Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default One less bad guy

PASCAGOULA — A woman, awakened by the sound of someone removing the screen from her bedroom window, got out of her bed at 1 a.m. Friday, walked to her son’s room and quietly woke him.

“She said, ‘Snigg get up,’” the son said in an interview later Friday morning.

“I got up, grabbed my gun and went to the corner there by her room,” he said, standing at the door of the apartment, on the bottom floor of the last in a row of Spanish-style buildings in the Granada Apartments on Chicot Road.
    Dustin Clarke, 22, handles maintenance and courtesy security at the Granada Apartments in Pascagoula.

It was dark in the apartment, but the window was backlit, Snigg said. He heard the window go up and saw a man coming in.

“He stuck his hand under and pulled the blinds back, the blinds and the curtain,” he said. “And he eased in like he was attempting to come in.

“I fired two shots, then he ran off,” Snigg said.

Police say they won’t identify the woman or her son, who offered the nickname Snigg, for fear of retribution.

Javorous Darnell Tims, 20, ran about 80 feet from the window, fell to the sidewalk and died of a single gunshot wound, police said Friday.

Pascagoula police said Snigg and his mother acted appropriately, “taking the actions they felt necessary to protect themselves.” However, because a man died, the case will be presented to a grand jury for review.

Tims, who had at one time lived in apartments not far away, was a familiar face in the parking lot of the Granada Apartments, according to Dustin Clarke, 22, who handles maintenance and courtesy security at the apartments.

Not many people in the complex heard the shots, said Clarke, who was at the scene when police investigated the shooting and talked with residents and investigators.

Clarke said Tims had gotten his head through the window when Snigg fired the first shot and missed. That shot hit the wall under the window, Clarke said. By the time Snigg fired the second shot, Tims had turned. The bullet went through Tims’ upper body, he said.

“The blinds were down. And the bullet hole in the blinds supported his (Snigg’s) story,” Clarke said.

Tims ran about half the length of the building before he died.

“They found him on the sidewalk. He died quickly,” he said.

Tina Clarke, Dustin’s wife, holding a baby outside the office laundry, said it is kind of scary having a shooting at 1 a.m., but she said they’d moved from a nearby apartment where crime was worse.

Dustin Clarke said Granada has a 10 p.m. curfew to stop hanging out and other activities in the parking lot. But he said Tims was around often.

Besides the curfew, the apartments have been neatly landscaped, with a newly refurbished office. The manager, Susan French, does a criminal background check before she accepts s renter.

French said the apartment has made an effort to upgrade from a bad reputation years ago and has been successful.

“When something like this happens, you say, ‘Oh great. How do we live this down?’’” she said. “But the guy who passed away. I hate it for his mother. Everyone has a mother.”
    http://www.sunherald.com/pageone/story/1298747.html
    Is it five o'clock yet?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: One less bad guy

Hitler and Osama had mothers, too. Whiny liberal shit.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Hitler and Osama had mothers, too. Whiny liberal shit.
    haha Hitler has no mom... and Obama was a test tube baby
    ΑΣΦ

You just have to be amazed at some of these IDIOT liberal ass wipes like this woman ... How do we live this down? Are you fucking kidding me? How the hell would she have felt if the people in the house were killed or the woman raped?

But NOOOOOO someone protecting themselves, thats the crime here ... I just wish for one second these dumb ass people that talk to the media would get a dose of what being a victim is like, then MAYBE they would stop with this whinny liberal BULLSHIT.

(Allegheny County)

I can almost say with certainty by looking at the property managements comments that even if this man is found not guilty of a crime that he will not be able to renew his lease.

(York County)

At least he is alive to find a new place to live. chalk another one up for the armed citizen
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Monroe County)

Kid did alright for himself. The manager's remarks are too stupid to comment on...

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Delaware County)

I'm sure we'll find out he used one of those "EVIL ASSAULT WEAPONS" to defend himself. Young man defended himself and his mom. Nuff said.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.