Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default OC with jahwarrior....

What an experience!! No really.

So I was up his way today and we decided to get together. He and his brother were at the mall so that was our meeting point. I get there and they had already been there, left and been to borders and wendy's and back at the mall. We go in and we're walking around, decide which store to go to and the next thing I know...yeah, security has determined that we must go because we're not cops.

Now Alex was the one who talked to them, they were VERY VERY nice about it and he thanked them for that, let them know which exit we'd be taking so they'd know our route etc. We were on our way.

Off we go to Borders. We walk in and I guess the magazines they had been looking at earlier were still there so we sit down and we're talking and looking at the mags. About 15 minutes into that an employee approaches the table and says to Alex, "excuse me do you think you guys could take your firearms out to your vehicle and lock them up?" Alex looks at her and says "oook". We all knew we were just going to leave. She goes on and says "It's just for the safety of all of our customers." At this point the three of us could not control our laughter. I asked her if there was a manager available and she said she was the manager. I asked her if this was a corporate policy? (FYI this was all polite exchange and nothing was confrontational at all). She said that yes it was. I asked her if she had a corporate number handy and she said "I'll get one for you. Just a minute." and she walked away.

So we're sitting there for several minutes and Alex said that he saw her walk by and look right at us. He said he wanted to just go and find her. He and his brother pick up their magazines and put them all back where they belong. He wanted to go and walk around and look for her but I said nah, let's just have her paged. I didn't want her seeing us walking around and thinking that we were ignoring her just browsing. So we go to the front counter and I ask the man there if he would please page the manager to the front. He starts to and pauses and asks "are you here about the police?" I said, no, nevermind.

At that point I said we should just go. I didn't know what she called the police for. We didn't refuse to leave, we were just waiting for the phone number which she said she was bringing back to us. I figured it was going to be her word against ours if she was going to try to get us charged with trespassing or something retarded.

So we're walking to our cars and Alex starts telling me how it must be me. He has never gotten kicked out of TWO places in ONE day. He said it must be because I'm black. (for those of you who have met me...you know how funny that is) He said I should have looked at her and said "It's because I'm black, isn't it?" LMFAO! I told him no, I think they just have a thing against albinos.

(Washington County)

Default Re: OC with jahwarrior....

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    He said I should have looked at her and said "It's because I'm black, isn't it?"
    That's totally what I'm saying from now on ANYTIME anyone give me shit about my gun. I'm just gonna fuckin' scream it. (I'm white too by the way)

(Lackawanna County)

I think we as gun owners need a face to combat these bogus ejections. How great would it be to get booted and then have someone like.....Al Sharpton come back with bus loads of people armed with a bullhorn lol

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    I think we as gun owners need a face to combat these bogus ejections. How great would it be to get booted and then have someone like.....Al Sharpton come back with bus loads of people armed with a bullhorn lol
    Ummm, yeah, just like that.. so people can hate us as much as we hate the Al Sharpton types..

I don't know how much good it would do, or the level of "care about it" involved, but why not fire off a complaint to corporate about the manager, explaining the situation and how put off you were by being told she was going to get you a contact number but instead called the police on you? They may like too know how customer service orientated their managers are....

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Lackawanna County)

Dickson city has a lot of businesses that won't let you OC there. Most of them also claim to have a straight out no gun policy. Of course they're not going to know about CCers, so it ends up being an anti-OC policy. I've been asked to leave from Dickson city stores about a dozen times. My guess is that the local police department talked all of them into it that they could after the OCB event.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by nepawolf View Post
    Dickson city has a lot of businesses that won't let you OC there. Most of them also claim to have a straight out no gun policy. Of course they're not going to know about CCers, so it ends up being an anti-OC policy. I've been asked to leave from Dickson city stores about a dozen times. My guess is that the local police department talked all of them into it that they could after the OCB event.
    I read the OCB thread for 2 hours one night and from what I recall (I could be wrong) was that the police chief said if you don't put those signs up were not going to come when you call 911 for MWAG.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Ummm, yeah, just like that.. so people can hate us as much as we hate the Al Sharpton types..

I don't know how much good it would do, or the level of "care about it" involved, but why not fire off a complaint to corporate about the manager, explaining the situation and how put off you were by being told she was going to get you a contact number but instead called the police on you? They may like too know how customer service orientated their managers are....
    Whats different from now? They don't want us in their stores, they want to pass laws getting rid of guns, try to make any all acts criminal, people get strange looks along with stupid comments..etc

The only thing were missing is people throwing rotten veggies at us lol but i get what your saying........Jesse Jackson? lol

(Lebanon County)

headcase, I do plan on following up with them. I would like to find out if it is indeed a corporate policy and yes, let them know about her behavior.

(Monroe County)

On one hand im glad you all got out of there in time, On the second hand i wish you could have spoke a little more with that Shifty Manager, Cant belive the cops were called over a what seems like a calm conversation.

That sucks and it is because your Black!!
    Does this look like my Care Face.....

(Lackawanna County)

No, it is NOT corporate policy (we adhere to the laws of the state, yadda yadda) and I OC in there regularly.

Maybe its the way I carry myself; I'm almost never bothered.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast