her schedule allows. I'm pretty much open on Wed till 5:30.

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

(Monroe County)

Before you do any of that, first understand that if you do not have a LTCF you do not get to just unload the firearm and get in the car. No LTCF=no firearm in a vehicle, loaded or not, with very few exceptions...OC'ing is not one of them....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Luzerne County)

I'm in Luzerne County (Wilkes-Barre). I got the form from the guys at Advanced Arms filled it out then took it in with my 31 dollars and walked out less than 15 mins later with the pretty little pieace of plastic.

(Luzerne County)

Hahaha, you do realize that once she has her LTCF you can kiss that .38 snubby goodbye, right? lol
    Guess I'll have too look for something for me then.....darn it....

Does she want to go on Wed?
    Her sister is in from California. So this week is tough.

(The Mrs.'s nephew was part of the National Champion High School Rugby Team. It was held in Pittsburgh, so sis is heading this way to see mom and dad.)

Rich, we will probably schedule one paid and one take-ya-up-on-the-offer.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    Hmmm.....that sounds pretty familiar to me.

(Mrs. 38SnubFan confiscated mine)

-38SnubnowrevolverlessFan

(Berks County)

Guess I'll have too look for something for me then.....darn it....
    Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post
    Hmmm.....that sounds pretty familiar to me.

(Mrs. 38SnubFan confiscated mine)

-38SnubnowrevolverlessFan
    Well bgeddes, maybe 38SnubFan can point ya in the right direction for a "Mrs.WontConfiscateIt" gun lol.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast