Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default First Real CC - Just Now

Just now was the first time I actually CCed in public. (One other time I went through a drive-thru... )

I just was out for lunch ... returned a book to the library (walked inside) and went to a diner and sat at the counter and had lunch.

Of course, the whole time I was adjusting my T-shirt over my IWB, wondering who's looking at me now.

Can't wait until this becomes a total non-event.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Chester County)

Default Re: First Real CC - Just Now

LOL, I've only been CC'ing for a week. I'm pretty much used to it now. I just hope I don't get complacent and forget to remove it where prohibited.

(Monroe County)

It will fade pretty quick. Almost everyone I know of had the same feeling of waiting to "get caught" when they first started carrying. LOL, just wait a while until you get the urge to OC, and see what that feels like for the first couple of times

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 64Jeeper View Post
    LOL, I've only been CC'ing for a week. I'm pretty much used to it now. I just hope I don't get complacent and forget to remove it where prohibited.
    That's a very short list of places, you know. Gotta love PA carry laws, or the lack thereof.

Anyhow, congrats on the first carry.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    It will fade pretty quick. Almost everyone I know of had the same feeling of waiting to "get caught" when they first started carrying. LOL, just wait a while until you get the urge to OC, and see what that feels like for the first couple of times
    I've already had the urge to OC. The only thing that stops me is that I've never seen anyone OC in my area. So I really don't know how much people will freak out over it.

I've already had the urge to OC. The only thing that stops me is that I've never seen anyone OC in my area. So I really don't know how much people will freak out over it.
    I can tell you from experience, as can many others here, I have never seen anyone "freak out" over open carry. If anything, hardly anyone even notices that you are OC'ing. Once you realize that, it becomes easy to do.

(Chester County)

Well, I plan on OCing on Friday when I go to the Valley Forge Gun Show at the convention center. I know that's not much, but it's a start.

Well, I plan on OCing on Friday when I go to the Valley Forge Gun Show at the convention center. I know that's not much, but it's a start.
    Don't let me, or anyone else sway you into doing anything you are not comfortable with.

You must be prepared for the outside chance that you will be confronted by an uninformed LEO or the always cheerful anti, who knows more than you do about what you can and can't do with your gun.

You should really get your feet wet by CC'ing for a little while, and then after reviewing what you would do in the event that you were confronted by someone, start OC'ing in different places where it should be generally more accepted to do so.

(Chester County)

I've been reading tons of stuff on the OC forum, and I have lots of fliers. Also I had a chat with a LEO last week about CC & OC when he came to my work to check out my Jeep. (he's a huge Jeep fan, he has 2 of his own).

I'm only doing this at the gun show, only because I'm sure that there will be plenty of others doing the same thing, so I won't feel as nervous about it there.

(Luzerne County)

I CC the other day in a local supermarket. Now i've been CCing for like a week and I've been fine until at the supermarket a LEO circled me and my little one at the checkout. I knew i was printing bad and I think my heart jumped a beat. If i was alone i don;t think I'd have been as nervous but I'd hate to go threw calling my ex to come get our son cause I'm going to jail. I know I'm legal and all just irrational fear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast